⚽ General Football News 2021-22 Season- Open Thread

Egypt will face Senegal in the World Cup qualifiers.

One of Liverpool’s African duo won’t be going to the World Cup :astonished::broken_heart:

10 Likes

Josh Sargent was feeling the love :us::heart:

9 Likes

Things Jose Mourinho said 3 years ago:

• Pogba is a virus, not a team player. Prefers to
    use his Rolls Royce instead of the team coach.
  • Martial is lazy and needs to be sold
  • Rashford cannot be Man United’s main striker
  • Luke Shaw doesn’t use his head

All those things have been proved right now… and Man United sacked Mourinho.

One of the best visionaries of football.

10 Likes

Ajax in all competitions so far this season:

• 92 goals scored
• 9 goals conceded

This is INSANE. :fire::fire:

10 Likes

Karim Benzema:

“When Cristiano Ronaldo played for Real Madrid, he scored 50 to 60 goals a year. So, My moves were to give him an advantage on the field, generate spaces, because I exchanged the ball well in the opponent’s area. He was much more effective than I was.

When he left, what changed was that I took on his responsibilities to score goals and assist the rest of teammates. I don’t play like Cristiano Ronaldo and he doesn’t play like Benzema.

Nobody said they had to give him (Ronaldo) the ball. I played for him, because he scored twice as many goals. My way of playing did not become more natural with his departure. At that time I created more and he finished. Now, create and finish."

9 Likes

:newspaper: According to reports, Mario Balotelli is set to return to the Italian National team for the first time since 2018.

He’s back.

:it:

8 Likes

:speaking_head: Zlatan Ibrahimovic to l’Equipe:

“Normally, at 40, you’re at home, you light up a cigar and you’re satisfied with the career you’ve had.

“I’m not ready to smoke a cigar yet.”

12 Likes

Covid-hit India women’s football team forced out of Asian Cup

India prepared for more than two years for the Asian Cup with preparatory tours in Europe, Asia and South America.

Following several positive cases of Covid-19, India fail of Covid - 19 India failed to name the required minimum of 13 players for the Group A match against Chinese Taipei. The Asian Football Confederation said in a statement “ In accordance to Article 4.1 a team unable to field 13 players is held responsible for the match not taking place and shall be considered to have withdrawn from the relevant competition.”

16 Likes

Sergio Ramos has the same number of Ligue 1 goals for PSG as Lionel Messi :eyes:

13 Likes

Thomas Tuchel is elite :facepunch:

(h/t Tunnykvng/Twitter)

14 Likes

:black_small_square: 5 goals vs 𝐍𝐞𝐮𝐞𝐫’s Bayern Munich
:black_small_square: 3 goals vs 𝐎𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐤’s Atletico Madrid
:black_small_square: 2 goals vs 𝐁𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐧’s Juventus

𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐑𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐨’s 2016/17 Champions League knockout run will never be matched! :crown::fire:

13 Likes

Spain between 2008 & 2012 was on another level :muscle:

:trophy: 2008: 𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐎 𝐂𝐮𝐩 winners
:trophy: 2010: 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐀 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐩 winners
:trophy: 2012: 𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐎 𝐂𝐮𝐩 winners
:four: year hold on world football :100:

14 Likes

Bob Marley’s family have collaborated with Bohemians for the Irish side’s latest away kit :ireland: :jamaica:

Marley’s last outdoor concert was at Bohemians’ Dalymount Park stadium in Dublin.

15 Likes

Andreas iniesta completed football at the age of 31

17 Likes

OFFICIAL: Mario Balotelli is back in the Italian national team for the first time since 2018 :it:

14 Likes

The best strikers of their generation? :crown:

17 Likes

Pep Guardiola and Lionel Messi was the most lethal partnership in football history.

Messi scored 211 goals in 219 games, provided 97 assists and won 4 Ballons d’Or.

In this time, Pep Guardiola also conjured up 14 Major trophies and 19 individual manager awards.

17 Likes

Two arrested after Rudiger gets hit by objects

The incident occurred in the 73rd minute when play was suspended after it appeared a lighter among other items were aimed at Rudiger from the section containing Spurs supporters, prompting captain Cesar Azpilicueta to shout in the direction of the fans.

“Two men have been arrested on suspicion of throwing objects from the stands during the Chelsea versus Tottenham Hotspurs match at Stamford Bridge,” a spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said.

“They have been taken into custody. Inquiries, in conjunction with Chelsea FC and Tottenham Hotspur FC, are ongoing to identify anyone else involved in throwing objects during the match.”

17 Likes

Notables Records in football

17 Likes

Neymar reveals in his new Netflix documentary how he receives criticism :bat:

19 Likes