MS Dhoni Announces Retirement From International Cricket

MS Dhoni has announced his official retirement from international cricket. He played 538 matches for India and took to instagram to share a video showing pictures from different part of his career. 2021 T20 World Cup would have been a best time to hang his gloves according to my opinion. Your thoughts?

14 Likes

Not just the 2011 World Cup, where Dhoni finished things off with an iconic six over long-on against Sri Lanka at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, he also captained India to victory in the inaugural edition of the World T20 in 2007 in South Africa.

India won three ICC Champions Trophy titles with him at the helm in 2010, 2013 and 2014. Dhoni was also captain of India when they were the top ranked Test side between December 2009 and June 2011. He was also the captain when India won the Asia Cup in 2010 and 2016.

He is the only Indian captain to have won all ICC tournaments.

Domestically, in the IPL, Dhoni has led Chennai Super Kings to three titles and will be looking add a fourth before the end of the year.

7 Likes

He taught us,
How to handle pressure situations.

He taught us,
How to remain Calm and Cool.

He taught us,
How to being humble with everyone.

He taught us,
How to take Win and lose.

No retirement from our hearts
You Will Be Missed On Field MSD

13 Likes

Suresh Raina joins MS Dhoni in retirement

Happy Retirement! To India’s greatest cricketers!

11 Likes

Since I started watching cricket, Dhoni has been my favourite. A captain who lead from the front. No doubt he is the best captain of all time. I knew he would retire without any farewell match. I will miss you Dhoni.

11 Likes

Farewell to India’s greatest Champions! True gentleman symbolizing the sport.

Dhoni, Captain Cool, will be remembered for generations to come for his immense contribution to Indian cricket as well as for his calm and cool demeanor both on and off the field.

Main pal do pal ka shayar hoon. Pal do pal meri kahani hai…

This song selection by Dhoni to say goodbye, speaks volumes of his humility! Respect…Legend! :raised_hands:

Raina, is another cricketer who holds a place among my top 5 favorite cricketers. A great cricketer and a gentleman admired by fans.

Wishing both these legends a happy retirement! Hope to see them continue inspiring us through their future new endeavors.:raised_hands:

11 Likes

Oh Captain, Mahi Captain :sob: Thank you for your beautiful contribution to Indian cricket. You’ve set the benchmark really high as captain and a playmaker.

10 Likes

India’s most successful captain, MS Dhoni! :raised_hands:

A heartfelt tribute ft. Harsha Bhogle, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Mohammad Kaif and Robbie Uthappa

9 Likes

10 Likes

Tribute by Akash Chopra

8 Likes

Good Bye MSD

International Careers stats
Matches- 538
Runs- 17266
Centuries-16
Half-centuries -108
Dismissals- 829

Trophies

ICC T20 World Cup, ICC World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy

Personal achievements

Padma Shri, Padma Bhusan, Rajiv Gandhi Khel-Ratna Award

11 Likes

Lovely tribute by renowned sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik to MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina

Amazing sand art on Puri beach, Odisha

8 Likes