W68 | D33 | L38
W20 | D10 | L3
Should Chelsea cash in on Kai Havertz?
Kai Havertz has largely failed to live up to expectations since he signed up for Chelsea in 2020.
Kai Havertz departs Chelsea with 19 League goals in 91 appearances, which is too low compared to the expectations at Chelsea.
Kai Havertz for Chelsea in the 2022-23 season
Whether Chelsea should cash in on Kai Havertz depends on their priorities and the offers they receive for him.
Reasons to cash in on Kai Havertz:
- Havertz has not lived up to his £72 million price tag since joining Chelsea in 2020, with only 7 goals in 35 Premier League appearances in 2022-23.
- Chelsea could use the money from selling Havertz to fund other transfers and comply with FFP rules. It may be worth considering selling him.
- Havertz’s asking price of around £70 million is seen as unrealistic by clubs interested in signing him, and it is unlikely that any club will pay more than £50 million for him.
Reasons to keep Kai Havertz:
- Havertz is a versatile midfielder who can play behind the striker and as a false-nine, making him a valuable asset to the team.
- While Havertz has not yet lived up to his price tag, he is still a valuable player who could improve in the future.
- Havertz is a German international and Champions League winner, having scored the winner in the 2021 final.
If Chelsea can get a good price for him and use the money to fund other transfers, it may be worth considering selling him. However, if they believe he can improve and become a key player for the team, they may choose to keep him.