🇮🇳 ISL 2020-21 Season- Matchday 16- Previews, Reviews, Match Results, Discussions- Mumbai City, NorthEast United FC, ATK Mohun Bagan and more

Hyderabad FC 2-0 Chennaiyin FC

A clean sheet and goals from Sandaza and Joel Chianese give a 2-0 victory and help Hyderabad FC double over Chennaiyin FC!

They won the first match 4-1 and in the return leg, they got the better of the Marina Machans 2-0. Fran Sandaza opened the scoring for the Nizams on the 28th minute after Joao Victor found him with a perfectly weighted pass inside the box. That was also the only shot on target in the first half.
Hyderabad did get a few half-chances, Chennaiyin FC, however, had nothing to show in the first 45.

The second-half saw a different Chennaiyin FC, with more intent and pace, they were creating trouble for HFC throughout the second-half. They even hit the woodwork twice and missed two sitters to find their way back into the game. Then on the 83rd minute, Joel Chianese found the back of the net from a narrow-angle to seal the deal for the team from Hyderabad. With this win, they also break into the top 4.

EtEFaoRUwAYVjVU

12 Likes

ATKMB 0-1 KBFC [45:00 min]

For me ATKMB was good in the first half.

The difference was made by Garry Hooper with a stunner. He was not good through out the season but today he has shown his class.

By the way in the mid field there is still a problem for ATKMB. KBFC approaches the game with long ranger. If CDMs (ATKMB) successfully blocked that nothing more to worry from them.

For me I would like to substitute Sumit, with Komal or Manvir. Place rane in the left wing and in place of rane place komal or manvir. This actually would make attacking more smooth.

Till now I personally am not worried. ATKMB will surely comeback. Seat back and enjoy the 2nd half.

17 Likes

ATKMB 3-2 KBFC

What have I said? :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Manvir was brought. Komal was brought. Spot on.

The game changes from that.

ATKMB was over defensive in this season. This team has got tremendous attacking potential.

Marcellinho was completely off form in OFC. But he got his scoring boot in ATKMB.

Brilliant football in 2nd half. First time may be the ref is good. Ya I mean he does it better than others.

This ATKMB team has tremendous depth in their squad. This team can come back from hell.

As I said CDM needs to block the long rangers. Sk Sahil off Pronoy Haldar in. Job done. KBFC attack neutralised.

Loved this game watching. #joymohunbagan

17 Likes

:clap: :clap:

Wow! What an incredible comeback! :green_heart: :heart:

15 Likes

ATK Mohun Bagan 3-2 Kerala Blasters

What an incredible game of football! ATKMB was staring at a definite defeat after falling behind by 0-2 in the 51st minute following goals from Gary Hooper and Costa Nhamoinesu. But in the matter of six minutes, the Mariners turned the game around as Manvir Singh’s lobbed pass in the 59th minute allowed Marcelinho to lift it over Albino Gomes and in the 65th minute a handball by Kerala skipper Jessel Carneiro inside the box allowed Roy Krishna to equalize from the spot. The Fijian completed an emphatic comeback for the Kolkata side when he latched onto a loose ball in the 87th minute to bend it into the far corner.

Kerala Blasters had the lead till the 58th minute and were dominant and comfortable. Then Marcelinho scored and since then, ATKMB put all the pressure on them and reaped benefits of it. A penalty and a winning goal from Roy Krishna meant ATKMB had completed the comeback. Kerala Blasters will be heartbroken, ATKMB ecstatic.

15 Likes

KBFC Head Coach Kibu Vicuna After the Game

"I am very frustrated because I feel it’s not good to be good. I never blame the referees but in the last few games, they haven’t been good with us.

“We are going to fight every game. We played a very good first half but in the second half, they were better. ATK Mohun Bagan is a very good team. But the refereeing also hurt us. There were decisions in the first half. Then they get a penalty in the second half. Congratulations to ATK Mohun Bagan for getting the win but I am very upset.”

14 Likes

Goal timings are not correct, please change the photograph .

4 Likes

Roy Krishna is the Hero of the Match!

For netting the brace that helped ATK Mohun Began secure the WIN! :raised_hands:

Manvir Singh takes home the DHL Winning Pass of the Match!

For his splendid impact as a sub and assisting the goal that began ATK Mohun Bagan’s comeback.

EtE1udfU0AYZUBh

15 Likes

Preview: Odisha FC vs Jamshedpur FC

Odisha FC and Jamshedpur FC will lock horns in the Indian Super League (ISL) at the GMC Stadium in Bambolim. Both sides have been winless for some time and will be eager to bounce back in this clash.

Odisha FC come on the back of an entertaining 1-1 draw with Bengaluru FC. They will bank on Diego Mauricio to score goals. The Brazilian has already netted seven times in this competition.

Jamshedpur FC were lucky to share the spoils in a 0-0 draw with Kerala Blasters in their last match. The latter hit the woodwork thrice.

In the last encounter between the two sides, Jamshedpur FC and Odisha FC played out a 2-2 draw. Nerijus Valskis scored a brace to give Jamshedpur FC a two-goal lead. However, Rehenesh TP’s sending off changed the complexion of the game. Diego Mauricio pumped in two late goals to level the proceedings for Odisha FC.g

14 Likes

Odisha FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Head-to-head

Since the rechristening of Delhi Dynamos to Odisha FC, the two sides have faced each other only on three occasions. Jamshedpur and Odisha have picked up one victory each, while their last encounter ended in a draw.

Odisha FC form guide: D-D-L-D-W

Jamshedpur FC form guide: D-D-L-L-L

13 Likes

For any player with a minimum of 10 shots on target, Jamshedpur FC striker Nerijus Valskis has the best shooting accuracy in the league after MD15 this season (76%). 19 of his 25 shots have been on target (eight goals).

10 Likes

HALF-TIME

Jamshedpur FC head into the break with their noses ahead.

11 Likes

Diego Mauricio has scored 5 out of Odisha FC’s 9 second-half goals this season :muscle:

Can he spark a comeback for Stuart Baxter’s side? :thinking:

12 Likes

OFC 0-1 JFC

Nothing is actually working for OFC. Maybe the dressing room environment is not ok. The team looks like bunch of depressed lad.

Only Jerry was good rather briliant in this game. Inman from ATKMB swap deal was completely off colour. Taylor was out of position many times.

Diego Mauricio was not in the front then who will score.

I think the problem is in dressing room.

For JFC Mobasir was brilliant. So was eje and Hartley. Len and alex was very impressive. At last they got a win. But again a goal less match for valskis.

17 Likes

Odisha FC 0-1 Jamshedpur FC

Jamshedpur FC get a narrow 1-0 win over Odisha FC with Mohammad Mobashir intended cross finding the back of the net towards the end of the first half. Odisha FC gave Jamshedpur a game in the second half and Jerry Mawihmingthanga did really well for them but that could not do much for them. Len Doungel did an exceptional job on the right, the channel that Jamshedpur FC used throughout to attack Odisha.

11 Likes

Seiminlen Doungel is the winner of the DHL Winning Pass of the Match Award :raised_hands:

12 Likes

It’s a double swoop for Seiminlen Doungel as he is also adjudged to be the Hero of the Match :clap:

16 Likes

A vicious circle! Difficult to break the loop as the chances of bouncing back look slim. Feel for the team…a tough situation to be in.

12 Likes

Quality deliveries with a top-notch work rate :ok_hand::running_man:

Take a look at Seiminlen Doungel’s Hero of the Match performance from tonight’s game :film_projector:

15 Likes

Jamshedpur FC’s Owen Coyle reacts after his side registered a 1-0 victory against Odisha FC.

13 Likes