🇦🇺 AUS Vs IND T20I Series Match Previews, Results & Discussions - 2020-21 Tour

Team India set to break Paksitan’s big T20I record

A win for India today will not only help India bag the three-match series but it will also extend their winning streak in T20Is to 10 games thus breaking rivals Pakistan’s record, who won nine T20I games on a trot in 2018.

Team India are yet to lose a T20I in last 12 months with their first win going back to December 2019 against West Indies in Mumbai. In 2020, the first T20I series that India played was with Sri Lanka at home. The first game of the 3-match series was abandoned due to rain in Guwahati, while India won the other two games in Indore and Pune and sealed the series 2-0.

After that on the tour of New Zealand, India completed a 5-0 white-wash of the hosts with two of the matches being won in a Super Over. The win on Friday was their 9th consecutive one.

Overall, Afghanistan holds the record of the most consecutive wins in T20Is – having won 12 T20Is on trot from 2018 to 2019. They also hold the second spot in the list with 11 consecutive T20I wins from 2016 to 2017.

However, if India clean sweep Australia in the ongoing T20I series then they will equal Afghanistan’s 11-straight win record and also jump to the second spot in ICC T20I rankings.

13 Likes

India vs Australia 2nd T20I Preview by RJ Raunak aka Bauaa.

Raunak has a witty spin to his previews and reviews. Although this particular is not as impressive yet worth a tickle to mind! :smile:

12 Likes

INDIA WIN by 6 wickets and clinch the T20I series 2-0.

Hardik Pandya seals it for Team India —Winning in style! :star_struck:

Put in to bat, Australia scored a challenging 194 for 5 with skipper Matthew Wade top-scoring with a quick-fire 32-ball 58 while Steve Smith contributed 46 off 38 balls.

India chased down the target in 19.4 overs overs with Hardik Pandya remaining not out on 42 off just 22 balls. Shikhar Dhawan contributed 52 while captain Virat Kohli made 40. India had won the first T20I by 11 runs in Canberra on Friday. The inconsequential third T20I will be played here on Tuesday.

Full Scorecard

15 Likes

Record - Kohli!

Virat Kohli as captain has won the T20 series in:
Australia
England
New Zealand
& South Africa

First Indian captain to achieve this. :raised_hands:

14 Likes

Highest successful run chases in Australia (T20I)

• 198 Ind vs Aus SCG 2016
  • 195 Ind vs Aus SCG 2020*
  • 174 SL vs Aus Geelong 2017
  • 169 SL vs Aus MCG 2017
12 Likes

Hardik’s match-winning knock earns him Player of the Match honours! :fire: :fire:

14 Likes

Most 190+ chase in T20Is:

7 India
5 England
4 Australia
3 West Indies
2 South Africa

8 Likes

Pandya’s power seals series win for India with epic chase | Dettol T20I Series 2020

14 Likes

Kohli impersonates ABdV with flicked six over fine leg | Dettol T20I Series 2020

Virat Kohli has picked up a few tricks from his IPL teammate AB de Villiers, lifting a shot straight out of the the South African great’s playbook with a flick for six that sailed over the fine leg fence.

15 Likes

Yes, Suresh Raina had won India the series with a last ball four in a similar manner 4 years ago.

10 Likes

An interesting Stat TitBit:

• India without Natarajan lost all the games to Australia in this tour

• Australia without Warner lost all the games to India in this tour

14 Likes

IND vs AUS 3rd T20I

Having sealed the series 2-0 on Sunday, Team India will look to clean sweep the three-match series 3-0 with a win today.

India would look to carry on their winning momentum that has seen them taste success in each of their last 10 completed T20Is overseas. Incidentally, India have another record to defend: They’ve never lost a T20I in Sydney, having beaten Australia in all 3 matches.

10 Likes

Milestone Records for India

1st Milestone: ICC T20 Rankings Team

India is currently ranked third in the team rankings with 269 points. They are just a point behind the Aussies who are at the second place with 270 points.

If India manages to win on Tuesday, they will climb to the second position, overtaking Australia in the process. According to ICC’s Team Rankings Predictor, India will get two points for the win. Australia, on the other hand, will lose two points.

Currently England holds the No.1 spot in the shortest format of the game with 275 rating points in 25 matches.

2nd Milestone: Equal Afghanistan’s winning streak record

India on Sunday had surpassed Pakistan’s winning streak after extending its T20 unbeaten record to 10. They are now placed third in the list behind Afghanistan, who acquires both No.1 and 2 spot.

11 Likes

India wins the toss and has opted to bowl first. India is playing the same XI as the previous game.

EoswZOMVgAU1vD0

India won 3-0 in Australia in 2016 Can Virat Kohli’s men repeat the feat?

11 Likes

India chase 187 for series sweep

Matthew Wade (80) scored yet another 50+. Washington Sundar (2/34) was the most effective bowler for India, one of his two wickets being the one of skipper Aaron Finch who fell for a duck. Glenn Maxwell (54) launched an offensive with Wade in the later half of the innings. India did well in the last few overs as wickets fell and Australia were restricted to 186.

INDvAUS-3T20I-Scorecard

Full Scorecard

13 Likes

Natarajan this series:
1st T20I: 3/30
2nd T20I: 2/20
3rd T20I: 1/33
12 overs | Six wickets | ER 6.91 | SR 12.0

13 Likes

3rd T20I - Australia won by 12 runs, India wins series 2-1

Matthew Wade (80) and Glenn Maxwell (54) power Australia to 186/5 against India in the third and final T20I

Virat Kohli played a fine knock with an unbeaten 85 off 61 balls but the wicket of Hardik Pandya turned the match in favour of Australia as India’s unbeaten streak in the T20 comes to an end but they win the series.

13 Likes

Mitch Swepson is Player of the Match for his 3-23 (4)

11 Likes

Hardik Pandya is Player of the T20I Series

EotrBLpUUAAyM4C

13 Likes

Aussie paceman Daniel Sams looked to have spilled a routine outfield catch but remarkably snaffled his own fumble to spell the end of Shikhar Dhawan’s innings in the third T20I.

11 Likes