šŸ”µ Are Manchester City a better team without Erling Haaland?

Former Manchester City midfielder Didi Hamann has declared the Sky Blues were a ā€œbetter teamā€ before signing Erling Haaland in a withering verdict on the out-of-sorts striker.

Haaland has netted 22 Premier League goals this season and has been widely tipped to break the long standing Premier League record for most league goals in a season. Despite this feat, Manchester city still find themselves 5 points below League Leaders Arsenal.

There has been a debate and discussions in recent weeks about him weakening and limiting Pep Guardiolaā€™s side.

What are your thoughts on this? Share your views and join the discussion.

13 Likes

My take on this

Manchester City have won trophies and dominated domestically and in Europe because they work as a team, Haaland doesnā€™t fit into the ā€˜teamā€™ aspect.
Finishing, fantastic, but heā€™s not in games when oppositions cuts off ball supplies to him from midfield and that limits Manchester City as a team.

10 Likes

Guardiola has insisted he is not worried about the Norwegian.

ā€œWe have played really good with him, so it is not about that. To play better, to create more chances, is to provide more balls for him or the other strikers. This is what we have to work with,ā€ the City boss said of Haaland, 22.

ā€œOur fluidity has not been as good as usual. When we play good it is because of tactical reasons and when we donā€™t play good it is tactical reasons. I have the duty to find the solution to that. It is not a mentality reason.ā€

10 Likes

From my own perspective

After Kun Aguero left the club,pep has been winning tittles without a central forward,as a matter of fact,it gets to a point that Manchester city started playing matches and with a false number 9 which means pep Guadiola does not really need a striker in other to win matches.

Pep tactical options are more than enough for him to win matches with or without Erling Haaland and so I believe Pepā€™s team can much more do what they are good at which is winning matches even without a striker.

12 Likes

My own idea

Manchester city have been performing well years back before the arrival of the goal machine Haaland, past strikers like kun aguero and other strikers did great in the team, last season Manchester city won the premier league with ease without Erling Haaland, I can say boldly Manchester city is a better team without
Haaland.

9 Likes