Breaking News - Spurs sack Mauricio Pochettino! What led to this decision?

Pochettino was sacked yesterday, six months after he led the club to the Champions League final and after five years in charge.

What led to Pochettino’s firing? And who do you think will be the next Spurs manager?

8 Likes

Not only Pochettino but also his assistant Jesus Perez and the rest of his backroom staff have also been relieved of their duties.

Reasons for firing:

• Disappointing domestic results at the end of last season and start of this season - Spurs have won only 3 of their opening 12 Premier League games this season and are in 14th spot.
2019-2020: 14th Spot
2018-2019: 4th Spot
2017-2018: 3rd Spot
2016-2017: 2nd Spot
2015-2016: 3rd Spot
2014-2015: 5th Spot
  • Champions League - Thrashed 7-2 by Bayern Munich

• Knocked out of the League Cup by fourth-tier Colchester United

6 Likes

He helped the club to punch massively above their weight for years.

Many fans think that Poch had done enough to get a chance to turn it around in the first sustained period of poor form during his time at the Club.

Spurs would have a tough task at hand of finding a better replacement.

P. S. Mourinho is expected to take over.

4 Likes

Jose Mourinho is in advanced talks to become Tottenham’s new manager and both parties believe a deal will be concluded by the morning, according to Sky Sports News.

4 Likes

@Yogesh Looks like your wish has been granted! José Mourinho has been appointed as Tottenham manager. Get ready for some action! :grinning:

Jose-Mourinho-Spurs-New-Manager

Sacked at United - Hired at Spurs! Amazing dynamics at play. It will be interesting to see if he manages to turn the tables and land Spurs again in the top 4.

Jose Mourinho: “I am excited to be joining a club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters,” he said. “The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me.”

6 Likes

Dele Alli sends message to former boss.

5 Likes

Good luck Mourinho!!

Tweet%202

Tweet%201

7 Likes