AFC Champions League 2021: FC Goa Match Previews, Stats, Results, Live Updates

Dheeraj Singh has a message for young players.

9 Likes

:rotating_light: MATCHDAY 4: FC Goa vs Persepolis 10:30pm IST

The second leg of the AFC CL Group E action gets underway today.

Tonight FC Goa will face Persepolis FC on Match day 4 of the AFC Champions League.

Will the Gaurs make history by doing better than the last time out against the Iranian side, or will Persepolis maintain their 100% record? :thinking:

15 Likes

FC Goa vs Persepolis FC: Recent results

Persepolis FC ended FC Goa’s 17-game unbeaten streak with a 2-1 victory over the Gaurs on Matchday 3 of the AFC Champions League (ACL). The Iranian side are on a 13-game unbeaten streak since their league defeat to Aluminium Arak back in January.

Persepolis FC Form Guide: D-W-W-W-W (Latest on the right)

FC Goa Form Guide: D-D-D-D-L (Latest on the right)

7 Likes

FC Goa vs Persepolis: predicted line-Ups

Persepolis (4-4-2): Hamed Lak (GK), Siamak Nemati, Vahid Amiri, Hossein Kannani, Seyed Jalal Hosseini, Ehsan Pahlevan, Kamal Kamyabina, Mahdi Torabi, Ahmad Noorollahi, Shariar Moghanlou, Omid Alishah.

FC Goa (4-2-3-1): Dheeraj Singh (GK), Sanson Pereira, Saviour Gama, James Donachie, Seriton Fernandes, Romario Jesuraj, Glan Martins, Brandon Fernandes, Redeem Tlang Jorge Ortiz, Devendra Murgaonkar.

My Prediction: FC Goa 1-2 Persepolis

14 Likes

:rotating_light: Igor Angulo (Via Sportofakty) :studio_microphone:

My contract with Goa ends in May and at the moment I have decided not to extend it. I will see what offers I will have and I will calmly decide what is best for me and my family.

Igor Angulo

9 Likes

WHAT THE COACHES’ SAID AHEAD OF THE GAME

Juan Ferrando:
“It can be tricky for all the teams to play six games in 20 days but it has not been that big of a problem for us. We need proper preparation after each matchday so that we can participate with the best possible condition."

Yahya Golmohammadi:
“Before our game against Goa, everyone thought they were a weak side. But they’re not. They have shown good quality and are playing very well, coherently, with high intensity and with heart."

6 Likes

SUSPENSION

• FC Goa’s Edu Bedia will be suspended for the game after picking up his second yellow card of the competition in the first leg of the game against Persepolis. Also, Edu Bedia is injured and Ferrando said that even though it’s not serious, it will be looked after.

• However, Alexander Romario Jesuraj will be back after serving his suspension.

• With Bedia suspended, Princeton Rebello is likely to find a place in the starting XI.

16 Likes

It is a crucial game for the Guars, and there will be a lot of pressure on them, with expectations of a result in favor of the Indian side, who need to win today in order to keep their qualification hopes alive.

After the last match, Juan thought that his side looked nervous against one of the best sides in the competition, and rightly so.

The Guars need to show more courage when they have the ball and try to string a few passes together when being pressed and not give away possession cheaply.

7 Likes

FC Goa goalkeeper Dheeraj Singh has made more saves than any other keeper in the 2021 Asian champions league (15). No keeper has kept more clean sheets than Dheeraj Singh in 2021 (2). Wall.

15 Likes

Team news is in!

Coach Juan Ferrando has gone with 9 Indians in the line-up against Persepolis. :muscle:t2::india:

7 Likes

FC Goa 0-2 Persepolis : HT

Naveen Kumar’s mistakes helped Persepolis take a 2 goal lead against FC Goa.

10 Likes

Persepolis are in total control! :eyes:

Iss Ale Kasir makes it 3-0

After a release by MoghanlouIss, who scored the opener of this match, Ale Kasir takes a stroll inside the Goa box and there is not much Naveen could do about that. Persepolis now lead 3-0

15 Likes

FC Goa 0-4 Persepolis

:soccer: Kamal Kamyabinia 58’

Persepolis are having a goal fest!

12 Likes

Persepolis smash 4 past FC Goa to more or else seal their spot in the next round.

10 Likes

Naveen Kumar in the first half against Persepolis FC:

:x: 0 saves
:x: 0 punches
:x: 0 high claims
:x: 0 ground duels won
:x: 0 aerial duels won
:warning: 1 error led to goal
:warning: 1 penalty conceded

12 Likes

:iran: Persepolis FC are the first side to win by a 4-goal Margin in ACL 2021 so far.

10 Likes

The win sees Persepolis, with 12 points from four games, extending their 100 percent win record while Goa suffered their second consecutive defeat after the 2-1 loss to Yahya Golmohammadi’s side on Tuesday.

ACL-GroupE-Standings

12 Likes

4 - FC Goa have lost a game by a 4 goals margin for the first time since May 2016. ( 5-1 vs Delhi Dynamos ). :orange_circle::no_entry:

8 Likes

Al-Rayyan vs FC Goa

Indian Super League side FC Goa will lock horns with Qatar Stars League (QSL) side Al-Rayyan on Matchday Five of the AFC Asian Champions League (ACL) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Fatorda on Monday.

Al-Rayyan come into the game after suffering defeats to Al-Wahda in back-to-back matches. The UAE side got the better of Al-Rayyan with 1-0 and 3-2 scorelines. Laurent Blanc’s side is languishing at the bottom of Group E in the ACL.

11 Likes

Al-Rayyan vs FC Goa: Recent results

Al-Rayyan are on a seven-game winless run. The Qatari side is yet to win a single game after its domestic league win over Al Arabi in the second week of March. Rayyan are struggling to score goals and create enough chances on goal.

Meanwhile, FC Goa’s 17-game unbeaten run was ended by Persepolis FC in a 2-1 win before the former went down 4-0 to the Iranian side yet again.

Al-Rayyan and FC Goa earlier played out a goalless draw on Matchday One of the ACL.

Al-Rayyan FC Form Guide: D-D-L-L-L (Latest on the right)

FC Goa Form Guide: D-D-L-L-L-L (Latest on the right)

11 Likes