⚽ General Football News 2021-22 Season- Open Thread

Lionel Messi reached a milestone this weekend by appearing in his 800th club match :star2:

17 Likes

Ukraine crisis changes venue of Champions League final

Uefa is almost certain to switch this season’s Champions League final away from St Petersburg amid the Ukraine-Russia crisis.

Even UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, speaking in the House of Commons on Tuesday, said there was “no chance of holding football tournaments in a Russia that invades sovereign countries”.

17 Likes

Aguero too scared to watch football!

Former Manchester City star Sergio Aguero has admitted he wants to watch and play football but he’s too scared following his cardiac arrhythmia diagnosis.

He said, “Today I want to play, but I’m scared. I trained all my life to the maximum and in big competitions. I don’t watch football or the news, I don’t care what’s going on. I concentrate on what I like the most, like friends. Returning to play comes into my head from time to time but I know it’s something I can’t do. They told me I was lucky because I could easily have had a heart attack. Now it time to relax. I’m happy with what I’m doing.”

Screenshot-2021-12-15-124213

12 Likes

The goal that made the world stop :scream:

LeBron James even had to post it on his Instagram :joy:

12 Likes

Joe Cole thinks Eden Hazard could have been the best player in the world if he had Cristiano Ronaldo’s mentality :eyes:

12 Likes

Antonio Conte’s response to Pep Guardiola suggesting Tottenham’s goals vs. his side only came through counter attacking :eyes:

13 Likes

UEFA are exploring plans to move this season’s Champions League final in Russia, sources have told ESPN.

Full story: es.pn/3h8ffos

10 Likes

BREAKING: The USWNT have reached a settlement agreement with U.S. Soccer regarding equal pay claims.

The players will receive a lump sum payment of $22M :moneybag::us:

Full story: es.pn/3t1ptMT

13 Likes

Bruno :rofl:

10 Likes

Sergio Agüero will be with Argentina at the 2022 World Cup :trophy:

11 Likes

DID YOU KNOW :sunglasses:

Since the start of the 2020-21 season, Chelsea have kept more clean sheets in the UEFA Champions League than any other side (13).#StatAttack :interrobang:

13 Likes

Meet Adekite Fatuga-Dada :muscle:t6:

She became Watford Women’s longest-serving player at just 24.

Born in 1996, the midfielder arrived at Watford in 2008, before enjoying a successful stint at Arsenal where she won the Youth FA Cup trophy.

Adekite returned to the Hornets in 2015 and has since remained there.

She was invited to the Nigeria camp in 2021. :nigeria:

[:camera:: IG/afatuga96]

11 Likes

Former Man City player returns to the pitch after 423 days and 11 surgeries

Omar Elabdellaoui lost his vision when a firework exploded in his face on New Year’s Eve 2020.

It took 11 surgeries to restore his sight. Today, 423 days after his last appearance, he has made his comeback for Galatasaray. It is always heart-warming to see a player overcome difficulties and rejoin our lovely football community.

13 Likes

Wolves star Pedro Neto returns after 10 months out from a ‘rare’ injury in their Leicester victory

Pedro Neto has lifted the lid on his nightmare year after making his first appearance for 10 months due to a serious knee injury.

The Wolves star was his club’s best player last season until his campaign was cut short when he damaged his kneecap in the win at Fulham last April.

9 Likes

Just another year for Messi :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

:notes: 𝓦𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝓷’𝓽 𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓴 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓑𝓻𝓾𝓷𝓸 (enough) :notes:

14 Likes

This XI knows a thing or two about winning the Champions League :star2:

14 Likes

Ajax announce that they’ll retire Abdelhak Nouri’s no.34 :pray:

12 Likes

We’ll start - Mario Balotelli is the only Italian player to ever win the Premier League :trophy:

14 Likes

The Golden Boot races are heating up in Europe :fire:

16 Likes