Premier League News, Updates, Discussions - 2020/21 Season Open Thread

Harry Kane is under fire for undercutting/tunneling Gabriel, even more with his apology. It is hotly debated that this move of him is intentional and may prove potentially fatal for his targets.

Someone has made a compilation him doing the thing repeatedly.

Streamable Video

21 Likes

Does seem similar and intentional!! :angry:

A potential fatal action - I think he needs to be warned well in time!

15 Likes

Bruno Fernandes in the Premier League this season [league rank]:

79 progressive passes [:1st_place_medal:]
35 chances created [:1st_place_medal:]
30 passes into the box [:1st_place_medal:]
28 open play chances created [:1st_place_medal:]
8 big chances created [:2nd_place_medal:]
5 through balls [:1st_place_medal:]

One of the best playmakers in the world. :sunglasses:

16 Likes

Manuel Neuer…

“There are a lot of world-class goalkeepers right now. For example, Edouard Mendy, who moved from Rennes to Chelsea.”

It’s amazing how Mendy went from being unemployed to one of the worlds BEST goalkeepers… :senegal::blue_heart:

19 Likes

:tada: Raheem Sterling turns 26 today!

Since joining Manchester City:

:trophy: 2x Premier League
:trophy: 4x League Cup
:trophy: FA Cup
:trophy: Community Shield
:handshake: Played: 171
:soccer: Scored: 70

Where does he rank amongst the best wingers in the world? :thinking:

IMG_20201208_180653

20 Likes

Premier League and EFL clubs will lose £110 million in sponsorship if betting companies are banned from advertising on shirts in a government review of gambling launched today.

• Shirt sponsorship by betting companies is worth £70m per year in the Premier League and commercial deals in the EFL are valued at a further £40m annually

• Eight out 20 top-flight clubs have a betting firm on the front of their shirt

• Only three teams in the top tier are believed to have no tie-in with gambling

• Two-thirds of Championship clubs have a betting company as a shirt sponsor

21 Likes

Leicester City have opened talks with defender Jonny Evans over a new two-year contract.

16 Likes

Tottenham have faced Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal in the Premier League so far this season and have conceded just one goal and that goal was from the penalty spot.

The Special One is at it again and we’re here for it. :ok_hand:

9 Likes

OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho has been named Premier League Manager of the Month for November.

OFFICIAL: Bruno Fernandes has been named Premier League Player of the Month for November.

14 Likes

Christian Pullisic No 10 jersey RANKED the 2nd highest International player jersey Bought worldwide this year just behind Lionel Messi…

• Messi (857,496 shirts sold)
    -Pulisic (682,115)
    -Ronaldo (552,200)
    -Mbappe (352,108)
    -Rashford (205,381)

The USA Effect :fire:

15 Likes

Former Chelsea captain John Terry:

"My whole family are West Ham fans. I once scored a goal against them and when I went to celebrate in front of their fans, I saw my uncle and my father screaming and insulting me.”

:joy::joy::joy:

p1718

16 Likes

William Saliba has no future under Mikel Arteta and has been made available for transfer by Arsenal, reports Eurosport :flushed:

9 Likes

38-year-old retired goalkeeper Petr Cech starts in goal for Chelsea U23s in the PL2 against Spurs. :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

None of Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd have won in the Premier League this weekend, the first time they’ve all played and failed to win in a weekend since 6-7 February 2016.

Unusual :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Interesting! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

Except Man Utd and Man City, probably rest of the 3 teams experienced complacent behavior where they were playing teams ranked lower than them.

For Man Utd and Man City - it was battle amongst equals where the team gave their best to up hold the pride of their clubs and kept the fierce Manchester Derby rivalry alive! :fire: :muscle: :muscle:

Just a psychological perspective to outcomes… :wink:

15 Likes

Bottom of the table Sheffield United have created more clear-cut goalscoring chances (15) than Arsenal (13) in the Premier League this season.

Shocking! :flushed:

12 Likes

Tottenham are still working to extend Heung-min Son’s contract with his new agents.

Keeping the Korean star is a priority. Advanced negotiations. Positive feelings around the club to complete the agreement soon. :white_circle::kr:

-Fabrizio Romano

8 Likes

OFFICIAL: Son Heung-min has been named the Korean Player of the Year for 2020.

10 Likes

Sam Allardyce has verbally agreed to become the next West Brom manager, Sky Sports News has been told, and his appointment is expected to be confirmed today.

5 Likes

BREAKING: Sam Allardyce has been appointed Head Coach at West Brom on an 18-month deal

10 Likes