Can Manchester United overturn the deficit against Barcelona?

1-0 down isn’t exactly the toughest result to overturn but Camp Nou has been a fortress for quite some time now.

Barcelona are unbeaten in 30 UEFA Champions League home matches, a run that started in September 2013 (W27 D3).

Considering the defensive frailties Manchester United have, can they really contain the likes of Messi and Suarez?

4 Likes

No. Never. I am a Manchester United fan and i agree that they were riding high on for a while but if you look at their last few matches, the intensity has dropped. Pogba and rashford have lost their subline touch. Juan mata and alexis Sanchez are nothing more than peripheral figures. Team looks very slim on paper… Other than that luke shaw is also set to miss the next leg due to suspension which would mean young on left back and dalot on rb. Lukaku is making the team slow, momentum has slipped away. So in short i dont see any chance of United turning this one around. Maybe next year Europa league would be there best chance to knock back at champions league

3 Likes

I don’t think top four is beyond them just yet. So Europa talk is premature.

If they win the Manchester derby, they will have a good chance. Especially because City will need to beat Spurs in the league if they want to stay in touch with us. Also, who knows…we (Liverpool) might just beat Chelsea tomorrow.

1 Like