🇫🇷 Ligue 1 News, Match previews, Results, Discussions-2020-21 Open Thread

This thread is for news and discussions about The French Ligue1

The 2020–21 Ligue 1 season, also known as Ligue 1 Uber Eats for sponsorship reasons, is a French association football tournament within Ligue 1. It is the 83rd season since its establishment. The season started on 21 August 2020 and is scheduled to end on 23 May 2021. The league fixtures were announced on 9 July 2020.

Feel free to comment, share and discuss the below in this thread:

• 2020/21 season Ligue1 Match Previews, Match Results and Reviews
  • News of your favorite Clubs and Players in Ligue1

26 Likes

Jonathan Bamba has delivered 8 assists in Ligue 1 in 2020, only Angel Di Maria (10) did better in this period.

ezgif-7-622bb1c56016

24 Likes

Mbappe:

“I learned from Cristiano Ronaldo, that’s why many compare me to him, I try to copy him, he’s my idol from a very young age, his consistency makes him the best in the world.”
IMG_20201127_184232

16 Likes

Ligue 1 teams will honour the late Diego Maradona with minutes of silence in a M formation this weekend… Creative :ok_hand:
IMG-20201128-WA0009

15 Likes

Neymar has just scored his 50th Ligue1 goals for PSG. It took him just 58 games to achieve that feat :scream:

14 Likes

Moise Kean has now scored four goals in six Ligue 1 appearances for PSG, twice the tally he managed in 31 Premier League appearances for Everton.

A man reborn. :zap:

13 Likes

Breaking: Ligue1 club Nice have sacked Head coach Patrick Vieira

15 Likes

Ligue1 Fixtures for Matchday 13

Friday, December 4th

• Nimes vs Marseille- 9pm

Saturday, December 5th

• Rennes vs Lens - 5pm
  • Montpelier vs Paris SG- 9pm

Sunday, December 6th

• Lille vs Monaco - 1pm
  • Angers vs Lorient - 3pm
  • Bordeaux vs Brest- 3pm
  • Dijon vs St Etienne - 3pm
  • Nantes vs Strasbourg- 3pm
  • Reims vs Nice- 5pm
  • Metz vs Lyon- 9pm

(All times in BST)

22 Likes

Montpellier Striker, Delort tests positive for Covid 19 again, ahead of their clash with PSG. A huge blow for the Ligue1 side.

12 Likes

Eduardo Camavinga signs with ICM Stellar Sports to join Gareth Bale and Co after sacking his agent… putting Manchester United and Real Madrid on red alert for big summer transfer.

The 18 year old is seen as one of the most exciting talents in World football.

36092898-0-image-m-11_1607076920309

14 Likes

Neymar says he wants more than anything for Lionel Messi to move to Paris, and that it must happen ‘next season’

“He can play in my place, I have no problem with that! But I want to play with him next year, for sure,” the Brazilian said on Wednesday.

Neymar and Messi enjoyed four prolific seasons together at the Camp Nou between 2013 and 2017, winning eight major honors, including two La Liga titles and the Champions League.

17 Likes

Ligue1 today: 4th December

Full Time scores: Mines 0-2 Marseille

V. Germain grabs a late winner for the away side despite going a man down.

11 Likes

Match Preview: Montpelier vs Paris SG- 9pm (BST) 1:30am (IST)

Paris Saint-Germain will endeavor to build on their dramatic Champions League victory over Manchester United when they travel to Montpelier HSC for Saturday’s ligue1 fixture.

However, the champions are hoping to avoid a third game without a win in the top flight and are facing a Montpellier side who have triumphed four times on the bounce in Ligue 1.

Montpellier overcame PSG 3-2 at the Stade de la Mosson in the 2018-19 campaign, but Tuchel’s men enjoyed a 3-1 victory on Montpellier’s turf last season before winning 5-0 at home.

Montpellier HSC Ligue 1 form: DLWWWW

Paris Saint-Germain Ligue 1 form: WWWWLD
Paris Saint-Germain form (all competitions): LWLWDW

13 Likes

Match preview: Lille vs Monaco - 1pm (BST) 5:30pm (IST)

The pick of the fixtures this weekend in Ligue 1 sees second-placed Lille welcome fourth-placed Monaco to the Stade Pierre-Mauroy on Sunday lunchtime.

The two powerhouses are only separated in the table by goal difference and, depending on Paris Saint-Germain’s result on Saturday, could rise to the top of the rankings with a win.

Lille ensured that their unbeaten record in the Europa League remained intact with a slender 2-1 victory over Sparta Prague on Thursday evening - a result which has confirmed their place in the round of 32.

Les Dogues trounced Monaco 3-0 in last season’s Coupe de la Ligue, but Les Monegasques have triumphed in seven of their last nine encounters with Lille in all competitions - including a 5-1 thrashing in their most recent meeting.

Lille Ligue 1 form: WDDLWD
Lille form (all competitions): WLWDDW

Monaco Ligue 1 form: DLWWWW

15 Likes

Full Time: Stade Rennais 0-2 RC lens

Efficient and author of a good overall performance, RC Lens returned from Rennes with a 2-0 victory, plunging their opponent even more into doubt.

13 Likes

Full Time: Montpelier 1-3 Paris Saint Germain

Mbappe scores 100th goal for PSG in Montpelier win.

15 Likes

Full Time: Lille OSC 2-1 Monaco

Lille cut PSG league 1 lead to two points on Sunday after second half goals from Jonathan David and Yusuf Yacizi gave the northerners a 2-1 home victory over Monaco.

hqdefault

13 Likes

Ligue1 Results

8 Likes

FT: ST Eteinne 0-0 Angers

:end: Points shared at the Geoffroy-Guichard!

13 Likes

Lille President Gérard Lopez is in danger of being forced out by lenders Elliott Management & JP Morgan owing to LOSC’s raging financial trouble, which would lead to the total breakdown of the club’s project, existing structure & likely attempted title challenge.

15 Likes