What are your predictions for 2019 US Open? Who are your Top 4 semifinalists?

You Got Me! :grinning:

1 Like

As it is said “The Slam of Surprises” the future stars have taken the center stage. That was some good tennis from Dimitrov but Nadal looks unbeatable. Coming to the women’s singles, anyone who saw Belinda Bencic vs Naomi Osaka’s match they would know Bencic was not a surprise semi-finalist and I don’t hesitate to tell that she can even be the Champion this time.

5 Likes

Daniil Medvedev is into his first career Grand Slam final. Medvedev defeated Grigor Dimitrov 7-6(7-5), 6-4, 6-3 to setup a US Open summit clash with Rafael Nadal.

It will be interesting to see how the self portrayed biggest villain in the tennis world right now plays against a poised and experienced Nadal.

In women’s finals, Serena to play against Canadian Andreescu to claim a record 7th US Open title. A finals win will surpass the mark Serena shares with tennis legend Chris Evert, a record of 101 wins at US Open, the most in tournament history.

Few other records set with this much anticipated finals-
The 18-year age gap between Serena and Andreescu represents the largest between women’s finalists at any major in the Open era.

Serena aiming to equal Margaret Court’s record of 24 singles Grand Slam titles. This will be a special win for Williams who has seen three losses in Grand Slam finals since returning to action following the birth of her first child.

Women’s finals tonight will definitely be a match to watch to see if teenager Andreescu can stop Serena’s juggernaut!

4 Likes

Both Medvedev & Bianca in Final! Both face Giants!

2 David vs Goliath Finals! How many of you are cheering for underdogs?

5 Likes

I always root for the underdogs because the favorites and accomplised winners enjoy the crowd support. Underdogs make the games more exciting, play against defying odds and inspire others to attempt astonishing feats.

4 Likes

One underdog triumphed! Bianca Andreescu wins her maiden Grand Slam title with a 6-3, 7-5 win over Serena Williams.

4 Likes

Rafel Nadal It Is!

4 Likes

US Open concludes with a new women’s singles Champion in Bianca Andreescu and Nadal claiming his US Open trophy to go with his titles in 2010, 2013 and 2017, edging closer to the big 20 Grand slam title race.

What an incredible match! Nadal claimed his 19th grand slam title after defeating Daniil Medvedev 7-6, 6-3, 5-7, 4-6, 6-4 in a five-set thriller in the US Open final.
Medvedev had a fantastic run this tournament and displayed fine tennis in the 4 hour 49 minutes championship match where he threatened to pull off an impossible comeback win over the mighty Majorcan after taking the 3rd and 4th sets. He no doubt has proved to be a clear competitor to the big 3 in the coming tournaments.

Flashback of all Nadal’s Grand Slam wins - Great tribute by US Open during trophy presentation. I think Medvedev delivered a very gracious speech acknowledging Nadal’s amazing achievements and made good with the New York crowd after few bad boy incidents earlier during the tournament. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes