🇮🇳 ISL 2020-21 Season- Matchday 15- Previews, Reviews, Match Results, Discussions- ATK Mohun Bagan, Bengalaru FC, Mumbai City and more

We can be more dangerous’ - Chennaiyin boss Csaba Laszlo satisfied with draw against league leaders Mumbai City

Chennaiyin manager Csaba Laszlo felt that while his team could have scored one more goal after netting the equaliser, he was happy to collect a point against the Islanders.

"After the goal which we scored, we even had the possibility to score one more goal. At the end of the day, we also have to be satisfied with one point. This was an important point. We came here for three points, I had put out a very offensive team on the pitch with two strikers.

“On one side, Isma (Esmael Goncalves) and Jakub Syvestr are similar kinds of strikers but on the other side I was pushing the team to be offensive and score goals. We scored one goal and the one point was deserved. There could have been more but I am not unsatisfied,” said the Romanian-Hungarian coach.

9 Likes

Match Preview: NorthEast United vs ATK Mohun Began

NorthEast United FC take on ATK Mohun Bagan at the Fatorda Stadium on Tuesday. Both the teams won their last games. While the Mariners left it late to beat Chennaiyin FC 1-0, the Highlanders got the better of Jamshedpur FC 2-1 to end their seven-match winless run.

Under interim head coach Khalid Jamil after the departure of Gerard Nus, NorthEast United showed big improvement in their victory over Jamshedpur. The side replaced the injured Kwesi Appiah with Deshorn Brown and the Jamaican forward repaid the faith shown in him with a goal on his debut for the club. His goal-scoring form will be key against a defensively sound ATK Mohun Bagan unit who have conceded only five goals this season in 12 games .

Second-placed ATK Mohun Bagan, meanwhile, kept the Marina Machans at bay and clinched the winner through David Williams in injury time to secure the three points. However, this was the Mariners’ only 12th goal in 12 games this season and the attacking issues of the team will need to be addressed by Antonio Lopez Habas.

11 Likes

“We need to dictate the play and control the game. When we do not have the ball, we have to defend well, and when we do have the ball, we have to keep it well. If we get a correct chance to operate in the attack, then we will attack. If not, we will be patient with the ball. I am sure that the boys will do a good job against ATK Mohun Bagan,” NorthEast United assistant coach Alison Kharsyntiew said ahead of the game.

9 Likes

“The team had a good performance during the 90 minutes in the last match. The idea will be the same. The players understand that in this match, we need another win. Also, we changed the system of play and maybe this system had an influence on the score. NorthEast have played very well in the Hero ISL this season. We have to respect them,” Habas said ahead of the match.

8 Likes

Northeast United vs ATK Mohun Bagan Head to Head

NorthEast United FC lost by a 2-0 margin when they faced off against ATK Mohun Bagan for the first time earlier in the season. Roy Krishna scored a goal for the Mariners and will be their go-to man for the fixture in Margao as well.

10 Likes

LINE-UPS |

NorthEast United FC make 2 changes with Deshorn Brown earning his first start, while ATK Mohun Bagan FC name 4 changes in their starting XI!

9 Likes

ATKMB 0-0 NEUFC [45:00 min]

There is not much for me in the first half. ATKMB trying more for scoring but there is a problem in transition.

Tiri and sandesh was brilliant again. But pritam was off his position few times. Attacking wise few chances are created but lack of person in the front results missing those.

Galego, Machado and camara was impressive for NEUFC.

Still some more football to be played in this game in true sense.

11 Likes

ATKMB 1-2 NEUFC

Just nothing to say.

1. Worst referring. Ref could ware a red jersey today.
  2. ATKMB needs to come out from their defensive shell.
  3. Tremendous Gallego.

That’s all

13 Likes

NorthEast United 2-1 ATK Mohun Bagan: Machado and Gallego strike for Highlanders

It’s two wins in two games for Khalid Jamil since his presence on the NorthEast United bench as Luis Machado’s controversial goal at the hour mark was followed up by Federico Gallego’s 81st minute winner through a brilliant curling effort after Roy Krishna had equalised in the 72nd minute.

ATK Mohun Bagan (24 points from 13 games) have dropped points for the sixth time this season as they stay adrift leaders Mumbai City by a whole six points while NorthEast United (18) have drawn level on points with Hyderabad and within a spot from the play-offs.

17 Likes

I think its high time the management of the ISL take a more critical look on the officiating of the league in general. Bad officiating is becoming more rampant which is a going to bring a bad reputation for the league and might also lose credibility as well.

21 Likes

Agree with Yusuf. Have been hearing remarks about bad referring right from the beginning of the season- from coaches, players and fans too. I could well understand teams not being competitive or facilities not good enough but this concern shouldn’t have even been a matter of discussion.

As Yusuf rightly said this is will reflect bad on the league and it’s credibility at international level. The league management hopefully take the necessary steps to fix this recurring issue to maintain the standard of the league.

19 Likes

Fede Gallego is the Hero of the Match for his outstanding performance.

Esq7Mi0UwAAW1HC

Rochharzela is the winner of the DHL Winning Pass of the Match.

15 Likes

CONDITION OF MATCH OFFICIALS

The match fee for the refs are 4000 Rs. Only.

Comparing the position of the league which is very substantial.

In ISL quality of refs are more than poor. Completely horrendous decisions are made in the middle that too in number of occasions and the poor thing is all of that against one particular team.

If each and every decisions are against you how could you win?

Who will suffer the loss. The players. Being in a bio bubble, playing rigorous matches and then unnecessary cards. I mean seriously how the players will play?

Sometimes you do a regular foul but got a yellow card. Some times a worse tackle gone without card. Completely off balancing the game.

Being a follower in front of the TV screen I myself got frustrated. Just think about the poor fellows in the receiving end. Really. Just ridiculous.

19 Likes

I am not aware of what the match fee ref charges should be for games in premier leagues like ISL, but if those are below par than the management should be questioned.

On one hand clubs are investing 20-50Cr in teams while on the other hand we are talking about referees being underpaid and compromised on the quality of the game being conducted. I don’t know what to say. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

18 Likes

NorthEast United sealed a stunning 2-1 victory against ATK Mohun Bagan at the Fatorda Stadium. After a cagey first-half, the game came to life in the second period, with both teams upping the ante. It was Luis Machado who broke the deadlock to give the Highlanders the lead, before Roy Krishna equalised with a predatory finish. Federico Gallego then delivered the goods for his side, curling home a stunning finish to strengthen NorthEast United’s hopes of a top-4 finish.

Highlights - NorthEast United FC 2-1 ATK Mohun Bagan - Match 72

10 Likes

Post-match Presentation - NorthEast United FC 2-1 ATK Mohun Bagan

11 Likes

Jamil has now won both his games in charge of the side since the departure of Gerard Nus. :red_circle::black_circle::muscle:

11 Likes

:top: Top five unbeaten streaks in a single ISL season :

12 Mumbai City FC [ 2020-21 ]
10 Bengaluru FC [ 2018-19 ]
10 FC Goa [ 2014 ]
10 Bengaluru FC [ 2017-18 ]
9 Mumbai City FC [ 2018-19 ]

11 Likes

Match Preview: Kerala Blasters FC Vs Jamshedpur FC

Kerala Blasters FC take on Jamshedpur FC in tonight’s Hero Indian Super League (Hero ISL) 2020-21 at the GMC Stadium in Bambolim. In the last gameweek, both these teams earned a point from their respective matches. Kerala Blasters FC drew 1-1 with FC Goa, while Jamshedpur FC drew 0-0 with Hyderabad FC.

The Blasters ended Jamshedpur’s unbeaten streak against them earlier this month with a 3-2 victory. Since that morale-boosting result, the side have shown big improvement in their performance with one win and two draws.

An issue which will need to be addressed by the Blasters coaching staff is their defensive woes, especially from set-pieces. Kerala Blasters have shipped most goals for a team this season (22) and eight of these have been conceded from set-pieces. In addition to this, the Blasters have also given away five penalties.

Jamshedpur, meanwhile, will take confidence from their goalless draw with Hyderabad FC in their last game. The draw brought an end to their losing run of three matches, which had begun after their defeat to the Blasters.

12 Likes

Sharing his thoughts ahead of the match, assistant coach Ishfaq Ahmed said, “Any team, when they miss their important players, they have problems. But the good thing for us is that we are responding well. Rahul KP has been asked to play as a striker and he has scored goals. We know that we won’t have some players and unfortunately Kibu is not available for this match but we have some players coming back from injuries. We have good depth in the squad and a positive attitude to go for three points.”

8 Likes