Who is Chelsea new Manager, Thomas Tuchel and what type of Football does he play?

Thomas Tuchel has been appointed as the new Chelsea Head Coach. He moves to Stamford Bridge following a two-and-a-half year spell at French champions Paris Saint-Germain, which came to an end last month.

But who is Toma’s Tuchel and what type of Football does he play?

12 Likes

:large_blue_circle:Thomas Tuchel’s first interview as Chelsea’s head coach!

He will be in the dugout to face Wolves! :wolf:

8 Likes

:de: Thomas Tuchel’s PSG record last season

:trophy: Ligue 1
:trophy: Coupe de France
:trophy: Coupe de la Ligue
:2nd_place_medal: Champions League

:soon: The German is reportedly set to take the reins at Chelsea

:thinking: Happy Chelsea fans?

16 Likes

Thomas Tuchel is the fifth German manager in Premier League history:

:de: Felix Magath
:de: Jürgen Klopp
:de: Jan Siewert
:de: Daniel Farke
:de: Thomas Tuchel :new:

Three of them have been relegated, the other won the league. :eyes:

11 Likes

Thomas Tuchel Tactics and What Chelsea can Expect from the German

11 Likes

Impressive record from the Chelsea New Boss! :eyes: :blue_heart:

11 Likes

The stats behind the man. :nerd_face:

10 Likes

Thomas Tuchel is ‘a fan’ of Callum Hudson-Odoi - The Guardian

• Tuchel, who is regarded as a fine tactician and began his managerial career at Mainz in 2009, spoke to Chelsea’s struggling German attackers, Kai Havertz and Timo Werner, before training.

• He sees vast potential in attack – he managed Christian Pulisic at Borussia Dortmund and is a fan of Callum Hudson-Odoi – and believes he can work with Mateo Kovacic, Jorginho and N’Golo Kanté in central midfield.

• He has a close relationship with Thiago Silva after managing the centre-back at PSG.

• Jorginho and Antonio Rüdiger could earn fresh starts given that Tuchel wanted them at PSG.

A possible Line-up :eyes:

11 Likes

The first German to manage Chelsea will need to keep his new bosses happy. Although Tuchel’s first task will be lifting the side back into the top-four race, he must challenge for the title in the long run.

11 Likes

Interestingly no manager has lasted for more than 2 years :exclamation:

12 managers in 13 years (2007-2021) :exclamation: :eyes: Such a rapid turnover…something seems to be amiss :exclamation: :thinking:

Wonder if Tuchel can break this jinx :interrobang: :face_with_monocle:

Thomas Tuchel has been offered an 18-month contract at Chelsea to June 2022, with the option to extend by another year.

Kaveh Solhekol has revealed on The Transfer Show on Sky Sports News

“No appetite for either side to sign a longer contract than that,” said Solhekol, with Chelsea having paid out large amounts in the past to managers on long-term contracts who they later decided to sack.

11 Likes

Following the announcement that Thomas Tuchel is the new Chelsea head coach, we have selected some quotes on the German to provide a flavour of his managerial style.

From fellow managers to former players and journalists who have followed his career closely, there has been plenty said and written about Tuchel during his seven-and-a-half seasons coaching in the Bundesliga and Ligue 1…

Christian Pulisic

‘I’m very thankful for everything he did for me. Tuchel always trusted me and gave me a chance.’ – Christian Pulisic , who worked with Tuchel at Borussia Dortmund, speaking in 2017

Dani Alves

‘He’s incredible. A German with a Brazilian soul. He brought the pleasure back into coming to work and you approach things with a big smile and energy. He makes things really smooth and does things his own way.’ – Dani Alves , who played under Tuchel at PSG

Jurgen Klopp

‘A fantastic, fantastic manager. You can really see his influence [on PSG]. It has changed a lot their style of play, different formations and stuff like that. I know a lot of people who have worked with him and they are all full of respect for him.’ – Jurgen Klopp

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

‘He’s one of the best coaches that I’ve had. I can’t deny his talent. You could say that his style is a bit like that of Guardiola, they play with the same spirit. He likes to keep the ball with a style of play that sees the ball move forward, no matter what happens.’ – Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang , one of Tuchel’s players at Dortmund

Pep Guardiola

0_GettyImages-585848706

‘Thomas lives football. He has this passion and desire to want to know everything and to get better. He’s 24 hours a day thinking about his team, the opponents, football generally. I like that about him. We have the same passion for the game.’ – Pep Guardiola

11 Likes

Tuchel’s first few fixtures as Chelsea boss starting tonight v Wolves. How many will they win?

9 Likes