🇦🇷 Tribute to Argentinian Football Legend Diego Maradona

Argentinian football legend Diego Maradona, 60, dies of a heart attack

The Star! The Legend! You will always be remembered as the greatest footballer of all time! :heart: :soccer:

The World Cup-winner was recently hospitalized and underwent brain surgery and was released on Nov. 11.

23 Likes

RIP Legend!

The football world will always remember you. :raised_hands:

19 Likes

Maradona played for Napoli between 1984 and 1991, helping the city win its first Serie A league title. His controversial handball goal in the 1986 world cup final is still a before of lifetime. But undoubtedly he was the greatest of all time in Football. RIP Champ!

20 Likes

It is because of the name Maradona that I started watching football. Very disheartening to hear about his demise.

RIP Legend! The One, The Only, Greatest Ever!

IMG_20201125_231647

15 Likes

s
Football legend Diego Maradona had passed away at the age of 60 after suffering a cardiorespiratory arrest…

RIP legend

9 Likes

Some interesting facts about the legend

• He featured in 4 FIFA World Cup competitions for Argentina.

• He assisted Boca Juniors to earn the title in 1982 before making a transition to Barcelona. Still, he moved to Napoli in 1984 and assisted them to win their two Serie A championship in 1987 and 1990.

• He captained his national team (Argentina) on 16 games and holds the record for showing up as skipper of any nation in the FIFA World Cup.

• Altogether, Maradona featured in World Cup competitions 21 times.

• He made his first expert introduction to the football on October 20, 1976, for [Argentinos Juniors] when he was 15 years of age.

• In Japan, Maradona was a member of the Argentina team that earned the 1979 Youth World Cup.

• In Buenos Aires, On February 27, 1977, Diego Maradona made his first global presentation against Hungary in the Bombonera arena at age 16.

• Maradona additionally earned the Golden Ball award for being the competition’s remarkable player.

10 Likes

999be59bd20983bf3404b58b004aac43

‘Ciao Diego’, ‘You are eternal’

Maradona helped Argentine win the 1986 World Cup and displayed some of the finest football the world has ever seen. He was a world-beating player whose life and career was a rollercoaster ride. “I am black or white, I’ll never be grey in my life,” he once said.

11 Likes

Football Legend, Maradona dies at Age 60.

The Argentine FA confirmed the news in a statement on Twitter which read: "The Argentine Football Association, through its President Claudio Tapia, expresses its deepest sorrow for the death of our legend, Diego Armando Maradona.

“You will always be in our hearts.”

Diego Armando Maradona was an Argentine professional player and football manager and he’s generally regarded as one of the best ever to play the beautiful game of football.

Maradona became a household name after inspiring his country to World Cup glory in 1986. He took center stage at the tournament with a memorable performance against England where he scored an iconic goal that he later described as the “Hand of God.”

Maradona was a National Hero and the legacies he left behind will never be forgotten. Rest in peace Legend.

19 Likes

“I am Maradona, who makes goals, who makes mistakes. I can take it all, I have shoulders big enough to fight with everybody.”
Diego Maradona

RIP one of the greatest human in football history. Diego Armando Maradona (1960-2020)

17 Likes

Remembering Diego Maradona

Hero ISL players and coaches pay tribute to the legendary Diego Maradona

16 Likes

The world of football is mourning the loss of Diego Armando Maradona, who died of a heart attack at his home in Buenos Aires. This is a documentary about his life when he played at Barcelona, Napoli and Argentina.

Diego Maradona 1960-2020 ● Football’s Greatest Moments

Exclusive Sky Sports Documentary

17 Likes

Diego Maradona’s youth was full of difficulties. Coming from an extremely poor family, Maradona had to work harder than others to escape this and find his place on top of the world. From his childhood to his teenage years, the challenges got even greater but Maradona never let it get him down.

Before you lose hope, watch Diego Maradona’s childhood story | Oh My Goal

8 Likes