This is what AB de Villiers has to say about Kohli!

ABD, during a conversation with commentator Pommie Mbangwa on an Instagram Live session, compared the playing styles of Virat Kohli and Smith to the technique of tennis legends, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

Virat is more of a natural ball striker. If you look at natural ball strikers, Virat is like Federer. Smith is more like Nadal, he’s mentally very strong. He’s figured out a way to score runs, he doesn’t look too natural but he manages to break records. Virat though has scored runs all over the world and he’s my pick," said de Villiers.

During the conversation, Mbangwa also read out a fan question, which asked ABD to pick his favourite cricketer between Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli. This is what he said:

Sachin has been a role model for both of us, the way he stood out in his era and the things he achieved with grace is a great example. Virat will also say that he’s (Tendulkar) the main guy and he set the standards. When it comes to me personally, Virat is the best (in run-chases) I’ve seen in my life. Sachin was amazing in all situations, but in terms of chasing under pressure, Virat tops him

14 Likes

No big surprise. ABD and Kohli are good buddies (& RCB!). So, these are expected answers from him.

7 Likes

haha . both are good

3 Likes

Full VIDEO - Virat Kohli Chat With AB de Villiers

5 Likes

AB Devilliers Chat With Mpumelelo Mbangwa

6 Likes