🎾 2021 Wimbledon - 28 June to 11 July - Open Discussion, News and Daily Updates

A Championship to remember!

Karolina Pliskova :clap: :clap:

8 Likes

Indian-American Samir Banerjee Enters Junior Men’s Singles Final

Samir Banerjee defeated Sascha Gueymard Wayenburg 7-6, 4-6, 6-2 to reach the Wimbledon Junior men’s singles Final. He will be facing Victor Lilov for the title.

10 Likes

Congratulations Barty! :trophy: :confetti_ball:

It’s 50 years since Evonne Goolagong won her first Wimbledon title. Before this year’s tournament, Ash Barty said she hoped she could make her proud. She did. :heart:

Barty-Wimbledon

9 Likes

Ashleigh Barty Wins Ladies’ Singles Title | Wimbledon 2021

16 Likes

2021 Champion Ashleigh Barty’s Victory Climb | Wimbledon 2021

17 Likes

Novak Djokovic and Matteo Berrettini set for men’s final

Venue: All England Club Date: 11 July Time: 14:00 BST / 18:30 IST

18 Likes

Serbia’s Djokovic, 34, faces Italy’s Matteo Berrettini. Djokovic is going for a third Grand Slam of the year, having already won the Australian Open and French Open titles.

7th seed Berrettini, 25, is playing in his first Grand Slam final.

Djokovic has won both of his previous matches against Berrettini, at the 2019 ATP Finals and last month’s French Open

14 Likes

An important factor will be whether Berrettini can handle the occasion of playing his first major final against an opponent who is taking part in his 30th.

Berrettini has a 32-6 win-loss record in 2021, boosted by having won all 11 of his matches on the British grass courts.

Before coming to the All England Club, Berrettini won the title on his Queen’s debut and is aiming to become the eighth player to complete the London double.

“It is going to hard for Berrettini to handle the nerves. We saw that in the women’s final with Pliskova, it is tough,” said McEnroe.

"But he knows his best tennis is on grass and needs to let it all hang out.

“I think he will win at least a set, but I wouldn’t pick him to win the match.”

22 Likes

Djokovic has made no secret of the fact he is motivated by creating history, having already spent more weeks as world number one than any other man and now targeting the most major titles.

When Djokovic won his first major at the 2008 Australian Open, Federer - who is almost six years older than the Serb - had claimed 12 of his 20 majors.

Now, Djokovic has the opportunity to move level with Federer - and Rafael Nadal, who caught up with the Swiss at last year’s French Open - for the first time.

21 Likes

On whether he will receive the support of the Centre Court crowd, Djokovic said: "Berrettini is kind of an underdog.

"People also like to see someone win who is an underdog or is not maybe expected to win, is not the favourite to win.

“But hopefully people can also recognise also the importance of this match for me, the history that is on the line.”

Men’s Tennis: Players with the Most Grand Slam Tournaments Won - Singles

Player Total
Roger Federer 20
Rafael Nadal 20
Novak Djokovic 19
Pete Sampras 14

I agree with Djokovic- fans like to root for underdogs and will want Berrettini to win. Normally, even I support underdogs but today I would want Djokovic to win as history is on the line! :crossed_fingers: :v:

23 Likes

A first Wimbledon! :trophy:

Joachim Gerard is crowned the 2021 men’s wheelchair singles champion after beating Gordon Reid. :clap: :clap:

Wheelchair-champion

17 Likes

Australia’s Dylan Alcott is a two-time Wimbledon singles champion! :clap: :clap:

Dylan collected his 14th major trophy by beating Dutchman Sam Schroder in the Quad Wheelchair Singles final.

The world No.1 was in control throughout his 67-minute 6-2, 6-2 victory to pick up the third leg of what could become a ‘Golden’ Slam in 2021.

21 Likes

Toss Time - Special Moments! :heart:

13-year-old Sean Seresinhe performed the coin toss at the Gentlemen’s Singles Final representing youth mental health charity Off the Record Youth Counselling.

14 Likes

:us: Indian-American Samir Banerjee wins his first junior Grand Slam singles title :trophy: :clap:

Samir defeated Victor Lilov 7-5, 6-3 in the final.

16 Likes

Novak Djokovic wins sixth Wimbledon crown for record-tying 20th Grand Slam :trophy: :confetti_ball:

Way to go Champion! :heart_eyes:

You’ve come a long way! :raised_hands:

Novak Djokovic bounced back from a first-set wobble to win 6-7, 6-4, 6-4, 6-3 against Matteo Berrettini in the Wimbledon men’s singles final at the All England Club.

14 Likes

“I was a seven year-old boy in Serbia, constructing Wimbledon trophies from improvised materials that I could find in my room. To be standing with a sixth Wimbledon [title] is incredible.”

An incredible run! GOAT :goat: :raised_hands:

E6CA-UjXoAQNIlB

11 Likes

:it: Berrettini - What an amazing run! :clap: :clap:

You have won our hearts. You gave a tough fight. :+1:

As you rightly said this is just the beginning…

You have all what it takes to challenge the Big 3! Hoping to see you more often…:heart:

E6B8hdvXEAMJsF6

12 Likes

The moment history was made on Centre Court, as Novak Djokovic clinched the 2021 Gentlemen’s Singles at Wimbledon - and matched the all-time record of 20 Grand Slam men’s singles title.

12 Likes