🇮🇳 ISL 2020-21 Semi-Finals & Final - Previews, Results & Discussions - Mumbai City, FC Goa, NorthEast and ATK Mohun Bagan Playoffs

Last meeting

The last encounter between the two sides ended in a dramatic 3-3 draw. Mumbai City FC went into half-time with a 2-1 lead, courtesy of goals from Hugo Boumous and Adam Le Fondre. Glan Martins pulled one goal back on the stroke of half-time.

The second half started with Igor Angulo restoring parity for FC Goa. Rowllin Borges scored a goal in the final minute of regulation time in what seemed to be the likely winner for Mumbai City FC. However, Ishan Pandita spoiled those plans as his strike six minutes later sealed the draw.

13 Likes

Top goalscorers of the season

FC Goa: Igor Angulo - 13

Mumbai City FC: Adam Le Fondre - 11

17 Likes

Clean sheets this season

FC Goa: Dheeraj Singh - 1, Mohammad Nawaz - 1, Naveen Kumar - 1

Mumbai City FC: Amrinder Singh - 9

11 Likes

Most Saves: Mohammad Nawaz - 19 (FCG), Amrinder Singh - 51 (MCFC)

Most Passes: Edu Bedia - 1345 (FCG), Ahmed Jahouh - 1282 (MCFC)

Most Interceptions: Saviour Gama - 35 (FCG), Rowllin Borges - 53 (MCFC)

Most Tackles: Saviour Gama - 93 (FCG), Ahmed Jahouh - 145 (MCFC)

Most Touches: Edu Bedia - 1582 (FCG), Ahmed Jahouh - 1570 (MCFC)

Most Assists: Alberto Noguera - 8 (FCG), Hugo Boumous - 7 (MCFC)

Most Shots: Jorge Ortiz Mendoza - 65 (FCG), Adam Le Fondre - 41 (MCFC)

17 Likes

“We started the season a little uneven in results, but we’ve entered the playoffs now. The biggest challenge was maintaining the commitment to demand the maximum of ourselves every day, despite the short pre-season, living in special circumstances (bio-bubble) and being under the pressure of results with a young team,” said Ferrando on match eve.

The Spanish trio of Igor Angulo (13 goals), Alberto Noguera (one goal, eight assists) and Jorge Ortiz (six goals, one assist) have been central to Goa’s progress so far.

“Igor, with his experience and work rate, has allowed us to play attacking football. Ortiz is an example of hard work and perseverance both in games and training. Noguera is undoubtedly the best midfielder in the league. I could spend hours talking about them,” Ferrando added.

Speaking about the Gaurs’ chances in the playoffs, the 40-year-old gaffer said: “I don’t think about how difficult a rival is, but about how to prepare the team to overcome a game. The next match will be a challenge because of injuries and cards, but I see it as another opportunity to continue improving.”

11 Likes

“I’m very happy because CFG gave us everything, and now is the time to analyse the things we’ve achieved. I think my players deserved to win the shield, and hopefully, we can achieve another trophy. It means a lot to be playing in the AFC Champions League,” the Spanish boss claimed.

The likes of Adam le Fondre (11 goals, one assist), Bartholomew Ogbeche (eight goals, two assists) and Hugo Boumous (two goals, seven assists) will be key for the Islanders.

“Facing Goa won’t make any difference for me. Now, I am in Mumbai City. We’re professionals, and we play the game the same way. Whichever team we face, we have to win the semifinal. It will be a tough game tomorrow, and we need to be prepared for it,” added Lobera.

15 Likes

:two: elite marksmen, :one: aim!
Score :dart: :goal_net: & power their team to victory!

Who will come up CLUTCH in FCG vs MCFC tonight? :thinking:

EvpWggGXIAM9Y87

12 Likes

This is the sixth time FC Goa have made it to the semi-final in the seven seasons of the Indian Super League.

7 Likes

FC Goa and Mumbai City have the best passing accuracy in this season of the Indian Super League, 81.5% and 81.4% respectively.

10 Likes

Ishan Pandita has the best minutes per goal ratio in the current campaign of the league (13).

17 Likes

Mourtada Fall & Mumbai City are geared up for the final stretch! :muscle: :muscle:

Evs1EWvVcAAIgrN

10 Likes

:gloves: Clutch saves
:muscle: Towering presence
:a:ssists galore
G⚽als aplenty

With Hugo Boumous returning, will Mumbai City FC stroll to victory in the first leg tonight?

17 Likes

Assurance. Solidity. Creativity. Goals. :raised_hands:

Will FC Goa feel the absence of Ivan Gonzalez & Alberto Noguera tonight?

13 Likes

:one::three: - Number of matches FC Goa are currently unbeaten, the longest by a team in the HeroISL :clap:

Will the Gaurs maintain that run against Mumbai City FC?

17 Likes

The last time these two teams met in the semi-finals, FC Goa claimed a 5-2 aggregate win in HeroISL 2018-19!

13 Likes

LINE-UPS

3 changes from both sides as Hugo Boumous returns from suspension for Mumbai City FC :memo:

7 Likes

Most points Per match in the ISL this season

Do you think Khalid Jamal can lead The Highlanders to a maiden ISL title? :thinking::trophy:

10 Likes

FC Goa & Mumbai City FC have the best passing accuracy in this season of the Indian Super League, 81.5% and 81.4% respectively. 7,391 passes were successful for Goa, while 7,371 passes were successful for the Islanders. Equals.

10 Likes

:two::four: goals in this :framed_picture:

How many will be added to that number at the end of tonight’s encounter?

8 Likes

Goals scored by Indian Footballers in Indian Super League this season. :india::muscle:

11 Likes