January transfer window 2021: Who could be on the move?

January transfer window 2021: Who could be on the move?

The Winter transfer window is now officially opened… Who does your club needs to add to their team in January to survive the drop, to battle for the Europa League Spot, the top 4 or to Challenge for the title?
This thread is going to give you up to date Incoming and Outgoings among the top 5 leagues in Europe.

14 Likes

Latest on Pochettino to PSG

Mauricio Pochettino has just started. He’s arrived at Paris Saint Germain headquarters - official announcement is coming. :large_blue_circle::red_circle:

10 Likes

Barcelona have a total agreement with Eric Garcia to sign him in 2021. He’ll be a Barça player. :large_blue_circle::red_circle:

Eric is expected to join as a free agent next summer. Barça can try to anticipate the deal in January but they need to negotiate with Man City.

9 Likes

David Alaba to Real Madrid.

He is set to sign a four-year deal worth €10m, according to Marca :writing_hand:

11 Likes

BREAKING: Mauricio Pochettino has been appointed as the new head coach of Paris Saint-Germain.

0_GettyImages-1180479209

9 Likes

BREAKING: Mauricio Pochettino has been appointed as the new head coach of Paris Saint-Germain.

mauricio-pochettino-head-coach-manager-of-tottenham-hotspur-and-kyle-picture-id1074398600

Mauricio Pochettino appointed new PSG boss following Thomas Tuchel sacking

The former Tottenham manager has had to be patient in waiting for his return to football but has finally landed a new job

Mauricio Pochettino has finally landed a new job in management after being confirmed as the new boss of Paris-Saint Germain.

The 48-year-old has been out of the game since last November when he was sacked by Tottenham following five-and-a-half years in charge.

But after Thomas Tuchel’s departure from PSG was confirmed by the club earlier this week it was announced that Pochettino would be the man to replace him on Saturday.

He has signed a contract until 30 June 2022, with an option for an extra year.

Speaking following the announcement, Pochettino said: “I am really happy and honored to become the new coach of Paris Saint-Germain.

"I would like to thank the Club’s management for the trust they have placed in me. As you know, this club has always held a special place in my heart. I have wonderful memories, especially of the unique atmosphere of the Parc des Princes.

"I return to the Club today with a lot of ambition and humility, and am eager to work with some of the world’s most talented players.

"This team has fantastic potential and my staff and I will do everything we can to get the best for Paris Saint-Germain in all competitions.

“We will also do our utmost to give our team the combative and attacking playing identity that Parisian fans have always loved.”

PSG chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi added: "We are very pleased to welcome Mauricio Pochettino as first team coach.

"I am proud to see our former captain returning to Paris Saint-Germain, as the Club has always remained his home. The return of Mauricio fits perfectly with our ambitions and it will be another exciting chapter for the club and one I am positive the fans will enjoy.

“With the appointment of Mauricio Pochettino, Paris Saint-Germain is committed to continue to build and move the club forward over the coming years.”

Pochettino spent three seasons as a player at the French giants between 2000-03, and will no doubt relish the chance to take charge of one of Europe’s elite clubs.

8 Likes

Mauricio Pochettino becomes just the second non-European manager to take charge of PSG.

The first this century.:sunglasses:

11 Likes

HODGSON UNFAZED BY ZAHA RUMOURS

wilfried-zaha-of-crystal-palace-celebrate-after-scoring-goal-during-picture-id1128368868

Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson says he is unconcerned by renewed speculation over the future of Wilfried Zaha and praised the forward’s form and attitude ahead of this afternoon’s clash with Sheffield United at Selhurst Park.

Zaha has struck eight goals in 14 games for Crystal Palace this season, with Paris St Germain and AC Milan the latest clubs to be linked with a big-money move for the 28-year-old.

Hodgson said: “There has been so much speculation regarding Wilf over the years that I tend to let those concerns disappear, as they often do.

“Wilf’s good and it doesn’t surprise me that there’s clubs out there who would like to sign him, but a lot of things have to be put in place before a player leaves a club.

“I’m just happy at the moment that Wilf is playing as he is, displaying his discipline and concentration and his passion for football and the club, and unless I’m given a reason to think otherwise, I expect that to keep going.”

10 Likes

FARKE: BUENDIA GOING NOWHERE IN JANUARY

emi-buendia-of-norwich-celebrates-scoring-to-make-it-20-during-the-picture-id1135596430

Norwich manager Daniel Farke insisted Emi Buendia would be staying at the club in the January transfer window after watching him produce a brilliant winner to see off Barnsley 1-0 at Carrow Road.

It was Buendia’s seventh goal of an impressive season, with his performances bringing rumoured interest from a number of Premier League clubs. But Farke is determined to keep his prized asset as the Canaries attempt to bounce back to the top-flight at the first attempt.

He said: “Emi is a key player for us, an important member of the group, and he is totally committed to us. He is our player and will continue to be our player – he is on a long-term contract with the club so we keep him.

“Everyone knows his qualities – and I don’t expect interest just because he scored a wonder goal today. He has scored a number like this for us and people know what he can do. It was an excellent finish and that is what Emi can do. He instinctively knows when to make a run and then has the quality to finish like that."

8 Likes

Updates on Diallo to Manchester United

Confirmed: Amad Diallo is set to join Manchester United in January and not in June, despite Atalanta trying to keep him on loan until the end of the season.

Diallo won’t be part Atalanta team for next match against Sassuolo. Solskjaer wants him right now at Manchester United.

Solskjaer also confirmed that Amad Diallo has received his passport: "We have had all the paperwork, I can’t see any obstacles. He’s coming. Hope very soon he will be with us. Very excited to have him in. He’ll need time to develop”.

12 Likes

:memo: DEAL DONE: Jonny Evans has signed a new 2-and-a-half year contract at Leicester City, keeping him at the club until 2023.

9 Likes

Diego Costa’s record in the Premier League:

◉ 89 games
◉ 52 goals
◉ 16 assists
◉ 2 trophies

A return back to England could be on the cards.

Which club will be best suited for Diego Costa in the Premier League? :thinking:

11 Likes

moise-kean-of-paris-saintgermain-celebrates-after-scoring-his-sides-picture-id1282723522

PSG are in talks to sign Moise Kean on a permanent deal for £31m, according to Sky Sports :eyes:

12 Likes

Pirlo on Giroud to Juventus:

"He’d be handy!

"The window opens tomorrow, we already discussed with the club what we want to do and if there are any opportunities.

“Maybe a striker that can rotate with our strikers.” :open_mouth:

15 Likes

NICE CLOSE IN ON SALIBA LOAN MOVE

Nice are close to signing Arsenal defender William Saliba on loan until the end of the season.

The move is a straight loan as Arsenal see Saliba as part of their long-term plans.

Saliba joined from Saint Etienne for £27m in the summer of 2019, before returning on loan to Saint Etienne.

Saliba, who is currently in France finalising the move, has yet to make a senior appearance for Arsenal.

Arsenal hope the loan spell will provide Saliba with regular football ahead of fighting for a first-team place next season.

13 Likes

BENFICA WANT EARLY FERNANDES RETURN

Benfica want Tottenham midfielder Gedson Fernandes to return to the club - six months before his loan deal expires.

Tottenham signed Gedson last January on an 18-month loan, with an option to buy.

Gedson has yet to start a Premier League game for Spurs and it is thought they are open to allowing him to go back to Benfica.

8 Likes

SOLSKJAER SET FOR MAN UTD CLEAROUT

ole-gunnar-solskjaer-interim-manager-of-manchester-united-the-fans-picture-id1134942265

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will begin a major clearout this week by speaking to six of his fringe players about loan or permanent moves away from the club, reports the Daily Mail.

Those players include Sergio Romero, Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo, Jesse Lingard, Daniel James and Brandon Williams.

13 Likes

SPURS OPEN KANE TALKS

Tottenham have opened up initial dialogue with striker Harry Kane over a contract extension, according to reports in the Independent.

And the north London club intend to keep the England international captain at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium for the prime of his career.

14 Likes

FLETCHER JOINS UNITED’S COACHING STAFF

Manchester United is pleased to announce that Darren Fletcher will join the first-team coaching staff.

Darren spent 20 years with the club as a player after coming through the Academy to make over 340 first team appearances between 2003 and 2015.

He has been coaching the Under-16s since October and will now join the first-team staff full-time.

11 Likes

FULHAM HAPPY TO LET SERI & JOHANSEN LEAVE IN JAN

jean-michael-seri-of-fulham-celebrates-after-scoring-his-teams-first-picture-id1023894980

Galatasaray in talks with Fulham over taking midfielder Jean Michael Seri on loan.

Seri, spent last season on loan with Galatasaray, has not made a Premier League appearance for Fulham this season.

Meanwhile, Fulham are also listening to offers for midfielder Stefan Johansen.

Like Seri, Johansen has not made a Premier League appearance for the Cottagers this season.

10 Likes