🥊 Muhammad Ali --The Boxing Legend

:boxing_glove: Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr (Jan17, 1942- Jun 03, 2016) also named Muhammad Ali was one of the most significant and celebrated sports figures of the 20th century and as one of the greatest boxers of all time. He is the only boxer to feature in “The Ring Magazine Fighter Of The Year’ (6 times).

Nicknamed ‘The Greatest’, Muhammad Ali was one of the legends in the sport of professional boxing. One of the most recognized sports figures of the past 100 years, he created ripples in the arena of professional boxing at the tender age of 22, by knocking out the then heavyweight champion Sonny Liston.

:1st_place_medal: Ali recorded 56 wins of which 37 came in knockout and 5 losses. The most historic matches were against Liston, Joe Frazier and George Foreman. He won a gold medal (in the light-heavyweight division) at the 1960 Rome Summer Olympic Games. He also became the first and only three-time lineal World Heavyweight Champion.

:medal_military: He was honored with a number of titles including, ‘The Greatest’, ‘Fighter of the Year’, ‘Sportsman of the Year’, Sportsman of the Century and ‘Sports Personality of the Century’.

:medal_sports: He was the proud recipient of the Presidential Citizens Medal and Presidential Medal of Freedom, which he received in 2005 by then President George W. Bush. He was inducted in the International Boxing Hall of Fame. He is even honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard.

Muhammad Ali was a master of knock-out quotes. Perhaps his most famous quote was made when he was 22-year old, about to take on the world :
:boxing_glove: “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hands can’t hit what the eyes can’t see.” :boxing_glove:

Truly inspirational

I am the greatest ,i said that even before I knew I was. - mohammed ali.

“I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.” – Muhammad Ali

Just think! He was refused to eat in Chicago restaurants and years later he was paid with millions of dollars to eat with the leaders of the world!

Among others Rocky Marciano was the greatest HW ever, then Tyson, then Lewis, then Holmes, then Johnson.

There is a counter view also ho Ali being Greatest. It’s said people put his accomplishments out of the ring in it when judging him.

Marciano was better fro some a she kept hitting hard and never tired. Some say what Ali did to Forman was incredible but no way he would’ve done that twice or in the USA. It’s also said if only Eddie Futch allowed Frazier to continue, boxing history would be very different.

One of my favourite quote of M Ali is - “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.”

I saw a few of his fights recently. What amazes me about him is how fast he was. i mean wow,amazing footwork with the kind of combinations of hooks and jabs he displayed were just amazing. For a example just go through this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q25FmysqXR0 i mean wow.

Ps. This video also contains the video of Ali’s first knockout.