India ISL 2020/21 Season-MatchDay 10- Previews, Reviews, Match Results, Discussions - Hyderabad FC, Bengaluru FC, Mumbai & More

Hero of the Match - Diego Mauricio! :star_struck:

An unstoppable force on the pitch tonight! :fire: :fire:

8 Likes

Jerry Mawia - DHL Winning Pass of the Match Award!

For notching up his fourth assist of the campaign! :muscle: :muscle:

ErJDYuXUYAEOIt6

14 Likes

Here are the standings after Round 10 of ISL 2020-21

15 Likes

’I want to say sorry’ - Kibu Vicuna apologises to Kerala Blasters fans after humbling defeat to Odisha

Kerala Blasters head coach Kibu Vicuna was disappointed with his team’s performance against Odisha FC.

Kerala Blasters suffered a disappointing 2-4 defeat against Odisha FC in the 2020-21 Indian Super League (ISL) clash at the GMC Stadium in Bambolim, Goa.

The loss sees Kerala Blasters sitting in the second last position in the table with six points from nine matches. Kerala Blasters head coach Kibu Vicuna was quick to apologise to the supporters for their poor performance.

“I want to say sorry to all the supporters. We did not play a good match and committed too many mistakes. This is not the team that we want to see and sorry for that,” Kibu Vicuna said after the game.

“Everything (was wrong) because tactically we commit a mistake and the result. The good thing is we have a game on Sunday and we have to react. We need to focus on the next game to get all the three points,” he said.

“Well, when you concede four goals, its impossible to get points. Today we will analyze the match but is a tough night for us,” he added

“Yes, we have players that are not ready to play. Yesterday we had a problem with Costa (Nhaimonesu). In the last training, he worsened his injury and could not play tonight. He was recovering after an injury,” he said.

“In football, we have to keep going, I believe this team can play better, we have shown in matches. We have to recover from this loss. We have to play better in every aspect of the game.”

14 Likes

Stuart Baxter: Kerala Blasters win can be a catalyst to kickstart Odisha FC’s season

Odisha FC head coach Stuart Baxter believes his team will produce better performances after their first win in nine matches.

Odisha FC registered their first win of the 2020-21 Indian Super League (ISL) season after a 4-2 win over Kerala Blasters at the GMC Stadium in Bambolim, Goa, on Thursday.

An inspired performance from Diego Mauricio saw Stuart Baxter’s men script a comeback after going down to an early goal.

“Very pleased. Very pleased with the players. We changed the way we are going to play. We had Jacob (Tratt) at right back. We had Gaurav Bora playing as a centre back. Giving away a goal and then coming back totally dominating in the next 75 minutes of the game, it was an awesome performance,” Stuart Baxter said after the game.

“We have shown that potential in almost every game. In the beginning, it was sporadic, we made too many mistakes, all the way to the East Bengal game. We gave away too many goals which made the hill to heavy to climb,” he added.

“It was part of the game plan. With only two centre-midfield players, we wanted to breakup their play earlier. We were going to commit Nandhakumar and Jerry (Mawihmingthanga). If we lost the ball, we had four payers ready to counter. We want to press the ball,” Baxter said.

The British manager is confident that the win will be a catalyst for his team to improve their performances. He also pointed out that the squad is on a high and becoming better with time.

“I certainly hope so. We started the season with defeats. I have never seen that glum feeling. I am hoping this is a bit of catalyst to go on a better run. The squad has been on a positive spiral we are becoming better and better. I think it’s getting better. I was really really upset after giving away two goals against East Bengal,” he said.

“The minimum for me is that every player gives everything he has got in every situation. And the end of the season I want to see if they end on fourth place or 10th place or whatever,” he added.

14 Likes

It was a memorable night for Odisha FC in Bambolim as they ended their wait for a first win of Hero ISL 2020-21 season beating Kerala Blasters 4-2. After trailing to an early goal from Jordan Murray, Stuart Baxter’s side netted four times. Diego Mauricio netted a second-half brace after playing a significant part in the equaliser. Skipper Steven Taylor also got on the scoresheet just before the half-time break. Gary Hooper pulled one back for Kibu Vicuna’s side but that would only prove to be a consolation.

Highlights - Kerala Blasters 2-4 Odisha FC - Match 50

16 Likes

Post-match Presentation - Kerala Blasters 2-4 Odisha FC - Match 50

13 Likes

ISL 2020-21 Game week 10 Team of the Week!

9 Likes