Happy Birthday Dada- Captain who changed the face of Indian cricket

Current BCCI President and former Indian Captain, Sourav Ganguly turns 48 today. Lovingly called as ‘Dada’ of Indian cricket, he was a prolific opener who scored 11363 runs and 22 ODI hundreds to his name. The ‘Prince of Calcutta’ is also hailed as one of the best captains of Indian Cricket team and is often credited for revolutionising the team in the early 2000s when took over the captaincy reigns in a controversial situation and helped the national team grow with his ‘never say die spirit’.

Share the most memorable impact that Sourav Ganguly has left in your life or the most memorable innings from the legend.

7 Likes

He was a no-nonsense player who was dropped from the national team many times. But he also changed the game of Indian cricket forever. This is the story of Sourav Ganguly. Today, he turns 48 and let us look at his extraordinary journey.

7 Likes

Termed as the “God of off-side”, Dada took control of the Indian side when it needed the most. He taught the team how to win overseas against top teams like Australia. He picked youngsters into the team, gave them the confidence and respect they deserved to go out there and win games for India. That iconic scene at Lord’s after India defeated England is the most cherished moment in Indian cricket and reminds me of my childhood.

Happy Birthday DADA :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Birthday wishes to the most beloved Captain of India, Sourav Ganguly! :bouquet::tada:

For many youngsters, Ganguly has been a role model personified by fearlessness, courage to take challenges head-on and inspiring love for the game of cricket.

One such tribute is by @Anubhav1 to his idol ‘Dada’.

7 Likes

One of My favorite Batsman to watch. His offside drives/cuts and his on side lofted shots seldom found fielders and often were found out of the boundary. His off side play was purely sublime. I can beg for nothing more than watching pair of Dada-Viru playing. No amount of opposition strategies and efforts would matter. I have seen him creaming through 7 man off side inner ring and face of hapless bowlers.

My favorite Captain. Most impactful Indian skipper ever. Kapil had given us hope, But Dada taught us domination. Whatever following captains achieved was in his tailwinds.

Let’s hope he delivers with such proliferation as BCCI Head as well.

Here is Something for fans to relive!

8 Likes

A look at milestones achieved by Indian Cricket’s beloved Dada

5 Likes

HBD Dada! :birthday::tada:

Recall the famous moment when Ganguly smashed 3 back-to-back sixes that landed on the stadium roof in Sharjah against Zimbabwe! Commentator Tony Grieg - He loves that roof!!! :joy: :star_struck:

4 Likes