🇼🇳 ISL 2020/21 Season-MatchDay 11- Previews, Reviews, Match Results, Discussions - Hyderabad FC, Bengaluru FC, Mumbai & More

JUST IN: Danny Fox to feature for SC Eastbengal in tonight’s fixture against Bengaluru FC as his suspension through red card during the previous match against FC Goa is overturned after appealing to the league committee.
Screenshot_20210109-115152

14 Likes

A number of questionable referee decisions this season. Good to see prompt action initiated to avoid future incorrect calls.

12 Likes

Most Valuable Combined XI for tonight’s game! :face_with_monocle:

Who has performed so far this season?

16 Likes

For any player who has attempted a minimum of 20 dribbles in the current campaign of the ISL, SC East bengal’s Matti Steinmann (17 of 22) has the best dribbles success rate of 77.3%. Exceptional.

11 Likes

Bengaluru fc have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six ISL games, which is the longest such streak in the club’s history, conceding an average of 1.7 goals per game. Meanwhile they have scored just once in their last three league games. Unusual.

11 Likes

Bright Enobakhare seems to be a bright star for East Bengal! :star_struck:

16 Likes

Here are the LINE-UPS

16 Likes

SC EASTBENGAL 1-0 BENGALURU FC [45 :00 min]

SC east bengal is looking bright in presence of bright. Really what a player. Solo runs are really threatening. Stainamn was beautiful along side his dummy runs. The most important thing about this team is Maghoma and bright is constantly changing there position and that is making hard for the BFC mid field deal with them. At start they were operating in left then changed to the right and again changed to the left. Very impressive. But defensive lag is there in the team.

For BFC Parag was impressive along side suresh and some spark from captain sunil. Demus was good but they have to do wing play. If they starts pressing and wing play believe me this SCEB defence is very easy to break. They just have to have the courage to do so keeping Bright and stainman left in the deep of their position.

Surely goals are coming.

19 Likes

Bengaluru FC 0-1 SC East Bengal - FT

Matti Steinmann’s first half goal remains as the difference as East Bengal beat Bengaluru 1-0. Bengaluru FC tried hard in the second half but big saves from Debjit Majumder denied them after SC East Bengal dominated them in the first half. The second half was more even but Bengaluru still lacked sting in the final third and Debjit made some huge saves to get the win for his team.

Bengaluru FC had more shots on target and more shots overall but the Hero of the Match Debjit Majumder was up to the task and helped SC East Bengal get the big win.

SCEB-BFC-Stats

14 Likes

Debjit Majumder gets the Hero of the Match award!

Fabulous goalkeeping! :goal_net: :100:

Relentless performance in goal and a clean sheet for SC East Bengal! :clap:

13 Likes

Bright Enobakhare takes home the DHL Winning Pass of the Match!

He might not have scored for a third straight match but a brilliant run from Bright.

ErTXkMkVEAQRoR8

13 Likes

SCEB 1-0 BFC

Astonishingly the match ended in the same result from 1st half. Chances had been created by the both teams but goal keeping was top class.

Debjit who has a new name savejit justifies that. 3 spectacular saves which gave SCEB the most important 3 point.

In the 4th quarter of the game bengaluru was pressing like any thing. But SCEB suffered that and stood their ground. But it was highly questionable move to keep milan singh for 90 min and keeping rafique in bench for so long. Rafique deserves a first 11 spot in this team undoubtedly.

Stainman was completely off in the second half. May be that id because of the injury he got. Hope that he will be back.

What bengaluru is lacking is the attacking. Chetry was trying but he is not in his best touch so dose Udanta. I have never seen this BFC team so ordinary looking till date. Hope that they will come out of it strongly.

15 Likes

Bengaluru FC Coach Naushad Moosa After the Game

"It’s not been easy for me. It was all of a sudden and we knew the relationship we had with Carles, it wasn’t easy for us. For all the players, I had to really sit with everyone and talk to them. The players made me feel comfortable and showed me they are professional and here to play football.

"Three sleepless nights, it’s not been easy for me. I was confident that we can bounce back. Unlucky goal but the way we played today, we can get back. Even East Bengal, they have been on top, and they were also desperate for the victory. I am sure we will come back and give a positive performance in the next match.

“I want to rely on the youth now. The way Parag played in the first game, it was unlucky he got injured. Bhutia, Amay, they were nervous but it was their first game. I do want to give them more time. We still have 10 games to go and it’s not over for us.”

10 Likes

SC East Bengal claimed their second win of Hero ISL 2020-21 after edging Bengaluru FC 1-0 following an impressive performance in Fatorda. Matti Steinmann’s clever finish gave Robbie Fowler’s side the lead in the first-half which they held on to with the help of some sturdy defending and Debjit Majumder’s outstanding heroics in goal. The result extends Bengaluru FC’s losing streak to an unprecedented four Hero ISL matches.

Highlights - Bengaluru FC 0-1 SC East Bengal - Match 52 | Hero ISL 2020-21

8 Likes

Post-match Presentation - Bengaluru FC 0-1 SC East Bengal - Match 52 | Hero ISL 2020-21

8 Likes

Bengaluru FC have now conceded in their last seven ISL games; they have also lost four consecutive games. Both these streaks are the longest in the club’s history. Odd.

9 Likes

After last night game where SC East Bengal edged out Bengaluru FC 1-0 in a very close encounter. The victory means East Bengal have move up to 9th on the log, 2 points behind Bengaluru who have now dropped down to 6th because of last night loss, they could find themselve in 7th place after this week round of games, Here is what the table looks like after last night encounter.

9 Likes

Bengaluru can reach the playoffs’ - Naushad Moosa encouraged by the Blues’ performance against East Bengal

Bengaluru interim coach Naushad Moosa has not given up hopes on qualifying for the playoffs of the 2020-21 Indian Super League.

The Blues lost their fourth match in a row on Saturday when they went down 0-1 to East Bengal. It was Moosa’s first game in charge of the team following the sacking of Carles Cuadrat earlier this week due to the team’s poor run of form.

“There are 30 points out there, I don’t feel that it is not reachable. The boys have the confidence they can do it and I am sure we can get there,” said Moosa when he was asked about the team’s chances of making it to the knockout stage this season.

“If you see the way they played, not to forget we have 10 more games, there is nothing like ‘we are under pressure and we have lost three games.’ The boys were positive and I am really proud of them.”

7 Likes

East Bengal are scared of no one’ - Tony Grant confident of success after morale-boosting win against Bengaluru

East Bengal picked up their second win in three matches with a 1-0 result against Bengaluru.

After the match, Grant said, “We only had a two-week pre-season and only had a whole bunch of players who no one knew so it was common sense that it was going to take time. If anyone thought it was all done, they were crazy. It is a work in progress. It has never been a problem for us (the league position).”

“Bengaluru are one of the biggest teams in the league. In the early days, we have shown that we are fighters, we are scared of no one.”

Grant said that the jump to ISL from the I-League is a big process. “East Bengal have never been in the ISL before, it is a massive jump. It is like taking a conference team in the UK and playing them in the Premier League. It takes time and is a work in progress.”

7 Likes

Kerala Blasters have been unlucky’ - Jamshedpur boss Owen Coyle wary of ‘dangerous’ Yellow Army

Jamshedpur head coach Owen Coyle considers Kerala Blasters as a ‘dangerous opponent’ ahead of their next Indian Super League (ISL) clash on Sunday.

The former Burnley manager feels that that Vicuna’s side has just been unlucky.

"If you look at Kerala’s games, they have been very unlucky. Even if you look at their last game, they obviously lost 4-2 but they could have easily scored five or six goals in the game. Against Mumbai [City, 2-0 loss] they put themselves two-nothing down because of individual errors but they could have again scored two or three goals.

“When teams have had disappointing results, they can be very dangerous. They have some wonderful players. I think it will be a difficult game and we have to make sure that we bring the same work ethic that we brought in the first nine games of the season,” he remarked.

9 Likes