Marco Silva sacked. David Moyes to be the replacement?

Everton have sacked Marco Silva after the derby humiliation. David Moyes, the manager who was in charge for over a decade is being linked to a move back to the blue side of Merseyside. Will he be a good choice? Your views?

Everton-next-manager-The-Toffees-could-sack-Marco-Silva-after-losing-to-Leicester-1211739

7 Likes

Silva leaves the club after 18 months in charge with the club. Everton currently sitting in 17th place, just two points above the relegation zone. During his tenure Everton invested heavily in new recruits, spending big money on players such as Alex Iwobi, Richarlison and Yerry Mina. Each of them having varying degrees of success at their time on Merseyside so far. Ultimately, Silva’s demise was down to poor results as Everton lost to all three newly-promoted sides.

4 Likes

EPL Managers sacked in less than a month -

• Nov 19 - Tottenham Hotspur : Mauricio Pochettino

• Nov 29 - Arsenal : Unai Emery

• Dec 1 - Watford : Quique Sanchez Flores

• Dec 5 - Everton : Marco Silva

• Next in line of firing?? :thinking:

3 Likes

That was a good call @Anubhav1

All under-performing club managers on high alert! Looks like a big reshuffle in European football leagues.

2 Likes

Moyes not a good choice now although he was Everton manager until 2013. Moyes had an unsuccessful stint at Manchester United, Real Sociedad, Sunderland and West Ham United. Look at Sunderland and West Ham losses! :scream::exploding_head:

7 Likes

Everton next manager: 3 names being discussed

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe might be the answer to the Toffees’ problems

Carlo Ancelotti could replace Marco Silva

Diego Simeone may leave Atletico Madrid to take over at Goodison Park

Everton-Next-Manager

5 Likes

Everton is in the relegation zone after Southampton’s win… They are 1 point behind the safe zone

2 Likes

David moyes already announced as the manager

1 Like

I have a feeling that firing process will go on a hold for the next 2 months. Ole would be in danger after that I think Manuel pellegrini is in grave danger.
I won’t be shocked if David moyes gets fired once again or even the next Watford manager.
All the other are safe.
Also Ole could have been in danger but the win against Tottenham bought him a few more weeks. After the city game they have a easy fixture lists so I expect him to last this season unless something drastic occurs.

2 Likes

I don’t see this announcement anywhere in the news. If it is true, God help Everton from relegation!!

4 Likes