2021 Copa America Final- Argentina vs Brazil! Can we witness Messi's first major title with 🇦🇷?

Copa America Final Tomorrow! Can we witness Messi’s first major title with :argentina:

23 Likes

Can he make the history??

22 Likes

Argentina’s 11 goals at the Copa America:

Scored by Messi :soccer:
Assisted by Messi :handshake:
:x:
:x:

Is there any stopping him in the final? :trophy:

22 Likes

Lionel Messi has finished as runner-up in all four major tournament finals he has reached with Argentina:

:2nd_place_medal: 2007 Copa America
:2nd_place_medal: 2014 World Cup
:2nd_place_medal: 2015 Copa America
:2nd_place_medal: 2016 Copa America

Is today the day he finally wins a trophy with La Albiceleste?

19 Likes

Messi wants this really bad…If the last season have been anything to go by; Leo brings on his show in finals.
We saw a totally different Messi :goat: in the Copa Del Rey finals. This Copa America is one trophy he will give anything for tonight. I wish him luck! :heart:

22 Likes

This is likely to be the best chance Messi will ever have of winning a title with his country. He is in great form and I think Argentina will win.

Beating Neymar’s Brazil would silence every doubt and put every naysayer back in their box.

22 Likes

Clash of the Titans

15 Likes

Messi ‘best in history’ with or without Argentina trophy, says Scaloni

Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni has told reporters ahead of a heavyweight encounter on Saturday that could bring Messi’s barren run to a close after several near misses: "Win or don’t win, he will continue being the best footballer in history, he doesn’t need to win a title to demonstrate it.

"Obviously, we want to win because we haven’t made all this effort not to break the bubble.

“In the background, whether Leo wins or doesn’t, he has already demonstrated that he is the best in history, and even the opponents recognise it.”

14 Likes

Neymar hits out at Brazil supporters for backing Messi in final

:brazil: Even Brazilians want Messi to win the Copa America title! What an irony! :sweat_smile:

Neymar has hit out at Brazilians who are backing Argentina to win Saturday’s Copa America final at the Maracana because they support Lionel Messi. :grimacing:

Brazilian SporTV journalist Fabiola Andrade is among those fans that have publicly come out to support Argentina in the final.

Andrade explained her controversial decision: "Before stoning me in a public square, let me explain: I love Brazil, Brazilian football…I have several Argentine friends. But I’m not going to root for Argentina in the Copa America final because of them, no. I cheer because I love #football and @leomessi This guy needs to win a title with his country’s shirt! For justice!"

Love for Messi indeed surpasses geographical boundaries! :heart_eyes:

Hope to see Messi break the jinx and lift the Copa America trophy! :trophy: :star_struck:

12 Likes

Some Key Stats ahead of the Final

• Messi has been arguably the best player in Copa America 2021 so far, securing four man of the match awards in six of Argentina’s matches.

• Argentina are currently experiencing a 28-year trophy drought, with their last major title being the 1993 Copa America in Ecuador.

• La Albiceleste also slightly lag behind Brazil in terms of head-to-head record, securing 39 victories compared to the Selecao‘s 44 in a total of 105 matches.

• With five goals, Messi could become the second-highest all-time goalscorer in this Latin American Superclassico if he can score in the final this weekend, moving just two short of Pele’s record eight goals.

• These two sides last met in a friendly back in November 2019, with Messi scoring in a narrow 1-0 win for Argentina.

10 Likes

There will be greatness on show in the Copa America final :brazil::argentina:

9 Likes

Europe might be waiting for England-Italy in the Euro 2020 final but there is an even bigger match to look forward to in South America as Argentina face Brazil in Saturday’s Copa America final

9 Likes

Argentina Starting Lineup

11 Likes

Brazil Starting Lineup

9 Likes

If you can only back one of them to score tonight, who is it going to be? :eyes:

11 Likes

With one more goal, Messi would tie Pelé for the most goals in international play among men’s Conmebol players.

10 Likes

With tonight’s Final, Messi equals Chile’s Sergio Livingstone for most matches played in the Copa America tournament all-time :raised_hands:

Is this the game he earns his trophy?

17 Likes

11 - Lionel Messi has played 11 games against Brazil (W4 D1 L6), one of the defeats in the Copa América 2007 final. Messi has scored five goals against Brazil, his second highest tally against National Teams (alongside with Bolivia and Chile, behind Ecuador’s six).

18 Likes

8 - The Copa América final will feature the team that has scored the most goals in the first half (Argentina, 8) against the team that has scored the most goals in the second half (Brazil, 8).

11 Likes

Ángel Di María is the first Argentina player to score in a Copa América final since César Delgado in 2004.

An incredible lob. :arrow_heading_up::arrow_heading_down:

10 Likes