For me, Issue is/was very clear. My complain is not he is not retiring. My complain is he should have been out of the team years ago.
It’s not that I always thought so. I was a Dhoni fan when many hadn’t even heard his name. You cant imagine my heartburn When he was blazing in domestic circuits and wasn’t getting chance. I was ecstatic when Dada used him at 3 and he owned the slot.
But, things changed when he happened to become captain. Particularly when he established himself in Srinivasan Gang.
Two factors made me disapprove him.
- He started leaving things too late till chase was almost impossible. Sometimes he pulled it off, sometimes not. We lost many matches due to his such approach.
- His treatment of seniors and in particular his compatriots like Viru, Yuvi, Gambhir etc. In some time all players senior to him (who could have been captainship rivals) lost their place in the team.
One more points was noticed by many, So many CSK players found themselves selected over others.
- I have seen Sunny-Kapil captainship rivalry era.
- I have seen Azhar becoming captain due to TINA like Dhoni.
- I have seen Dada pipping Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble for captainship and they kept playing together.