Can Dale Steyn really make a difference for RCB?

RCB have been abysmal and nobody needs a game changer quite like them right now.

Dale Steyn has replaced the injured Coulter-Nile in the squad. Can he make a telling difference?

Here are some of his latest stats.

He has played 4 ODIs in 2019 - 1/32, 1-51, 0-26, 2-43. || 2 T20s - 2-34, 1-25. All of those games were against Sri Lanka or Pakistan.

3 Likes

No he won’t. He can’t plug all the holes in their team. He can’t bat, he is not the same death bowler he once was and if you look at rcb’s overseas players
ABD
MOEEN ALI
MARCUS STOINIS
CDG/SHIMRAN HETMAYER/TIM SOUTHEE/DALE STEYN

so i don’t even know how many games would he play. I don’t see them qualifying for the playoffs as it would need them to win 8 out of 8 which would be tremendous achievement in itself. However, such a feat has never been achieved so would be difficult to emulate.
I don’t know if they would play steyn or not, however for kohli’s confidence let us pray that rcb wins atleast 6-7 of their remaining games

1 Like

Agree. Getting Steyn might give the other players a lift in terms of morale but i don’t see him making much of an impact other than that.

1 Like