🇮🇳 ISL 2020/21 Season-MatchDay 11- Previews, Reviews, Match Results, Discussions - Hyderabad FC, Bengaluru FC, Mumbai & More

Kerala Blasters player Facundo Pereyra has registered the most key passes after MD10 in the ISL (24). Only one of these 24 key passes have ended up as an assist. Metronomic.

12 Likes

Chennaiyin FC have been involved in most games drawn nil-nil in the current ISL campaign (four), Odisha FC registered their first; Chennaiyin have now drawn 12 games nil-nil, the second most after Kerala Blasters (14) in ISL history. Stalemate.

10 Likes

JFC 1-1 KBFC [45 min]

SIMPLE POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF:

JFC:

1. Eze and Hartley completely off color.
  2. No defensive screening in the mid field.
  3. Aniket got a briliant chance.
  4. Vaskis again a briliant individual goal.
  5. TP rahness sloppy mistake for the goal.
  6. TP rahness briliant to deny murry.
  7. Monroy and alex need to focus in their defensive duty.

KBFC

1. Finishing problem.
  2. Mid field played very well.
  3. Vicente is impressive.
  4. Costa is back. He seems to be the most important player of this team.
  5. Jeakson is making good runs through the middle.
  6. Samad should jump while standing in the Wall. If he had done that may be the goal could have been denied.
  7. Murry horrible miss.
  8. Garry showcase Hooper justifies that he is of no use.
15 Likes

KBFC 3-2 JFC

Almost the same mode of football continues in the 2nd half. KBFC actually deserves this win. Key facts that are to be added in the 2nd half.

1. Fakundo perrera. Briliant moves.
  2. Lalruatthara genuine red card.
  3. Murray again could have done better in some cases.
  4. 2nd goal from KBFC actually that is cz of perrera.
  5. 3rd goal raheness the LOL.
  6. Valskis again good finish.

KBFC looked nice in shape because of the player costa back in the game. I hope nishu is fit, if he returns defensively the tram will be better. But really this team has a problem with the attackers.

14 Likes

FT: Jamshedpur FC 2-3 Kerala blasters

Kerala Blasters win a five-goal thriller against Jamshedpur

10 Likes

Push the ball into the net’ - Chennaiyin boss Csaba Laszlo confounded by lack of goals

Chennaiyin couldn’t score despite creating chances throughout the game against Odisha.

The Marina Machans created plenty of chances to score but failed to convert them. The head coach was disappointed with his team’s profligacy.

"From the start of the season, we are the team creating the most chances on the field. I and my staff reorganized the team completely knowing that Rafael is out, we found a new shape and tactic. I must be proud of the team because they understood the plan very quickly.

“These kinds of chances, you cannot miss. It is not about concentration. I cannot explain, you must push the ball into the net. I am sitting in the dressing room making compliments about the team and then I am complaining about not scoring.”

"In most games, we concede a goal or it stays 0-0. The pressure is too much for the whole team and hence we must be more clinical. I have to defend my defenders as they have played really well until now.

“We are not scoring goals and that is why I am upset. This was a game in our pocket. We dominated and didn’t score and that’s bothering me,” he signed off.

13 Likes

We weren’t troubled’ - Stuart Baxter pleased with Odisha’s defending against Chennaiyin

Odisha head coach Stuart Baxter praised the performance of his defenders after they claimed the team’s first clean sheet of the season in the goalless draw against Chennaiyin on Sunday.

Chennaiyin had more clear-cut chances but the Odisha defence and goalkeeper Arshdeep Singh delivered a good display to register the clean sheet.

“We have made massive mistakes in the previous games that have presented goals to the opposition. The defensive performance (against Chennaiyin) was very good. The players worked very hard. Apart from one mistake by Steven (Taylor) where he stumbled, I don’t remember us being troubled,” Baxter said after the game.

12 Likes

Jamshedpur 2-3 Kerala Blasters: Jordan Murray brace sinks the Men of Steel

10-man Kerala Blasters beat Jamshedpur 3-2 in an Indian Super League (ISL) clash on Sunday at the Tilak Maidan, Goa.

Costa Nhamoinesu gave Blasters the lead in the 22nd minute but Nerijus Vlaskis brought Jamshedpur back in the game in the 36th minute. Jordan Murray (79’, 82’) then scored a brace in quick in the second half to give Blasters a convincing lead. Valskis then reduced the margin in the 84th minute but it was not enough as Kibu Vicuna’s side ended the match with full points.

13 Likes

As we approach the final round of this weekend games, here is what tonight’s result means for the rest of the team on the log. Chenniyin were held to a 0-0 draw by Odisha FC which means the points are shared, Chenniyin have dropped down to 8th on the log level on point with NorthEast United in 7th and a point behind Bengaluru who occupy the 6th position. The result means Odisha FC are still rooted to the bottom of the table, 3 points behind Kerala who are in 10th. Meanwhile in the other encounter, a five goals thriller between Jamshedpur and Kerala Blasters where Jordan Murray’s late brace in the game seal all the 3 points for Kerala Blasters which means they’re now 1 point behind East Bengal who are in 9th and the defeat for Jamshedpur means they dropped down to 5th, a point above Bengaluru and 2 points behind Goa FC. ATK Mohun can leapfrog Mumbai City to top the table tomorrow with a win.

14 Likes

Kerala Blasters player Costa Nhamoinesu was involved in 12 clearances, double than what any other player (Jessel Carneiro six clearances) could muster in the Jamshedpur FC vs Kerala blasters game. Solid.
costa-nhamoinesu-1601995033-48563

9 Likes

’We showed character’ - Kibu Vicuna feels Kerala Blasters proved that they are a competitive team

Kerala Blasters boss Kibu Vicuna credited the character shown by his team for their 3-2 win against Jamshedpur on Sunday.

“I think we believed that we could win the match. We fought for all three points since the beginning. We started well. The second half was very even till the second yellow card. It was going to be difficult. But the counter-attacks we saw (proved) that we can be a competitive team. I’m happy with the three points,” Vicuna said after the game.

He added, “The character and quality of the team (stood out), we created a lot of chances. Costa scored from a very good set-piece. Jordan scored. We had good chances,” he added.

5 Likes

Jamshedpur switched off’ - Owen Coyle rues lapses in concentration in defeat to Kerala Blasters

Jamshedpur boss Owen Coyle said that the goalkeeping error by TP Rehenesh in the second half cost his team.

After the game, head coach Owen Coyle blamed a lack of concentration for the loss.

"We were up for the game and I think because you get the extra man advantage, one or two lapses in concentration gifted the goals. (We had) numerous chances to score. 10 or 11 men, if you give away a soft goal, then you’ll be punished.

What we did is we switched off, there was a lack of concentration and individual errors. One or two players switched off. People tend to over analyse the situation. We tend to make mistakes and paid a heavy price for that," he added.

“I think TP has been outstanding this season. Ultimately, when a goalkeeper makes a mistake, that results in a goal. That has cost us a point tonight. But listen we will pick him up and we will go again. He needs to mentally strong and go again. As simple as that,” Coyle said.

10 Likes

They do not just attack’ - ATK Mohun Bagan coach Antonio Habas feels Mumbai City are tough to stop

ATK Mohun Bagan coach Antonio Habas dismissed suggestions that his side’s upcoming Indian Super League (ISL) clash against Mumbai City on Monday is a battle between ATKMB’s stingy defence and Mumbai’s prolific attack.

“I don’t think that Mumbai is a team that only attacks. They have good progressional play and counter attacks [too]. It’s very difficult to stop their team because they always play forward but I don’t think it’s a match between attacking and defending because football is a game of attacking and defending. Both teams have transitions from one side to the other,” he continued to explain.

“The importance of a match depends on the moment. Now it’s a match between the first (Mumbai City) and second teams [on the table]. Maybe two or three weeks later, the match may not have the same importance but the idea is to continue playing in the same way to get three points [in every game].”

10 Likes

Important but not crucial’ - Sergio Lobera feels ATK Mohun Bagan are ‘a good test’ for Mumbai City

Mumbai City coach Sergio Lobera called for focus from his side ahead of their Indian Super League (ISL) tie against ATK Mohun Bagan on Monday. Both teams are neck-to-neck at the top of the table, with the Kolkatan outfit (20 points) trailing by just two points.

Lobera felt that the standings do not really matter at this stage, with more than half of the season still left to be played. However, he feels that playing against ATK Mohun Bagan will be a test of his team’s mettle.

"I think it’s going to be an important game but not crucial. It’s just half of the competition and in this league, everything can change in a short time. Sometimes you have three games in seven days and the most important thing is to keep our focus on improving ourselves.

“Tomorrow’s game is a good test for us but it’s [to get] three points more against a very good team,” he said.

10 Likes

Preview: ATK Mohun Bagan vs Mumbai City FC

The eleventh matchday of the ISL 2020-21 will pit the top two sides, ATK Mohun Bagan and Mumbai City FC against each other. The thrilling clash will take place at the Fatorda Stadium in Margao.

ATK Mohun Bagan come into this encounter with a five-game unbeaten streak. Head coach Antonio Habas’ side has recovered in impressive fashion after its loss against Jamshedpur FC.

ATK Mohun Bagan have looked in fine touch in all the departments so far. The defense has notched up four clean sheets in a row, taking their overall tally to seven for the season.

Mumbai City are the current league leaders of ISL 2020-21. They have notched up 22 points from nine matches in a fantastic display so far. The Islanders have won seven matches, and have drawn and lost just once each.

Sergio Lobera’s side has been one of the most productive sides in the league with a talented midfield at its disposal. Ahmed Jahouh, Rowllin Borges, and Hugo Boumous are the key creators in the middle of the park for the Islanders.

10 Likes

Mumbai City FC have the best shot conversion rate in this season of the ISL (23.2%). They have scored 16 goals from their 69 total shots. Daunting.

12 Likes

Among strikers with a minimum of five goals in this season of the ISL, ATK Mohun Bagan FC striker Roy Krishna has a big chance conversion rate of 75%; only FC Goa Igor Angulo has a better percentage (80%). Lethal.

10 Likes

ATK Mohun Bagan :crossed_swords: Chennaiyin FC

ErZNJQkVkAImx4j

11 Likes

ATK Mohun Bagan :crossed_swords: Chennaiyin FC

Supermen at work! :superhero:

Erbn_t8VkAAZm53

11 Likes

Chennaiyin FC Sign Ex-FC Goa and ATK star Manuel Lanzarote as Crivellaro Replacement

The 36-year-old former FC Barcelona graduate will arrive in Goa immediately and undergo the mandatory quarantine procedure before joining the squad. Lanzarote’s acquisition comes on the back of CFC captain Rafael Crivellaro being ruled out for the rest of the season following an ankle ligament injury he suffered against ATK Mohun Bagan on December 29, 2020.

13 Likes