🏆 2021 Champions League Final: Man City vs Chelsea- News, Previews, Stats, Live Updates & Discussions

In European competition, Chelsea and Manchester City’s only previous meetings came in the 1970-71 Cup Winners’ Cup semi-final - Chelsea won both legs 1-0 to progress to the final, where they beat Real Madrid after a replay.

11 Likes

Manchester City are the ninth different English team to reach a European Cup/UEFA Champions League final, at least three more than any other nation (Germany & Italy, 6). However, only one of the last 10 teams competing in their first final have won, with Borussia Dortmund winning 3-1 against Juventus in 1997. The last English team to win their first final was Aston Villa in 1982 against Bayern Munich.

13 Likes

This is the third year running a team will play in the European Cup/Champions League final for the first time (Tottenham in 2019, PSG in 2020, Manchester City in 2021). This is the first time there has been a maiden finalist in three consecutive years since 1986 - 1988 (Steaua Bucharest, FC Porto, PSV).

10 Likes

Both Chelsea and Manchester City have conceded just four goals in this season’s UEFA Champions League; the first time both teams competing in the final have conceded four or fewer goals on their way to reaching the showpiece event since 2005-06, when Arsenal conceded two and Barcelona four before meeting in that season’s final.

11 Likes

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is looking to win his third UEFA Champions League trophy, having won it in 2009 and 2011 with Barcelona. He would become only the third manager to win the title three times, along with Carlo Ancelotti (2003, 2007, 2014) and Zinedine Zidane (2016, 2017, 2018).

7 Likes

Hmmm…This is a difficult one! :cold_sweat:

:large_blue_circle: I would like to see Man City lift the trophy but I want it for Chelsea too, more so for Tuchel.

I am quite impressed to see the way Tuchel has turned around the destiny for Chelsea and I feel the UCL title will be the penultimate achievement to his managerial skills.

Going with my instinct to root for the underdogs, I will be thrilled to see Chelsea win the title. :star_struck:

Man City win will be equally celebrated! :partying_face:

:large_blue_circle: :crossed_swords: :large_blue_circle: May the best team win tonight! :trophy: :+1: :v:

14 Likes

Having also led PSG to the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League final, Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel is the first manager to reach the European Cup/Champions League final in consecutive seasons with different clubs. Tuchel could be the third manager to lose a final in consecutive seasons, after Marcello Lippi (1997 & 1998, Juventus) and Héctor Cúper (2000 & 2001, Valencia).

11 Likes

I’m gunning for my Team Chelsea football club! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After all the struggles and fluctuations in fortunes this season, the least we deserve is ending this season with the biggest trophy in European football!

14 Likes

UCL KickOff Times :alarm_clock:

7 Likes

Man City 1 - 0 Chelsea

Chelsea have had trouble scoring all season. Pulisic isn’t in very good form, and he is the one player who always causes them problems.

I think City will control the match and keep Chelsea at bay.

8 Likes

All-Time UCL STATS

11 Likes

Pep Guardiola on his daughter being pictured with Dele Alli in London:

“I will give my Champions League medal to my daughter if I win it, so she can share the experience with someone she loves who has never touched a medal.” :rofl: :joy: :joy:

E2jVUshWUAMEDs7

12 Likes

:large_blue_circle: Sergio Agüero. One last time… :raised_hands:

14 Likes

Foden vs Mount is a BIG key battle :point_down:

9 Likes

Most assists in a single Champions League final since 2002/03:

◉ Henrik Larsson (2)
◉ Marcelo (2)

14 Likes

Most chances created in a single Champions League final since 2002/03:

◉ Arjen Robben (8)
◉ Frank Lampard (8)
◎ Luka Modric (7)
◎ Jermaine Pennant (6)

12 Likes

Most take-ons completed in a single Champions League final since 2002/03:

◉ Ronaldinho (10)
◉ Lionel Messi (10)
◉ Lionel Messi (10
◎ Cristiano Ronaldo (8)
◎ Kaká (7)

14 Likes

9 - Manchester City are the ninth different English team to reach a European Cup/UEFA Champions League final; however, only one of the last 10 teams competing in their first final have won, with Borussia Dortmund beating Juventus in 1997.

9 Likes

4 - Both Chelsea and Manchester City have conceded just four goals in this season’s UEFA Champions League; the first time both finalists have conceded four or fewer goals on their way to reaching the showpiece event since 2005-06 (Arsenal and Barcelona).

9 Likes

Chelsea will win

In my opinion, if Chelsea wins it will be well deserved. They have performed exceptionally this season under the management of Tuchel.

9 Likes