🇮🇳 ISL 2020-21 Matchweek 19- Previews, Reviews, Match Results, Discussions- Mumbai City, Northeast United, ATK Mohun Bagan and more

Roy Krishna wins the Hero of the Match award for scoring the match-winner. :clap: :clap:

EuM2VLnUUAAcEcI

David Williams wins the DHL Winning Pass of the Match for assisting Krishna’s winner.

9 Likes

Jamshedpur FC Head Coach Owen Coyle After the Match

"Football can be a cruel game as we know. Valskis save, one of the best I have seen in my career. The ball was behind the boy, how he managed to save it I don’t know. I am disappointed to have lost it, of course it was a good finish from the good player. The organisation was good, lots of positives to take but disappointed.

"About tonight, we try to replicate our performance with more cutting edge in the final third. We continue to improve and that’s what we’ve got to do as we keep fighting for the playoffs.

“We need to concentrate, especially in the last 15 minutes when everyone is tired. That’s what we need to improve because that is where we have suffered.”

9 Likes

ATK Mohun Bagan Head Coach Antonio Lopez After the Game

"May be the first half, the team didn’t play well. It was difficult to play with the ball in the air. May be in the second half with the opponent tired, we could play better and create better chances.

"The idea is not to concede during the match. Then if we score, we can win the game. I am very happy with the performance of the team. Our target now is to get the first position.

“Both, both (Arindam save or Krishna goal). If you ask me to choose, it’s like choosing between my children. That can’t happen.”

16 Likes

An assist worth the 3 points :exploding_head:

Watch David Williams’ DHL Winning Pass of the Match from the game :film_projector:

17 Likes

Clinched the crucial 3 points for ATK Mohun Bagan Football Club with a late winner :raised_hands:

Watch Roy Krishna’s Hero of the Match performance from match here :film_projector:

18 Likes

Mumbai City FC vs Bengaluru FC Preview:

Mumbai City FC and Bengaluru FC will resume their 2020-21 Indian Super League (ISL) campaign on Monday when they take on each other at the GMC Stadium in Bambolim, Goa. Both teams will be eager to get a win.

Mumbai City FC have 34 points from 16 matches and would settle for nothing less than a victory. They need to get all three points to maintain their gap with ATK Mohun Bagan at the summit.

Bengaluru FC has just 19 points from 17 matches and would want a win to bolster their chances of making it to the playoffs.

In the previous meeting between the two sides, the Blues were defeated 1-3. They will be yearning for revenge over Sergio Lobera’s side.

14 Likes

Mumbai City FC vs Bengaluru FC head-to-head

Mumbai City FC and Bengaluru FC have locked horns with each other seven times in the past, with the Islanders emerging victorious four times.

The Blues have two wins to their name while one fixture between the two sides has ended in a draw.

Mumbai City FC win: 4

Bengaluru FC win: 2

Draw: 1

14 Likes

Sunil Chhetri to Play 200th Match for Bengaluru FC

Chhetri joined the Bengaluru outfit back in 2013 when Bengaluru FC became the newest outfit to join the I-League as the direct entry to the league. Barring the 2015-16 ISL and I-League season when he was with Mumbai City FC and was loaned back to Bengaluru, Chhetri has been with Bengaluru throughout. In all this time, he has scored 88 goals for The Blues.

EuQKj_EUUAwAdDS

With the ISL title in 2018-19 season, I-League titles in 2013–14 and 2015–16, Federation Cup in 2014–15 and 2016–17 and a Super Cup win in 2018, the Indian forward has had a pretty successful outing with Bengaluru.

EuQtTO5VEAEGSzD

The 36-year-old started his career with Mohun Bagan back in 2002 and has played for ten clubs in total, which includes his foreign stints with Kansas City Wizards in the MLS and Sporting CP B team in the Liga Portugal 2.

15 Likes

Marco Pezzaiuoli to take charge as Bengaluru FC head coach after ISL 2020/21

Bengaluru FC have appointed experienced Italian Marco Pezzaiuoli as its new head coach on a three-year performance-based contract (till end of 2023-24 season). Bengaluru FC had parted ways with Carles Cuadrat in the middle of the ongoing ISL after a string of poor performances and Naushad Moosa has taken charge in interim capacity.

Pezzaiuoli’s first assignment will be in the AFC Cup Preliminary Stage two on April 14.

The 52-year-old’s most recent stint was with Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt, where he served as the Technical Director.

Marco Pezzaiuoli has worked as an assistant to Ralf Rangnick at TSG Hoffenheim in the past, coaching players like Roberto Firmino, Gylfi Sigurdsson, and David Alaba.

16 Likes

LINE-UPS |

Here are the starting XI’s named by Sergio Lobera and Naushad Moosa for the contest in Bambolim :memo:

7 Likes

After :eight: clean sheets in their first :one::two: matches, Mumbai City FC have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last :four: games :goal_net:

They’re behind again in less than a minute into this game
:grimacing:

10 Likes

A special :tshirt: for a special milestone!

Sergio Lobera hands Adam Le Fondre a jersey for scoring 250 goals in his career!

9 Likes

:two: :up: in :two::two: minutes!

Cleiton Silva at the double for Bengaluru FC :soccer::soccer:

7 Likes

Right foot and header done! Cleiton needs a left foot to score the first perfect hat trick! What a moment that would be :star_struck:

7 Likes

Cleiton Silva needed just :two::five: seconds to open the scoring for Bengaluru FC today!

What A Start! :fire:

Screenshot_20210215-154858

7 Likes

HALF-TIME |

Bengalaru FC head into the break with a two-goal lead.

8 Likes

Half Time: Mumbai City 0-2 Bengaluru FC

Bengaluru FC head into the break with a two-goal lead.

7 Likes

Adam Le Fondre scores his 10th of the season and Mumbai City FC are back into this! :yum:

50’ MCFC 1-2 BFC

8 Likes

The blues have scored :one::one: goals in the 2nd half :soccer:

The Islanders have conceded :five: goals in the 2nd half, least by a team this season :no_entry_sign:

Will Bengaluru FC add to their exploits or will Mumbai City FC forge a stellar comeback? :thinking:

14 Likes

Sunil Chetril scores on his Landmark Match to extend Bengalaru’s lead :fire:

What a way to Celebrate his 200th Appearance for the club :raised_hands:

12 Likes