🏏 India vs England T20I Series: 2021 Schedule, Squads, Match Previews, Results & Discussions

Dream Debut for Ishan Kishan- His international debut! :+1:

Half-century in 28 balls! :clap: :clap:

12 Likes

The first batsman to score :three::zero::zero::zero: T20 international runs :top: :raised_hands:

Test average: 52.37
ODI average: 59.31
T20I average: 50.86

No batsman comes close across formats :crown:

EwdQf9CUcAAj9d3

12 Likes

IND vs ENG 3rd T20I - Mar 16th, 2021

After winning the 2nd T20I by 7 wickets, India would hope to repeat their display in the third T20I that takes place tonight at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.

Rohit Sharma is likely to come back in the side so KL Rahul or Ishan Kishan might have to make a place for him.

England may bring in Moeen Ali.

IND vs ENG - 3rd T20I

Ishan Kishan

18 Likes

Pitch and conditions

The match will be played on a red-soil deck. While it may not be crumbly, there will definitely be more turn on offer. This is something Morgan alluded to while speaking of the changes they may be forced to make for Tuesday’s fixture.

Stats and trivia:

• Kohli’s unbeaten 73 on Saturday was his 26th T20I fifty, the most in T20I history.
  • Vice-captain Rohit Sharma is next best with 22, while Ireland’s Paul Stirling and Australia’s David Warner are joint-third with 18 half-centuries.
16 Likes

No spectators will be allowed for the remaining three T20Is in Ahmedabad due to the rising COVID-19 cases.

16 Likes

India vs England 3rd T20I:

England win toss, opt to bowl

ENG 6/0 (2 ov)

England (Playing XI) - Jason Roy, Jos Buttler (WK), Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Eoin Morgan ©, Ben Stokes, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood (IN FOR TOM CURRAN).

India (Playing XI) - Rohit Sharma (IN FOR SURYAKUMAR YADAV), KL Rahul, Ishan Kishan, Virat Kohli ©, Rishabh Pant (WK), Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal.

LIVE Cricket Score

17 Likes

Kohli keeps India competitive after slow start.

18 Likes

Jos Buttler brings up his fifty off just 26 balls :boom:

17 Likes

England wins by 8 wickets, takes 2-1 lead

India posted 156 for 6 against England in the third T20 international of the five-match series. Virat Kohli was the top-scorer for India with his unbeaten 46-ball 77 after India were invited to take first strike. For England, Mark Wood (3/31) took three wickets to emerge as the most successful bowler, while Chris Jordon (1/35) claimed one.

Jos Butler punished directionless Indian bowlers and lethargic fielders to score 83 of just 52 deliveries and scored easy victory for England with 10 balls to spare.

19 Likes

Is the toss influencing the result too much? :thinking:

14 Likes

Jos Buttler becomes only the 3rd wicketkeeper to reach 1500 runs in T20Is.

Most runs by a keeper in T20I cricket:-
1918 - Mohammad Shahzad
1617 - MS Dhoni
1514 - JOS BUTTLER (so far)

14 Likes

Most 50+ scores by a captain in T20Is:

11 - VIRAT KOHLI
11 - Kane Williamson
10 - Aaron Finch
9 - Eoin Morgan
8 - Faf du Plessis

16 Likes

Most ducks by an Indian opener in T20Is:

4 - KL RAHUL
4 - Rohit Sharma
2 - Gautam Gambhir
2 - Ajinkya Rahane

10 Likes

Most sixes by a wicketkeeper in international cricket:

359 - MS Dhoni
259 - Adam Gilchrist
211 - JOS BUTTLER
208 - Brendon McCullum
152 - Quinton de Kock

15 Likes

India vs England 4th T20I:

It’s Match Day!

Team India will look to bounce back and level the series as they take on England in the 4th T20I.

The 4th T20I between India and England is a do-or-die encounter for the hosts. Team India, after responding to the loss in the first game with a win in the second, slumped to a disappointing eight-wicket defeat in the third. Apart from Virat Kohli, no other batsman got going on Tuesday and the bowlers were later taken to cleaners by England’s wicketkeeper-batsman Jos Buttler.

Now, to stay alive in the series, they must regroup on today (March 18) at the Narendra Modi Cricket Stadium in Ahmedabad to beat the world’s number 1 side in the shortest format of the game.

LIVE CRICKET SCORE

Ewv0zqeUUAMYDtr

15 Likes

The Indian skipper backs KL Rahul to come good, and so do we! :muscle:

15 Likes

Back-to-back fifties in the ongoing IND v ENG series have helped Virat Kohli reclaim the No.5 spot in the ICC T20I Player Rankings

15 Likes

Most T20I runs for India since 2019:

Virat Kohli - 911
KL Rahul - 761
Rohit Sharma - 551
Shikhar Dhawan - 441
Shreyas Iyer - 430

13 Likes

The big statistics ahead of crucial fourth T20I

• England have managed to record a win in eight of their last nine men’s T20I matches when chasing.

• India tasted an eight-wicket defeat last time out versus England, they have not suffered back-to-back men’s T20I defeats against the same opponent since February 2019 (against Australia).

• Indian captain Virat Kohli needs just 55 runs to become the highest run-getter against England in men’s T20Is, he has scored 496 runs from 15 innings; only Australian Aaron Finch has scored more runs against England (550 runs in 12 innings).

• Indian captain Virat Kohli has dropped eight catches in T20Is since the start of 2019, the most recorded by any player from a Test-playing nation during that period.

• England pacer Jofra Archer has bowled 40 dot balls so far in this series, 14 more than any Indian player and has a dot ball rate of 53% which is a series-high number; only one of his 72 deliveries have pitched on a half volley length or fuller.

15 Likes

Most 50s in T20Is:

Virat Kohli - 27
Rohit Sharma - 25

13 Likes