Do you think Paul Pogba has failed to live up to the hype?

Paul Pogba is one of the finest midfielders in the world and has shown why at Manchester United. Pogba’s future remains a major talking point, especially after reports emerged that Ole Gunnar’s side will accept a reduced fee for the frenchman, as claimed by Spanish Publication AS.

Italian outlet Calciomercato have also reportedly stated that Pogba “wants to put himself under the command of Zidane from next season” and has managed to get Man Utd to lower his price to 60 million euros.

Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 3.43.29 PM

Real Madrid are once again said to be the club interested. The Paul Pogba to Real Madrid transfer links have once again resurfaced, with reports emerging that Man United have lowered their asking price for the midfielder to just £53 million (€60m).

It has been reported that the United board are now eager to sell Pogba next summer because of his inconsistent performances. The price tag for Pogba is likely to be about £53m, which is almost half of what United paid (€105 million; £89.3 million) to sign him. With his age and contract, his value will only be highest next summer, thus if the club wants to sell him, next summer should be a great time.

Which do you think his next club should be?

16 Likes

Pogba has certainly deteriorated his level of play in Manchester United as compared to his stint in Juventus or for that matter even take the France National team. He has been consistently losing possession and doesnt seem to love what’s he’s doing on field. Ole however gave him enough chances this season but he has just given up on improvement and that’s the reason he hasnt been starting in the playing 11. Pogba’s style of play is very much different and doesnt match Ole’s ‘Park the bus’ style of play.

Real have had their targets set on Pogba from the last transfer. Zidane wants him in the squad next summer and with Pogba’s current form, this deal should be a win win situation for the Los Blancos. They could well take the most expensive player in Manchester United history to come to Santiago at just a mediocre value.

10 Likes

Has he become the Gareth Bale at Real Madrid!?

I guess a move to different club could be best for both Pogba and Man United. Bale’s move to Spurs seemed to have revived passion and energy in him and looks to be going strong for the club too.

14 Likes

Yes, in my opinion Pogba’s performance has gone down ever since he returned to Man United in 2016. In the 2016 season, Jose Mourinho was the manager of the English side. Since then Pogba and Mourinho had a bad relationship. As a result Pogba lost his passion to play for Man Utd. So, even after Mourinho got sacked Pogba has not been very keen to play.

I think it is best for Pogba to join French legend Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid. This I believe will help Pogba re-discover his passion for the game and will also bring out Real Madrid’s best form. Even Paul wants to join the catalan club and participate in the spanish league.

13 Likes

Yes a similar case. If you just look at his performance in the last World cup you’ll see how good he is in midfield for France. For ManU he’s just the opposite. That’s the reason why under Ole, Pogba hasn’t got a chance to play the full 90 mins.

I’m personally disappointed by Pogba, coz I’ve seen how good he was for Juventus & also in FIFA 2020 :smiley:

8 Likes

Never Forget the Brilliance of Paul Pogba…

In this video you can see the brilliance of Paul Pogba for Juventus. The French man had some incredible performances in Serie A! One of the most talented midfielders in the world, despite the criticism he suffers at Old Trafford.

8 Likes

France manager Didier Deschamps shares his thoughts on Paul Pogba Eyes.

11 Likes

Besides showing momentary flashes of brilliance, Paul Pogba’s return to Manchester United have been underwhelming, to say the least. Once touted as one of the best midfielders in the world, the Frenchman has flattered to deceive at Old Trafford. Frist under Jose Mourinho and then under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Pogba is yet to justify the £89.3 million Manchester United paid to bring him back from Juventus. He is talented no doubt, but question marks still linger over his temperament. He is yet to score a goal or provide an assist in the seven Premier League matches he has played so far this season. Real Madrid and Juventus have been linked with the World Cup winner, but it remains to be seen if clubs can afford him in these COVID-stricken times. Until and unless Pogba has another decent campaign under his belt, it’s safe to say that the hype surrounding him is over, at least for now. One wouldn’t normally count Pogba when naming the top 10 footballers now - that’s how hard his fall from grace has been.

13 Likes

Paul Labille Pogba has been going back this days… Because talking about Pogba his a player that was full of creativity and high skill on the pitch, his fans are waiting for the best from him and Manchester United as a whole… But I know that he will soon be back to his form and he will make sure he convinced his his fan and bring out his best

11 Likes

Paul Pogba is a prodigiously talented football player. There’s no doubt about that. At Juventus he was the engine room of a super talented team who ripped up their domestic league for years on end. On his day, he has the ability to be the best midfielder in the English Premier League and perhaps even the whole world.

At Manchester United, though, those days have been few and far between, and they may no longer come at all.

His stint at Manchester United has been overshadowed by inconsistencies on his own part and more so, bad management and injuries has also played it’s part.

However, he sure has had his good moments with the club but he’s yet to fully reach the potential we all saw in him at Juventus and therefore in my honest opinion, has so far failed to live up to expectations at Manchester United.

10 Likes

In terms of technical ability, chance creation, and physicality he is amazing. However, he still needs to work on his decision making, ability to control a game and dictate the tempo. His finishing and defense is also not up to the mark. Pogba is very good no doubt, but may be not close to world class yet!

6 Likes