Which No.5 will have a better career? 🤔

Which No.5 will have a better career? :thinking:

16 Likes

Bellingham will wear the No.5 on his back just like Zinedine Zidane did during his time at the club. He has glimpses to be the legend and carry forward Zidane’s legacy of the No. 5 at Madrid.

Bellingham explained why he was opting to wear the number 5 shirt -

Defender Antonio Rudiger currently wears the number 22, which Bellingham has preferred to date through his career, as it is the sum of shirt numbers 10, eight and four, representing his versatility in midfield and wide skill set.

Bellingham, however, does not rule out a change of number in the future, given how special his relationship with the number 22 has been throughout his career: “My heart still feels like 22, but I’m delighted to wear this number.”

11 Likes

Enzo Fernandez wears the No.5 shirt at Chelsea previously worn by Jorginho, who departed to Arsenal on deadline day of January 2023. Legendary midfielder Micahel Essien famously held the shirt prior to Jorginho’s arrival in 2018.

The London club paid a record-breaking £107million signing for Enzo signing until 2031.

images.jpeg

Enzo had won the Best Young Player of the Tournament award at World Cup 2022. He beat off competition from players such as Jude Bellingham, Goncalo Ramos and Aurelien Tchouameni to scoop the award after an impressive tournament.

He led all players for touches (118), successful passes (77) and tackles (10) in the final. His 10 tackles were the most of any player in a World Cup final since Gennaro Gattuso in 2006 (15).

The Argentina starlet played in all seven of Argentina’s games in Qatar as La Albiceleste won the World Cup for a third time. :trophy:

However, Enzo has so far not been able to make a mark in the disappointing run of Chelsea this season, setting up only two goals for Chelsea in 2022-23 season.

Having said that, I think he is a well-rounded midfielder with a bright future, if only Chelsea can harness his potential. Repaying the fee Chelsea paid for him is a big ask, but there is every chance he could prove to be a valuable player for the team.

11 Likes

Bellingham definitely has higher chances of attaining success at Real Madrid :smile: Although Enzo Fernandez having a World Cup medal currently means he’s ahead of him in terms of career achievements at the moment!

9 Likes