Best Badminton Moments in the History

P.V. Sindhu became the first Indian to win the badminton World Championships by beating familiar rival Nozomi Okuhara of Japan in a lop-sided final in Basel. The Olympic silver-medallist Indian was in total control as she won 21-7, 21-7 in a match that lasted just 38 minutes .
Sindhu was robbed off the gold by Okuhara in an epic 110-minute final at Glasgow that is considered one of the greatest battles in badminton history. The Indian exorcised the ghosts of that heart-wrenching loss with a completely dominating win over the same opponent.

Sindhu lifts world championship title

“Last time, I lost in the final, before that also I lost in the final, so it is a very important win for me. I want to thank the crowd for supporting me. I won it for my country and I am very proud being an Indian,” Sindhu said after the match.

“A big thanks to my coach Kim and Gopi sir and my supporting staff and I dedicate this win to my mom, it’s her birthday today,” she added.

7 Likes

Although Sindhu lost to Okuhara in 2017 World Championship in Glasgow, the 73 shots rally between the two that Sindhu won will long be remembered. This rally is counted among the most striking moment in greatest matches of all time.

Okuhara vs Sindhu 73 shot rally World Championship 2017

6 Likes

Yes,India’s pride ,:+1:
A champion who brought home a gold and lots of glory!

2 Likes