Any Thoughts About The Celebration after Ravi Ashwin's Wick? Coming from an Indian Captain!

Cricket is known for its gratitude, actions and verbal slangs are part and parcel of the game but those should have a boundary too. Don’t you think so? After all, Cricket is known as ‘gentlemen’s game’ and we are bestowed to have witnessed captains like Kapil Dev, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid maintaining the dignity and the baton is well carried forward by MS Dhoni who we hardly see in any brawl. Virat & Ashwin’s cold war is open to all from quite few games.
My only question in this forum is… Is this much of aggression actually needed? Shouldn’t the energy be utilised in managing the spirit of the team rather than missing a catch? Isn’t Captain Kohli coming into bad light in the sight of few actual cricketing fans? Who just want a nail biting ending and good overall cricket?
Eventually Cricket turning filthy is the last thing we would want to watch on our Idiot Box.

Will messing up with Captain Kohli cost Ravi Ashwin his place back into the Indian Squad in future?
rko

12 Likes

Hopefully He will change one day. But we may not see the same Virat what he is today.
Let him be aggressive.He is not abusing personally. It’s aggression which comes automatically when u play games like cricket

10 Likes

For some reason, it’s become a trend these days to display a macho attitude and aggressiveness in the game. I think a cool and calm demeanor even under pressure can prove to be more lethal to the opponent team and is well liked by the fans too. MS Dhoni, Dravid, Tendulkar and Kapil Dev are great examples. Federer is another great personality who went from Mr. Angry to Mr. Perfect - Iceman after he gained control over his temper tantrums back in 1999-2000.

We can also see this composed behavior in GMs and chess players who are masters at concealing the tension, putting forth a calm look while reading the opponent’s move to win games.

May be but hope not. Let’s hope professionalism prevails over trivial antics. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I understand the type of behavior kohli has as a aggressive player but that does not necessarily means that he does not take his profession into account when making important decisions. I think that he is a good sportsperson who takes into account a bigger picture rather than minute, internal problems.

12 Likes

Someone on twitter suggested that the anger was directed towards Ashwin but Yadav. But, We can see Kohli doing mock mankanding.

I don’t know why he is so angry? Ashwin didn’t do it against him or his team. Such kind of behavior doesn’t suit an International Captain or A player of his caliber. Disappointing on his part. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes