đź‘‘ Sergio Aguero's Incredible Manchester City Career in Numbers

Manchester City has announced that Sergio Aguero will leave the club when his contract expires this summer.

The Argentine striker, 32, is out of contract at the end of the season and will not be offered a new one.

In this thread, we want to take a look at all Sergio Aguero’s incredible Numbers at Manchester City. Join us in the Discussion

16 Likes

Sergio Aguero joined City from Atletico Madrid in 2011 and has established himself as one of the greatest goalscorers the English game has ever seen.

He has amassed 257 goals in 384 appearances and is the highest scoring overseas player in Premier League history (181).

Aguero will forever be remembered for the dramatic last-gasp winner against QPR in 2012 which secured the club’s first top-flight championship in 44 years – and their first ever Premier League title.

He has gone on to win the title four times in total and has also lifted one FA Cup and five League Cups.

15 Likes

Sergio Agüero has won more Premier League Player of the Month awards than any player in the competition’s history.

âś“ 2013 October
âś“ 2014 November
âś“ 2016 January
âś“ 2016 April
âś“ 2018 January
âś“ 2019 February
âś“ 2020 January

So he started using them as a camera stand. :sweat_smile:

21 Likes

Sergio Aguero at Man City

:tshirt: 384
:soccer: 257

:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy: Premier League
:trophy: FA Cup
:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy: EFL Cup
:trophy::trophy::trophy: Community Shield

23 Likes

Sergio Agüero is Manchester City’s all-time leading goal-scorer, the top-scoring foreign player in Premier League history and has scored more hat-tricks in the competition than any other player.

King Kun. :crown:

20 Likes

Sergio Aguero will be honored with a statue outside the Etihad alongside statues currently in progress for Vincent Kompany and David Silva :raised_hands:

22 Likes

Sergio Aguero has scored 12 hat-tricks in the Premier League, with his most recent against Aston Villa in January 2020 taking him one clear of Alan Shearer’s record that had stood since 1999. Collector.

18 Likes

93:20 - Sergio Aguero has scored a club-record 181 goals for Manchester City in the Premier League, however only one of those was a winning goal in the 90th minute of a game (versus QPR in May 2012). AgĂĽeroooo.

17 Likes

Sergio Aguero has scored 257 goals in 384 games for Manchester City in all competitions; the most of any player in the club’s history. Legend.

17 Likes

:smiling_imp: Sergio Aguero’s favourite opponents in the Premier League:

:1st_place_medal: 15 goals vs Newcastle
:2nd_place_medal: 11 goals vs Tottenham
:3rd_place_medal: 10 goals vs Chelsea

:sweat_smile: Won’t be missed by everyone
IMG_20210330_125903

13 Likes

Sergio Aguero Legendary Moments at Manchester City :fire:

11 Likes

Aguero’s memorable late goal in 2012 will go down in history as the most dramatic Premier League title win ever!!

12 Likes

108 - Sergio Aguero is the owner of the best minutes per goal ratio in Premier League history (min. 50 goals), with the Argentinean averaging a strike every 108 minutes played in the competition. Supreme.

8 Likes

Aguero’s heartfelt statement shows he will never forget his time in Manchester.

It read: “When a cycle comes to an end, many sensations arise. A huge sense of satisfaction and pride remains in me for having played with Manchester City for a whole 10 seasons – unusual for a professional player in this day and age.

“Ten seasons with major achievement, throughout which I was able to become the top historic goalscorer and forging an indestructible bond with all those who love this club – people who will always be in my heart.

“I was to join during the reconstruction era of 2011, and with the guidance of the owners and the contribution of many players, we earned a place among the greatest in the world.

“The task to maintain this well-deserved privileged position will remain on others.

“As for myself, I will continue to give it my utmost for the rest of the season to win more titles and bring more joy to the fans.

“Then, a new stage with new challenges will begin and I am fully ready to face them with the same passion and professionalism that I have always dedicated to continue competing at the highest level.”

12 Likes

:eyes: Hat-tricks in the Premier League since 2011/12:

Sergio Aguero - 12
Liverpool - 6
Arsenal - 6
Chelsea - 5
Man Utd - 5
Tottenham - 5
IMG_20210330_133832

11 Likes

2017-18 Yaya Toure
2018-19 Vincent Kompany
2019-20 David Silva
2020-21 Sergio Aguero

Always hurt to say goodbye to a legend… :cry:

End of the era

12 Likes

What next for Aguero :interrobang: :thinking:

Man City’s top goal scorer is finally leaving the club after 10 years of service for the sky blues.

He is now 32 years old having atleast a few years before retirement. These are some clubs that he might join:

1. FC Barcelona - They have been needing a new no. 9 for quite some time now. I feel Aguero would do good here as he will play alongside his very good friend Lionel Messi. Him joining the club just might make Messi stay at Camp Nou which will be very helpful for the club.

2. PSG - They already have 2 strikers (Moise Kean and Mauro Icardi) out of which Moise Kean is on loan. They would have to buy Kean for $59M, instead Aguero ($27.5) would be much cheaper.

Now, the question that remains is who is going to fill Aguero’s large boots?

Currently Gabriel Jesus is doing the job but, Harry Kane seems like the most likely choice as City might be willing to pay $117M for him. Erling Haaland is also good candidate as he suits City’s style of play perfectly. City are even considering Kylian Mbappe.

replacement for aguero

12 Likes

20+ goal seasons in the Premier league:

7 - Alan Shearer
6 - Sergio AgĂĽero
5 - Thierry Henry
4 - Ruud van Nistelrooy
4 - Harry Kane

Sergio AgĂĽero. :love_you_gesture:

8 Likes

Gabriel Jesus on Sergio Aguero:

:speaking_head: "When we play together I score one, he scores two, I score two and he scores three.

“I think I’m going to learn a lot in these next years to become a proper striker who scores a lot.” [Sky Sports]

10 Likes

Pep Guardiola says Sergio Aguero is irreplaceable :blue_heart:

13 Likes