🇮🇳 ISL 2020-21 Season- Matchday 12- Previews, Reviews, Match Results, Discussions- Hyderabad FC, Bengaluru FC, Mumbai City and more

Post-match Presentation - Odisha FC 1-2 Chennaiyin FC - Match 57

10 Likes

Odisha deserved something out of the game’ - Stuart Baxter unhappy with first half, encouraged by second-half fight

Odisha boss Stuart Baxter was unhappy with his team’s first but encouraged by the second 45 minutes in the 1-2 defeat at the hands of Chennaiyin on Wednesday.

After the game, Baxter said, "I am not happy with the manner in which we gave away two goals and the way we started the game. But the game was not lost. I know football. I thought the response in the first half was okay. The response in the second half was very good. We deserved to get something out of the game.

“The goals were from our own mistakes, I don’t think we were in a lot of trouble apart from that. It was an even game for the rest of the half. In the second half, we played good football.”

5 Likes

Baxter chose to rest star striker Diego Mauricio for the game but was forced to turn to him with the team trailing by two goals at the break. He replaced Marcelinho who had started just his fourth game of the season.

“You have to look at stats telling you that Diego is tired and you have to make a tough call to not start him, If you start him and then he gets injured and misses the rest of the season, it’ll be pretty stupid.”

He also added, “It would be vastly unfair to say that (Marcelinho has played the last game under Baxter). I have had a player who has worked very hard, he has not been fit and ready to play. He got a chance tonight, he did the best he could do. Marcelinho will continue to be competitive, I will pick the players who are the best for a game.”

7 Likes

I take tablets for headaches’ - Chennaiyin boss Csaba Laszlo shrugs off pressure after ending winless run

Chennaiyin boss Csaba Laszlo has quickly turned his focus to the game against East Bengal following the 2-1 win against Odisha on Wednesday.

“I have pressure. I have headaches for which I take tablets. But about the rest (of the teams), I don’t think about it, I am thinking about East Bengal,” he said after the game.

Laszlo admitted surprise at seeing Marcelinho’s name in the Odisha lineup but refused to be drawn into a discussion about the player.

"I was a bit surprised to see Marcelinho in the lineup. We dominated the first half and we scored the goals. I also think Marcelinho is a very good player. What’s important is we stored two goals in the first half.

“The second half was heavier and dirtier but we managed it. We had luck in some situations but we deserved this result,” he concluded.

6 Likes

Match Preview: FC Goa vs Jamshedpur FC

-FC Goa are placed 4th in the ISL standings with 15 points from 10 games. The Gaurs began the season with a team capable of getting a top-four finish. However, Juan Ferrando’s side has shown inconsistency in results. FC Goa come into this game on the back of a disappointing 1-1 draw with SC East Bengal.

-Owen Coyle’s Jamshedpur FC have not been consistent either. The Red Miners occupy the 5th spot in the table with 13 points from 10 games. Jamshedpur FC have struggled to win matches, despite taking the lead early in most of them. They lost their most recent fixture to Kerala Blasters by a 2-3 scoreline.

14 Likes

FC Goa vs Jamshedpur FC: Head-to-Head

FC Goa and Jamshedpur FC have played a total of 7 ISL games between them since the 2017-18 season. The Gaurs have won on four occasions while the Red Miners have notched up two wins. Only a single fixture has ended in a draw so far.

The two teams met earlier in the current season where FC Goa scored two late goals to run away to a 2-1 win over Jamshedpur FC.

14 Likes

A game we can win’ - Jamshedpur’s Owen Coyle confident of victory against FC Goa

Three points will be the only objective for Jamshedpur when they take on FC Goa in a crucial Indian Super League (ISL) clash on Thursday. A win against the Gaurs will help them climb back into the top-four.

The Men of Steel suffered a defeat against Kerala Blasters in their last game but coach Owen Coyle suggested that the team must focus on avoiding individual mistakes and target a win against Goa.

"We have done very well. Jamshedpur had taken five points from their first 10 games last season, we have already taken 13 from our opening 10. I know there should have been more but the improvement is there for everyone to see.

“What we have to do is continue the improvement and we didn’t (win) against Kerala Blasters because we made individual mistakes and they have very good players and a very good coach in Kibu Vicuna. But we handed them the game. We have to eradicate the individual mistakes and continue to improve and we have to do that because FC Goa are a very good side,” said the Jamshedpur coach.

“FC Goa have a very good coach and some terrific players and they play a style that they have been playing for many years. All credit to them. But we know their strengths and weaknesses and we have to make sure we do our best. It is a game that we can win.”

12 Likes

Goals from set-pieces in ISL 2020-21

FC Goa - conceded 7
Jamshedpur FC - scored 6

Do Owen Coyle’s side have the advantage ‘heading’ into this tie :thinking:

11 Likes

No special plans for Valskis’ - Juan Ferrando wants FC Goa to play as a team against Jamshedpur

FC Goa will look to return to winning ways when they take on Jamshedpur on Thursday evening.

But to get the three points they have to contain an in-form Nerijus Valskis who is leading the goalscoring charts with eight strikes next to his name. However, FC Goa’s coach Juan Ferrando is not thinking about individuals and is focusing on their opponents as a whole.

"I believe in my squad. No individual plan for anyone. Be it Valskis, Lima or Jackichand. For us, it is important to play as a team and to prepare against the Jamshedpur side. Jamshedpur is a very good team. We have to improve game by game. We try to find our mistakes and in the training, we are working on it. We don’t want to repeat the same mistakes.

“They are strong in set-pieces. But we have a solution. It is important for us to control the timing and space. The last goal from Valskis was perfect. But the aim is to control the second ball,” stated the manager.

11 Likes

Ferrando: We’re looking to sign Foreign Players

juan-ferrando-coach-of-fc-sheriff-during-the-uefa-europa-league-group-picture-id184056174

Goa currently have six foreigners in their roster. They can add one more foreign player to their squad and the 39-year-old manager informed that his coaching staff is actively looking to fill the quota.

"We are checking players but it is important to get players who can help the team and help the young players improve. These two points are very important. If we don’t get players fulfilling these two criteria I am happy with the squad until the end of the season. "

12 Likes

The Gaurs will look to extend their 3-game unbeaten streak on Thursday when they take on Jamshedpur FC at Fatorda. :muscle:

Here are some interesting things to know about the game:

1. The spotlights on Thursday night will be on Igor Angulo and Nerijus Valskis who are currently in first and second place respectively, in the race for the Golden Boot. However, neither forwards are yet to register an assist between them despite combining for 17 goals this season.

2. In his first season as the starting left-back, Saviour Gama is one of only 3 defenders to have amassed 2 assists to his name. The only other two defenders to have 2 assists to their names are Hyderabad’s Ashish Rai and Bengaluru’s Harmanjot Singh Khabra.

3. The Gaurs have conceded only 4 goals from open play this season so far. Only Mumbai and ATK Mohun Bagan have conceded less. Jamshedpur has conceded six from open play thus far.
    Owen Coyle’s Jamshedpur has been the first team this season to get on the scoresheet in 4 out of the last 5 games. Goa, meanwhile, has conceded first in every one of their last 5 games.

Are you excited for tonight’s game and who are you staking on to come out victorious tonight :thinking::thinking:

13 Likes

The Golden Boot race leaders :fist_right::fist_left: it out in Fatorda!

Which striker will be the first to reach double digits in ISL 2020-21?

17 Likes

Arindam has been one of the key for ATK Mohun Bagan! :green_heart::heart:

Can Rehenesh keep a clean sheet tonight? :thinking:

14 Likes

LINE-UPS |

No Angulo and Nawaz in the FC Goa starting XI while Jamshedpur FC make 2 alterations from last time out.

9 Likes

In Hero ISL 2020-21 -

:nine: - FC Goa have earned the most points after trailing :raised_hands:

:seven: - Jamshedpur FC have dropped the most points after leading :chart_with_downwards_trend:

Out of 7 points which Jamshedpur FC have dropped:

3 points :vs: Goa
2 points :vs: Mumbai
2 points :vs: Odisha

9 Likes

19’ GOAL |

Neat work by Noguera on the byline to create a scoring chance for Jorge Ortiz. The FC Goa attacker takes a touch to control and calmly slots it in!

FCG 1-0 JFC

11 Likes

HALF-TIME |

Jorge Ortiz’s strike is the difference at the break in Fatorda.

8 Likes

FCGOA 1-0 JFC [45:00 min]

The beautiful game of total football. FC goa is playing best football of this season. That too without angulo. Ortiz and noguera was more than brilliant. One player was exceptional today that is Saviour Gama. Right wing was operating well for them. But Brandon was not up to the mark so left wing was off. Edu bedia was screening the defense very well. Defensively gonzalez was very impressive.

Talking about JFC, Hartley and eze was not upto the mark. Aniket was trying well. But the ball delivery in the final third is not happening. Valskis was alone there to do something.

18 Likes

FC Goa’s Igor Angulo is the player with the best differential between expected goals *4.49 and actual goals scored (nine) in this ISL campaign (+4.51 xG value)

IMG_20210114_162451

14 Likes

FCGOA 3-0 JFC

Just the reparation of 1st half. Only difference is FCGOA launches Brendon in the left flank resulting the 2nd goal. 3rd goal was totally individual brilliance of Gonzalez.

JFC was completely scattered in the 2nd half. If Jacky was fit he should start the game. Alex was not in shape today resulting a red card. From last two match Hartley and eze again and again completely different player as compare to their earlier form. They are deteriorating day by day.

From this game JFC should focus on their transition more to get back to the winning.

15 Likes