🇮🇳 ISL 2020-21 Matchweek 20- Previews, Reviews, Match Results, Discussions- Hyderabad, Kerala Blasters, Mumbai City, Northeast United, ATK Mohun Bagan and more

Well it’s safe to say this game didn’t go according to plan for Kerala Blasters who have just lost by 4 goals to nil at the hands of Hyderabad FC…

14 Likes

Well they just lost 4-0, which means they have 6 more points to fight for against Chennaiyin and Northeast United…How many points can they take from their last two games :thinking:

14 Likes

They’re still rooted to the bottom of the table, just a place above Odisha in 10 though with 6 points above them, they play 8th place Chennaiyin and 3rd placed Northeast United in their last two games, where do you think Kerala Blasters will finish this season?

13 Likes

Full Time: Hyderabad FC 4-0 Kerala Blasters

A dominant and commanding second half display from Hyderabad see them go third after humiliating Kerala Blasters tonight.

15 Likes

4 goals in the end, 21 goals scored in the second half from 25 goals scored all season :clap::clap:

13 Likes

4 goals conceded in the end, 33 goals conceded all season, 3 more than Odisha :grimacing:

15 Likes

Winning Pass of the Match

Lluis Sastre gets the DHL Winning Pass of the Match for his splendid set-piece assist for Aridane Santana’s goal!

14 Likes

Hero of the Match

And for leading Hyderabad from the front, Aridane Santana takes home the Hero of the match award in Vasco!!

16 Likes

Hyderabad FC are yet to lose a game on Tuesday this ISL season. They have played three games on Tuesdays this term (W2 D1). They however lost their only game played on Tuesday last term against Jamshedpur FC. Undefeated.

6 Likes

A high-energy display from the Hyderabad FC skipper :facepunch:

8 Likes

Post-match Presentation - Hyderabad FC 4-0 Kerala Blasters

5 Likes

Hyderabad FC’s Manuel Marquez answers questions of the media after his side enjoyed a 4-0 victory over Kerala Blasters in tonight’s clash.

3 Likes

Kerala Blasters’ Kibu Vicuna answers questions of the media after his side lost to Hyderabad FC in tonight’s contest.

5 Likes

4 goals :exploding_head:
3 scorers :raised_hands:
2 for Fran Sandaza :clap:
1 comprehensive Hyderabad FC victory :v:

Check out all the goals from the game :film_projector:

8 Likes

A game which sprung to life in the 2⃣nd half :sparkler:

Check out the full highlights of the game :film_projector:

9 Likes

Match Preview: FC Goa Vs Odisha FC

After six straight draws in Hero Indian Super League (Hero ISL) 2020-21, FC Goa will be gunning for a win when they face Odisha FC at the Fatorda Stadium on Wednesday. The Gaurs are in the fray for a semi-final spot but must start winning their games now with the likes of NorthEast United FC, Hyderabad FC and Bengaluru FC having upped the ante recently with the same ambition.

Unbeaten in their last 10 matches, Goa will fancy their chances against bottom-placed Odisha. They registered a 1-0 win over Odisha FC earlier in the campaign and have won all their previous three encounters against the Bhubaneswar-based club. The Gaurs will head into Wednesday’s clash targeting maximum points having won just thrice during their run of 10 unbeaten games.

Easy on the eye when in full flow, Goa have scored 19 goals from open play – the most by a team in Hero ISL 2020-21. They tend to score most of their goals in the second half with 16 of their 26 goals so far coming after the restart. The Gaurs possess plenty of firepower in attack with the likes of Igor Angulo and Jorge Ortiz, who have netted 12 and five goals this season respectively.

Defensively, they haven’t been the most compact though and have conceded 21 times. They tend to, particularly, struggle from set-pieces and have conceded 14 goals from such situations in Hero ISL 2020-21.

Odisha, meanwhile, are playing for pride and will want to finish the season on a positive note with some wins under their belt. They’ve only won one match so far and are currently on an eight-match winless run. They have struggled to produce their best at both ends of the pitch and have conceded 30 goals so far while managing to keep just one clean sheet. Set-pieces have been an issue for them having conceded 11 times from such situations.

10 Likes

FC Goa Head Coach ahead of the game

“Maybe you can imagine it as being easy but it’s not so easy because now Odisha’s players don’t have a lot of stress on the pitch. They played better in the last games. Of course, it’s a difficult game. They will also be thinking about the future, to fight on the pitch and give some good performances because maybe in the future they will get some good offers,” Gaurs head coach Juan Ferrando said ahead of the game.

7 Likes

Odisha FC Interim Coach

“I’m going to stay with the facts. In the second half against NorthEast [in their last game, a 3-1 defeat], we had a high percentage of passing, higher than them. We also had 81% accuracy of pass. FC Goa are a good passing team. I know their tactics; I know how they will play against us. Without giving any tactics away, we will play a certain way. This season we have a tendency to start getting our game together only after the first 15 minutes, so it is important that we start straight from the off [against FC Goa],” Odisha interim head coach Gerald Peyton said ahead of the game.

10 Likes

Assists by :india: players in Hero ISL 2020-21,

Jerry Mawia - 5 (most)
Alexander Jesuraj - 3 (3rd joint-highest)

Who will make a telling impact in tonight’s game?

9 Likes

Kerala Blasters FC and Kibu Vicuna mutually part ways

Screenshot_20210217-112338

The club can confirm that we have parted ways with head coach Kibu Vicuna on mutual consent. We would like to thank him for his contributions during the season and wish him all the very best in his future endeavours. Assistant coach Ishfaq Ahmed will be taking charge on an interim basis till a permanent replacement is announced.

Speaking on the decision, Kibu said “Unfortunately, the season has been unusual and unexpected. My parents taught me to be responsible for what I am doing so I always give all my heart to it, but also give no excuses. I want to thank all the management, players, coaching staff, and members of the club for their professionalism, kindness, and closeness. I want to express my gratitude to all the Kerala Blasters fans for their support since the first till the last day, which makes you exceptional and amazing. I wish all of you and the club all the best in the future. You deserve it.”

“I would like to thank Kibu for his honesty and responsibility in this decision. We had a clear objective to make improvements this season. Unfortunately, the results were not what we expected. We are grateful for his commitment and professionalism towards the club and wish him well for the future.” said Karolis Skinkys, Sporting Director, Kerala Blasters FC.

With two games remaining this season, the team will look to sign off the current season on a strong note.

11 Likes