🇮🇳 ISL 2020-21 Season- Matchday 16- Previews, Reviews, Match Results, Discussions- Mumbai City, NorthEast United FC, ATK Mohun Bagan and more

Goals from set-pieces in Hero ISL 2020-21,

SC East Bengal - 6
Bengaluru FC - 9

Will set-pieces be the deciding factor in tonight’s game? :thinking:

8 Likes

East Bengal have played 7 draws (joint-most), in Hero ISL 2020-21 :1234:

Can Robbie Fowler’s men clinch the
3 points in tonight’s game?

9 Likes

𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 :muscle:

Sunil Chhetri has scored 12 headed goals, the most in Hero ISL history!

Will the Bengaluru skipper add to his tally in tonight’s encounter?

14 Likes

LINE-UPS |

Here’s how East Bengal and Bengaluru FC lineup for the contest at the Tilak Maidan Stadium :memo:

12 Likes

Benglauru FC captain Sunil Chhetri has five goals so far this season, he has the maximum goals for an Indian player.

8 Likes

As I had mentioned that this OFC team is having tremendous problem in their dressing room. Otherwise the team potential is not that bad as it is showing.

If manager is firing up words like that it shows he lost his control over the team and the game as well.

For my opinion british coaches are not likely to be successful in indian territory. There are few but they are rare.

9 Likes

BFC 2-0 SCEB [45:00]

SCEB is like finding new new problems for themselves.

SCEB defense was not that bad for past few games but today they got back from where they had started.

Horrible defensive orientation not only in defense the team is totally out of shape.

For me BFC also was not that great. The goals are gifted. But this 4-4-2 shape is looking good for this team.

Maghoma should be brought in as early as possible for SCEB for doing anything better.

17 Likes

I honestly don’t see a way back for East Bengal in this game but like all other ISL games, I hope they surprise me in the Second Half… Bengaluru got their tactics spot on, allow them have the ball, hit them on the counter and hope one of the chances are converted and it’s going quite well as you can see they have 30% of the ball which means they gave East Bengal more room to have the ball while they defend in numbers which has allowed East Bengal limited shots in the first half while East Bengal break out in mass on the counter to try and hurt East Bengal and it’s been working for them with 8 shots in the first…I’ll like to see how Fowler’s team turn this around even though I don’t see taking anything away from this game…

14 Likes

Bengaluru FC have not kept a clean sheet in their last 11 ISL matches :gloves:

Will that change tonight? :thinking:

13 Likes

SCEB 0-2 BFC

Keeping things simple and Orthodox pays off for BFC.

Simple flat 4-4-2 , the triangle of bhekhe , udanta and suresh completely bottled Bright.

But again this Robby Fowler is making things worse for SCEB. Why sarthak was not in the team?

What SCEB needed in 2nd half?

Project some attacker. Option in bench - Pilkington and Maghoma.

Next question whom to sub?

Simple answer is Holloway. But what had he done!!.

3 illogical sub. Fox to Rana gharami, Harman to Maghoma.
Then it was expected that he will take Holloway for pilkington but No he took stainman for that. Funny really.

I think Fowler is the next manager to be sacked .

He just don’t know what he is doing!! He is lucky that the games are happening in absence of fans. If this things happened in Yuvabharati krirangan (salt lake stadium, kolkata) he could have forgotten his name.
Any one from kolkata can understand that.

18 Likes

Exactly! Those were my thoughts too. I am not from Kolkata but I can imagine the fanatic following of SC East Bengal and Mohun Bagan and the historic rivalry cherished by the club fans.

I was about to answer @Goodness question earlier, but didn’t want to jinx. :grimacing:
SC East Bengal diehard fans wouldn’t ever tolerate the lead established by ATK Mohun Bagan and hence would be very unforgiving to any trailing positions.

Practically speaking, if not now as I hardly see any merit in firing him now, Fowler will definitely see an exit after this season.

20 Likes

Bengaluru FC Interim Head Coach Naushad Moosa After the Game

"Very important three points. The way the team played, each and every player gave their heart out, very proud of them. They weren’t worried about the result today and went out and played.

“If you see the game, the way everyone gave their 100 per cent. Even in the dressing room at half time, everyone was positive and I could see happy faces. The way everyone was motivating each other, that really worked for us.”

16 Likes

SC East Bengal Head Coach Robbie Fowler After the Game

"Very tough game, probably our worst game. They showed a lot more fight. Some players never had their usual games. Bright, we can totally forgive him, there are somethings that are more important.

"It’s incredibly difficult now even if it’s mathematically possible (making it to the playoffs). They had a plan. As much as we huffed and puffed, they stifled us. They stopped us from playing. Sometimes you have to credit the opposition as they made it very difficult for us.

“We do take a game at a time. It’s not up to me to go on the pitch and play so it’s up to the players to go on and put on a performance. We have had two more coming in and every player is fighting for the future of the club.”

14 Likes

Sunil Chhetri wins the Hero of the Match award! :clap:

EtPHfWVVoAEWFJ3

Rahul Beheke is the winner of the DHL Winning Pass of the Match :clap:

17 Likes

Hustle
Energy
Resilience
One-of-a-kind

Watch Sunil Chhetri’s brilliant performance tonight :tv:

17 Likes

– First victory in 47 days for Bengaluru in the ISL
– First win for Naushad Moosa
– Second assist of the season for Chhetri
– Third clean sheet for Gurpreet
– Fifth goal for Cleiton

Strong all-round performance from the Blues, Bheke very fortunate not to be sent off.

15 Likes

Bengaluru FC’s Naushad Moosa answers the questions of the media after their 2-0 victory against SC East Bengal.

17 Likes

SC East Bengal’s Robbie Fowler answers questions of the media after their 2-0 defeat against Bengaluru FC.

17 Likes

First half fireworks and some close calls late on :goal_net::hushed:

Check out the highlights from today’s game :film_projector:

18 Likes

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: :india: ISL 2020-21 Season- Matchday 17- Previews, Reviews, Match Results and discussions-Mumbai City, NorthEast United FC, ATK Mohun Bagan and more