Who is the pre tournament favourites for the cricket world cup 2019?

Virat kohli admitted that if some team can reach a team total of 500 it’s gonna be England. With the home advantage and great batting line up they are the favourites for the world cup. India has an exceptional top 3 and an enviable bowling attack plus the experience of Dhoni and the coffee man hardik pandya who can literally decimate any bowler on his day. Australia are looking a stronger unit with the return of Warner and Smith. New Zealand is always dangerous in limited over cricket and with guptill and Taylor combined with williamson and an experienced bowling line up even they are looking impressive. Pakistan can never be undermined whereas West Indies has a group of highly talented players playing together, it they manage to find cohesion between them, even they would succeed. Who is your favorite for the upcoming world cup?

7 Likes

According to me India and England will be equal chance to win the CWC 2019 because both team has equally balanced but England has only one benefits that is home condition.

2 Likes

I’ve said this Time and again and I’ll repeat it. No question on England starting as favourites but they haven’t tasted glory in 50-over ICC tournaments and that’ll probably get the trophy away from them. India on the other hand look a very balanced side to me and for me they should clinch the tournament. Australia and their love affair with world cups is a known fact and with the return of their big boys they can win the tournament too. So for me it’ll either be India or Australia who will lift the Cup. I hope India does and they #DoItForDhoni.

4 Likes

I would say Australia & England equal favorites. I see WI as dark horse. Pak can also spring a few surprises.

1 Like