SRH 172/8 (20 ov)
Kane Williamson 67

Kagiso Rabada 4/29
Marcus Stoinis 3/26

Delhi Capitals 189/3 after 20 overs
Shikhar Dhawan 78
Shimron Hetmyer 42*

Rashid Khan 1/26

Chasing a daunting 190, Sunrisers end at 172/8 after 20 overs. A nail-biting contest between the two teams but Delhi Capitals emerge victorius at the end. A terrific all-round performance from them led by Kagiso Rabada and Shikhar Dhawan.

EmUqIkNVkAAJ76X

8 Likes

The race for the Purple & Orange Cap is on!

29 wickets to Kagiso Rabada
27 wickets to Jasprit Bumrah

Shikhar Dhawan still stands a chance at Orange Cap.

Who do you think will be donning the same after the final?

9 Likes

Competition are very tough for purple cup, because both are talented player. But we all know that Rabada has played 2 more matches than Bumrah.

I really think it should be decided in the group stages itself. Beyond that is the advantage of playing more games.

I think If Bumrah bowls in the second inning, he’s gonna win this.

Orange cap: Kl Rahul
Purple cap: Bom Bom Bumrah

10 Likes

Agree. Until recently, I assumed it to be a competition until the playoffs only. From playoffs, the players get the benefit of teams advancing.

As you rightly said, although DC lost first Qualifier, Rabada got one match benefit by getting to play in the 2nd Qualifier and picking additional wickets.

9 Likes

IPL FINAL 2020

The day has finally come as the cash-rich Indian Premier League is heading towards the finale at Dubai tonight. The defending champions, Mumbai Indians take on the first-time finalists Delhi Capitals in the summit clash. On one end, we have the seasoned campaigners and four-time IPL champions led by Rohit Sharma. On the other end, we have the Shreyas Iyer-led DC, who have made it to their first-ever IPL final but have lost all 3 games against MI.

DC will be itching to avenge those three losses with one which will now matter the most. However, Mumbai Indians have decisive players who look to create an impact in big matches like this. Rohit & co have tasted glory before and know how to handle the pressure in big matches. Mahela Jayawardane has a pretty balanced squad who have just lost 5 matches in the entire tournament. Suryakumar Yadav is firing, Ishan Kishan has been pivotal, Pandya Brothers along with Pollard have dominated with their six-hitting abilities, Boult has delivered wickets for them in powerplay & Boom Boom Bumrah has been the most reliable bowler for them, delivering wickets when they need it the most.

DC’s tic-tac-toe with injured Pant, inexperienced Shaw & not so good Ajinkya Rahane has been a major concern. However, bringing Marcus Stonies in the last match to open proved to be a brilliant decision. Gabbar is HUNGRY! He will look to clinch the orange cap tonight. Rabada and Nortje have been the modern-day pacers who were very good in the first half of the tournament but since then all in not as per the plan for the seemers. Bumrah & Rabada will also go head on head for the purple cap tonight.

I just hope that this will be a nail-biting final and as spectators we just want it to end on the last delivery! I will, however, be cheering for the underdogs, Delhi Capitals.

Stats

• MI at this venue: Played 7, Won 2, Lost 5
  • DC at this venue: Played 10, Won 5, Lost 5
  • Head to head overall:
    Matches 27, MI wins 15, DC wins 12

8 Likes

Ok, my prediction for SRH was a bit off.( :wink:) I was counting on Wriddhiman Saha to take SRH to the finals. However, he couldn’t play the Qualifier due to an injury and I think it would have made a difference had he been there. I think his performance was stupendous in the 4 matches he played this season.

Anyway, continuing with the support for underdogs, DC was my rooting team from the beginning of this season until SRH came in as a dark horse during the final leg of the playoff race.

So, for tonight’s game, I am rooting for Delhi Capitals to win.

DC have to prove themselves against the favorites and beat the odds to lift the championship trophy. I think they are capable of it and they just need to focus on their game plan without any fear of the ‘mighty’ Mumbai Indians team. The stats are pretty much leveled where both the teams have lost 5 times at this venue. So, all the best team!

7 Likes

IPL Winners from the beginning.

Who will win the 2020 Championship trophy?

I think Mumbai Indians will win tonight.

7 Likes

IPL Final Winners

2008 - Batting 2nd
2009 - Batting 1st
2010 - Batting 1st
2011 - Batting 1st
2012 - Batting 2nd
2013 - Batting 1st
2014 - Batting 2nd
2015 - Batting 1st
2016 - Batting 1st
2017 - Batting 1st
2018 - Batting 2nd
2019 - Batting 1st

7 Likes

The jinx that Mumbai Indians only win in odd years is now wrong. 5th title for Rohit & co. The second team to successfully defend the IPL trophy.

6 Likes

Mumbai Indians are the Champions!

The only team and the captain to win 5 IPL titles!

6 Likes

IPL 2020: Full List of award winners

Most Valuable Player – Jofra Archer of Rajasthan Royals (20 wickets, 175 dots, five catches and 10 sixes)

Orange Cap – KL Rahul of Kings XI Punjab (Runs: 670, Average: 55.83, Strike-Rate 129.34, 58 fours, 23 sixes)

Purple Cap – Kagiso Rabada of Delhi Capitals (30 wickets, Economy rate 8.34, Average: 18.26, Strike Rate: 13.13)

‘Powerplayer’ of the season – Trent Boult of Mumbai Indians (25 wickets, in Powerplay: 16)

Most Sixes – Ishan Kishan of Mumbai Indians (30)

Super-striker of the season – Kieron Pollard of Mumbai Indians (Strike rate – 191.42)

Game-changer of the season – KL Rahul of Kings XI Punjab (976 IPL Fantasy Points)

IPL 2020 Fairplay Award – Mumbai Indians

Emerging Player Award – Devdutt Padikkal of Royal Challengers Bangalore (15 matches, 473 runs, five half-centuries)

6 Likes