🤔 Who should be Manchester United next Captain?

Harry Maguire has been stripped of the captaincy by Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag, though the United manager appears to have not yet decided who will be his new skipper.

Harry Maguire fell down the pecking order under Ten Hag last season, with Raphael Varane, Lisandro Martinez, Victor Lindelof and Luke Shaw all ahead of him in the Dutchman’s central defensive ranks. Now he has had a further drop in status after being stripped of the captaincy.

Who in your opinion is most qualified to be the next Manchester United captain?

15 Likes

Bruno Fernandes is the clear favorite for me.

The Portuguese international regularly stepped up to lead the team last season, when Maguire was restricted to just 13 starts across all competitions under Ten Hag as United ended their six-year trophy drought with Carabao Cup success and also secured a return to the Champions League courtesy of a third-place Premier League finish.

I expect him to takeover as the team captain.

10 Likes

Bruno Fernandes is the clear favorite to succeed Maguire as the captain of Manchester United. He has been the vice-captain and has worn the armband in Maguire’s absence. Fernandes has also been regularly chosen as the team captain for matches. Erik ten Hag has also expressed that Fernandes is the perfect leader for the team.

13 Likes

Bruno Fernandes is a good choice for Manchester United’s next captain.

• He is a natural leader. He is vocal on the pitch, and he always leads by example.
  • He is respected by his teammates. They look up to him, and they believe in him.
  • He is a talented player. He is one of the best players in the Premier League, and he can inspire his team to victory.
  • He is a winner. He has won trophies at Sporting CP and Portugal, and he wants to win trophies at United.
  • He has all of the qualities that a good captain needs, and he would be a positive influence on the team.

Premier League Record

Club Manchester United
Position Midfielder

Appearances 124

Goals 44

Assists 33

Honours & Awards

Goal of the Month 2

2019/20
2020/21

Player of the Month 4

February 2020
June 2020
November 2020
December 2020

14 Likes

When I saw this I smile, who else but Bruno Fernandez :heart::100:

7 Likes

Who should be the next Manchester United captain? :thinking:

9 Likes

BRUNO FERNANDEZ is the favourite :heart::100:,

13 Likes

Bruno Fernandes has officially replaced Harry Maguire as Man United’s captain 🅲…

10 Likes

Bruno Fernandes sets the bar at Manchester United :triumph:

12 Likes

Bruno Fernandes for Man United in the Premier League since his debut:

:white_check_mark: Most games
:white_check_mark: Most goals
:white_check_mark: Most assists
:white_check_mark: Most chances created

11 Likes

Raphael Varane believes in Erik ten Hag’s decision-making after appointing Bruno Fernandes as captain :speaking_head:

12 Likes