⚽ General Football News 2021-22 Season- Open Thread

Kylian Mbappé with some major love for Hakimi :raised_hands:

16 Likes

Does Joao Felix need to leave Atletico to fulfill his potential? :thinking:

15 Likes

:studio_microphone: 𝐙𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐧 𝐈𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐜 on 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 – “Whoever played with him has to be happy, because he made them better. He doesn’t get the credit he deserves, when he played with Cristiano, all the work was done by Rooney but Ronaldo got the praise for the amazing goals.”

:black_small_square: Manchester United’s all-time top scorer with 253 goals :soccer::fire:

:black_small_square: The only player in Premier League history to have 200+ goals and 100+ assists 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿:crown:

16 Likes

Journalist – "What do you think of the rivalry between France and Italy? "

Fabio Cannavaro – “What rivalry do you talk about? Between Italy and France, there is no possible comparison. We won 4 World Cups, played 6 finals, maybe we can have a rivalry with Germany or Brazil, that’s all.” :trophy::it::fire:

16 Likes

• 164 Games.
• 168 Goals.
• 49 Assists.
• 19 Hat-Tricks.

Cristiano Ronaldo under Jose Mourinho. :fire:

16 Likes

Achraf Hakimi was asked whether he would take over free-kick duty at PSG after his AFCON stunner.

Good luck :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

The year is 2004, 𝐋𝐞𝐨 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢 is in his first pre-season with the Barcelona first team! Getting nostalgia just looking at those boots. :heart_eyes::heart:

16 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo:

"My father always taught me that when you help others, God gives you double. And that’s what really happened to me. When I helped people in need, God gave me even more ". :pray:

FB_IMG_16432296809443412

13 Likes

Jose Mourinho in 2012:

“All I ask from the Madridistas is to give Luka Modric some time and be patient. He is so good that the Santiago Bernabéu will fall in love with his class.”

10 years later the Special One was so right.

7 Likes

Erling Haaland names his top three players of 2021 :muscle:

8 Likes

It’s been two years since Kobe Bryant passed away following a tragic helicopter crash.

Gone but never forgotten :dove:

9 Likes

This FC Barcelona mockup kit is :fire:

(via ikrodesign, PrimeDesignss/Twitter)

8 Likes

FIFA president Gianni Infantino linked his plan for biennial World Cups on Wednesday to giving more hope to Africans who risk their lives crossing the sea to Europe.

8 Likes

Jose Mourinho’s Real Madrid attack.

8 Likes

:it: Paolo Maldini: "Sergio Ramos is my heir in football. He’s very quick, powerful & has great technique."⠀

:uruguay: Luis Suarez: "Ramos the toughest defender that I’ve come up against. He’s very strong, competitive & has plenty of experience. He is tough."⠀

:brazil: Neymar: "Toughest defenders? Hard to say, there are so many, I think Sergio Ramos. He’s great."⠀

:argentina: Diego Simeone: "I admire and respect Sergio Ramos, & if I could choose defender from outside of my team, he would be the one that I would love to take."⠀

:argentina: Sergio Agüero: "Sergio Ramos is the most difficult defender I’ve ever faced."⠀

:it: Leonardo Bonucci: "I think Sergio Ramos is the best defender in the world."⠀

:brazil: Juninho: "For me, Sergio Ramos is the best defender in Spanish football history."⠀

:brazil: Ronaldo Nazario: "I think the best defender in the world right now is Sergio Ramos without doubt."⠀

:de: Thomas Muller: "He’s won 3 UCL’s in 4 years, so I think Sergio Ramos is one top level defender in world."⠀

The only captain that won back to back to back UEFA Champions League. He has 24 career trophies. He won everything. :fire:

Without any doubts, one of the best defenders of all-time. :clap::heart:

7 Likes

Mario Balotelli is buzzing to be back training with Italy :it:

6 Likes

:speaking_head: Ghanaian member of parliament Patrick Boamah has urged the nation to withdraw from their upcoming encounter with familiar foes Nigeria in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers. :eyes:

#GOALNews

9 Likes

Former Indian footballer dies at 72

Subhas Bhowmick, popularly known as ‘Bhombolda’ was hospitalised with diabetic problems and kidney ailments and died at around 3.30 am on Saturday, they said.

Bhowmick was a striker and played for East Bengal and Mohun Bagan and represented India in several international tournaments.

He was a successful football coach and had coached clubs like East Bengal, Mohun Bagan, Mohammedan Sporting, Salgaocar and Churchill Brothers.

10 Likes

When Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland was asked who would make the cut in his top team, but to everyone’s surprise he left out Portuguese legend Cristiano Ronaldo!

The Norwegian attacker told Sky Sports : “That’s a good question but I think you would have to say Lewandowski number one, then you have, for me, Benzema has also been amazing, but Messi has also been outstanding - so Benzema and Messi in shared second and third place.”

16 Likes

Erling Haaland is learning from Jamie Vardy :handshake:

15 Likes