🚨 Anthony Matteus: Another Manchester United winger accused of domestic violence

Manchester United’s woes continue off-field after their loss to Arsenal as explicit details and evidence of alleged abuse by Brazilian winger Antony Matheus dos Santos aka Antony on his then-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin while she was pregnant.

In an interview with Brazilian outlet UOL, she detailed abuse suffered at Antony’s hands including an incident where a glass thrown by the footballer caused a cut so deep that her bone was exposed.

The Brazil National team has suspended Anthony while we await what decisions will be taken by Manchester United.

What are your thoughts about this saga involving another Manchester United player?

15 Likes

Brazilian federation official statement on Antony dropped after investigation :brazil:

“In order to safeguard the alleged victim, the player, the Brazilian national team and the CBF, the organization informs that Antony has been removed from the Brazilian national team”.

9 Likes

New evidence has reportedly emerged in the domestic abuse allegations being made against Manchester United winger Antony by the Brazilian player’s former partner.

It had previously been reported that Antony’s ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin was preparing to file a report with UK police, and it seems some of the new evidence has emerged.

See this tweet below from Brazilian media, which shows incriminating WhatsApp chats that seem to show threatening messages from Antony, as well as alleged images of Cavallin with wounds on her head and hands…

11 Likes

It seems this story is not going away, though it remains to be seen what legal action will eventually end up being taken.

Mason Greenwood, another United player, was also facing very serious accusations against him before the charges were dropped.

The former Red Devils forward has just left the club for a loan move to Getafe and seems unlikely to play for MUFC ever again.

13 Likes

January 30, 2022
Greenwood was suspended for this same thing and Antony was bought to replace him in that position.

September 2023
Antony is going to face suspension for the same thing that made United to buy him.

The RW position at Manchester United is now on a curse. Who’s next??

12 Likes

:rotating_light: Manchester United have so far resisted calls from domestic abuse charities to suspend Antony. :brazil:

(Source: @TelegraphDucker)

10 Likes

Manchester United have released a statement after police confirmed they are investigating allegations that Antony assaulted and threatened ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin:

“As a club we are taking this matter seriously, with consideration of the impact of these allegations and subsequent reporting will have on survivors of abuse.”

11 Likes

:rotating_light: Manchester United have confirmed that a member of staff arranged for a private doctor to visit Cavallin at Antony’s request, but denied that she was treated by any of the club’s medical staff.

It’s understood to be common for United’s welfare team to arrange for doctors to see partners and family members of players.

(Source: @ChrisWheelerDM)

11 Likes

:rotating_light: Antony’s sponsors, Puma, have declined to comment on the domestic abuse allegations when approached.

[Source: @TheAthleticFC]

11 Likes

:rotating_light: Brazilian newspaper @jornalextra found that the accusations against Antony by Gabriela Cavallin are not the first. A police report from May 2022, filed by Rayssa de Freitas, also describes violent behavior by the Manchester United player.

(Source: @LucasSposito_)

10 Likes

Manchester United winger Antony has not been able to live up to the expectations since his big-money move to Old Trafford.

the 23-year-old is currently embroiled in non-sporting problems and he has been given some time off to sort out his issues.

A report from Fichajes claims that Manchester United could now look to cash in on the player.

The transfer window will reopen in January and it remains to be seen whether Manchester United decide to sell the player. Alternatively, they could look to loan him out so that he can get regular first-team action and regain his form and confidence.

The Red Devils will be aware of the fact that they will not be able to recoup the kind of money they paid for the Brazilian and it remains to be seen whether they decide to cut their losses on him.

9 Likes

:rotating_light: Another woman, Ingrid Lana has claimed in a television interview that Antony invited her to his house and pushed her against a wall which led to banging her head.

:speaking_head: “He tried to have a relationship with me and I didn’t want to,” Lana claimed in the interview.

:speaking_head: “He pushed me against the wall and I hit my head. My purpose was just business. Arriving there at his invitation, I realised he had ulterior motives.”

(Source: @SkySports)

10 Likes

Manchester United star Antony has apparently spoken out after being accused of assault by his ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin.

It was previously reported that Cavallin’s representatives have compiled a comprehensive 70-page report detailing her alleged experiences during her relationship with the Brazilian player.

Lawyer Vanessa Souza mentioned that Antony could potentially be held accountable for three different crimes in England, including sending threatening messages, locking her in the house, and domestic violence causing injuries.

Anthony himself has seemingly spoken out regarding the accusations. The quotes are doing the rounds on social media with several accounts posting on X.

Regarding the incident, he allegedly said:

“I wanted to go and told her that I had obligations and had to go, so she took plates and cups and threw them on the ground and I grabbed her in order to calm her down and I didn’t hurt her.”

“This is something that never occurred to me. I know the truth will come out.”

9 Likes

:rotating_light: 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆: Antony replies for first time to accusations as investigation continue :red_circle::brazil:

:speaking_head: Antony spoke to Brazilian tv Primeiro Impacto.

◉ “I do not support violence against women ever. It’s totally wrong, 100 per cent wrong. I have a mother, a sister, and I would never want this to happen to them”.

◉ “Hitting a woman is something that doesn’t cross my mind. I know the truth will come out and it will show up. I know there are a lot of people butchering me, but the truth comes out”.

◉ “Brazil excluding me? It was hard. I felt really bad because it was for something that wasn’t true”.

◉ “I never touched that girl. I’m never going to headbutt a person. I’m 100% sure I’ve never touched a woman. And I’ll come up with the evidence. People will see the truth. I’m sure I’ve never committed physical violence”.

7 Likes

:rotating_light: BREAKING: Antony statement.

“I have agreed with Manchester United to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me”.

“I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police”.

9 Likes

:rotating_light: Manchester United have placed Anthony on a leave of absence amid ongoing allegations of abuse. Both the club and player have released statements on the matter :arrow_down:

:speaking_head: Manchester United: “Man United acknowledge the allegations made against Antony. He will delay his return to the club until further notice in order to address the allegations. As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse."

:speaking_head: Antony: “I have agreed with United to take a period of absence, while I address the allegations made against me. This was a mutual decision. I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police.”

9 Likes

Antony statement on his situation :iphone:

“I talked to Ingrid on WhatsApp. When she went to Portugal to attend her cousin’s birthday, she asked to come here to Manchester to meet me, with a clear intention of meeting me intimately, including asking me if I preferred red or white lingerie. I bought a ticket and booked a hotel for her. In fact, I met her at the mentioned hotel and we had an intimate and consensual encounter. Although she insisted that we meet again for another intimate encounter, due to scheduling issues I was unable to see her again, as she returned to Brazil. Since then, I have never met her again. All of this that I narrate now is undoubtedly proven in the WhatsApp messages, which I just do not publish in full to preserve the right to privacy. However, I will make available the appropriate channels, if necessary, to prove my innocence, as well as to propose the competent reparatory action and request for investigation”.

9 Likes

:studio_microphone: Antony on Instagram: “I wouldn’t like to, but I am being forced to publish a small part of the whatsapp conversations with Ingrid, which proves that we have only had one date, intimate and consensual. This issue with this impostor will be resolved in justice.”

10 Likes

:rotating_light: One of the three women to accuse Antony of violent behaviour has dropped their case against the Manchester United winger.

(Source: @MailSport)

11 Likes

Manchester United announce Antony will return to training with the squad and be available for selection “while police inquiries proceed” into allegations of the player’s violence against women

10 Likes