🤔 Who will win the 2022 World Cup in Qatar?

32 countries from all over the world will be in Qatar for one of the sports’ most exciting events. The FIFA World Cup kicks off on November 21st.

Let’s discuss about the favorites to win the tournament in Qatar.

18 Likes

I’m picking Argentina :slightly_smiling_face:

The team’s defeat of Italy in the Cup of Champions in June, which resulted in a 3-0 victory for Messi and the Argentinians, serves as evidence that the chemistry between the midfield and attackers is at its peak right now. Having already gone 32 games without a loss, the South American team is now only five games away from the all-time record. Given that he has now played for more than half of his life, this would be Messi’s first World Cup championship and most certainly his final World Cup appearance. His expertise can be the motivating factor for Argentina to triumph at home, but the defensive lapse will probably occur if teams penetrate with pace, Argentina may struggle.

15 Likes

Brazil: (Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon)

Brazil are the favorite to win this year’s World Cup in Qatar. They are arguably the best team in the world right now. Brazil has won more World Cup titles than any other nation, winning it five times. The last they won in 2002 in Japan.

Gabriel Jesus, Neymar, and Vinicius Junior have all been having an exceptional season so far in their respective leagues. Brazil will be a terror going forward with the likes of Phillipe Coutinho, Lucas Paquetá, Rafinha, and Antony at their disposal.

While attack alone won’t win tournaments, under the management of Tito, Brazil has formed a strong spine as well, featuring Alisson, veteran Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Casemiro, and Fabinho.

Brazil looks all set to win this year’s World Cup in Qatar.

12 Likes

:brazil:If we go by the current world ranking and the predictions by many, Brazil is the favorite to win the 2022 World Cup. Brazil has the most enviable team with Neymar, Thiago Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Vinicius Jr., Richarlison, Firmino, Antony, Raphinha to name a few.

:argentina:However, I would love to back @Goodness your pick Argentina who are in great form with an unbeaten streak of 32 games. It would be great to see Messi lift the coveted trophy that has eluded him for long and Argentina since 1986 when they were led by the legendary Diego Maradona. :trophy::heart_eyes::goat:

I just hope Messi and team are able to handle the tremendous expectation and not sway to the pressure that they would be carrying coming into the tournament. :crossed_fingers:

:es: Spain, :fr: France, :belgium: Belgium, :black_flag: England understandably would be fierce in the title race. I would also like to see some dark horses like :senegal: Senegal, :cameroon: Cameroon and :netherlands: Netherlands spice up the title race (Disclaimer: Just personal picks I would love to see in the Semi-Finals).

17 Likes

For me,I’d say France
France was one of the four European teams that participated at the inaugural World Cup in 1930 and have appeared in 15 FIFA World Cups, tied for the sixth most of any country.The national team is one of eight to have won the FIFA World Cup title and one of only six to have done so more than once.
The French team won its first World Cup title in1998. The tournament was played on home soil and France defeated Brazil 3–0 in the final1998 FIFA World Cup Final match.

In 2018 FIFA World Cup, France won the World Cup for the second time, defeating Croatia 4–2 in the final of which am very sure they are going to defend the trophy in Qatar

11 Likes

A supercomputer has predicted who will win the 2022 World Cup :trophy:

A World Cup supercomputer has projected that Portugal would defeat England in the semifinals, setting up a matchup with Lionel Messi and Argentina in the championship game.

Prior to the competition in Qatar this winter, Gareth Southgate’s team has a dismal run of results. For the fifth time in their history, the Three Lions have lost all six of their games.

That form isn’t a factor in BCA Research’s recent experiment, who have sampled matches from the last four World Cups as well as each national team’s FIFA ratings.

England are predicted to reach the semi-finals, as they did in Russia four years ago, but are set to be beaten on penalties by Ronaldo and co.

England’s path to semi-final defeat sees them win Group B before defeating Senegal in the last 16 and Mexico in the quarter-finals.

It’s at this point they’ll fail to overcome Portugal once again. That doesn’t mean Ronaldo will be celebrating his second major international honour, however.

That means the official Messi vs Ronaldo debate will be settled once and for all, with the Paris Saint-Germain superstar coming out on top.

Messi’s been in fine form for PSG this season after a nervy debut campaign last time out. The 35-year-old is expecting this World Cup to be his last, meaning he has one more shot at winning football’s most prestigious prize.

(Source: Sportbible)

11 Likes

The countries with the most bets to win the World Cup :moneybag:

13 Likes