⚽ General Football News 2022-23 Season- Open Thread

OFFICIAL: Ex-Barcelona and Atleti midfielder Arda Turan retires from football aged 35

11 Likes

Michael Ballack in 2002:

:black_medium_small_square: Lost the Bundesliga title in the last game week. :x:
:black_medium_small_square: Lost the German Cup final. :x:
:black_medium_small_square: Lost the Champions League final. :x:
:black_medium_small_square: Lost the World Cup final. :x:

One of the most unlucky players in football history. :pensive::broken_heart:

10 Likes

The Top 10 players in FIFA 23:

:argentina: L. Messi - 91 OVR
:fr: K. Mbappe - 91 OVR
:poland: R. Lewandowski - 91 OVR
:belgium: K. De Bruyne - 91 OVR
:fr: K. Benzema - 91 OVR
:netherlands: V. van Dijk - 90 OVR
:egypt: M. Salah - 90 OVR
:de: M. Neuer - 90 OVR
:belgium: T. Courtois - 90 OVR
:portugal: C. Ronaldo - 90 OVR

Thoughts?

13 Likes

The German national team will be the subject of an Amazon Original documentary at the World Cup this year :de::popcorn:

9 Likes

Zlatan Ibrahimovic on his retirement: “If I see a player stronger than me, I will be ready to retire. But I haven’t seen any player stronger than me yet…”, tells Gazzeta. :sweden: #Ibra

“AC Milan have signed a top player with Charles de Ketelaere - give him some time”, he added.

10 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :tshirt: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Jerseys - All 32 teams home and away kits

:soccer: Three players from Europe’s top five leagues have scored 10+ goals across all competitions this season:

:norway: Erling Haaland: 8 Games, 13 Goals.
:brazil: Neymar: 9 Games, 11 Goals.
:fr: Kylian Mbappe: 8 Games, 10 Goals.

:fire::fire: :clap:t4:

11 Likes

Mohammed Kudus’ stats last season :vs: this season.

It’s gonna be a huge season for him is he stays injury free. :ghana::muscle:
#footballupdate

10 Likes

:rotating_light:DID YOU KNOW: Leo Messi has equaled
Cristiano Ronaldo’s record for most non-penalty goals. They both have 671 non-penalty goals now. :fire:

Messi has played over 140 fewer games. :eyes:

#footballupdate

10 Likes

Cristiano Ronaldo having more career assists than Xavi isn’t talked about enough.

10 Likes

12 Likes

Manchester United are filled with five-star skillers on FIFA 23 :star_struck:

9 Likes

Real Madrid want to host a tennis match between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer at the newly renovated Santiago Bernabeu.

Imagine those two playing in front of 80,000 fans! :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Arsenal Women paid tribute to Maria Petri, a fan who attended matches for 64 years :heart:

11 Likes

Is Eriksen an upgrade on Pogba? :thinking:

11 Likes

FIFA rejects Chile appeal over Ecuador’s 2022 World Cup place

Chile has lost its appeal to FIFA to replace Ecuador at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, the world football governing body announced on Friday.

FIFA dismissed Chile’s argument that Ecuador player Byron Castillo was actually Colombian and ineligible to play in tournament qualifying, in which Castillo made eight appearances for Ecuador.

12 Likes

Paul Pogba faces a race against time to be fit for the 2022 World Cup after it was confirmed he will return from injury just 10 days before the first ball is kicked in Qatar.

➪ Daily Mail

11 Likes

Ricardo Pepi scores his first goal for Groningen on his first start :us:

9 Likes

:poland: Robert Lewandowski has scored 11 goals in 8 Games for FC Barcelona. :clap:t4:

:norway: Erling Haaland has scored 14 goals in 10 games for Manchester City. :clap:t4:

The Famers are Farming in the best Leagues in the world. :man_shrugging: :relaxed:

16 Likes

:rotating_light: Mathias Pogba has been indicted and is being held in prison for the duration of the investigation into the attempted extortion of his brother Paul Pogba.

(Source: @BFMTV)

16 Likes