⚽ General Football News 2021-22 Season- Open Thread

Wayne Rooney’s Derby County were given a 21-point deduction. They are under a transfer embargo and can’t sign any new players.

After beating Sheffield United 2-0 they moved off the bottom of the table for the first time this season.

His first job in management :chart_with_upwards_trend:

11 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Should Man Utd make Bruno Fernandes one of their top earners?

Advantage Real Madrid… :trophy:

11 Likes

Robert Lewandowski wouldn’t put himself at Messi & Ronaldo’s table when he won #TheBest last year :pleading_face:

11 Likes

Simple question: Who’s #TheBest? :trophy:

12 Likes

Nani bagged an assist two minutes into his debut for Venezia :boom:

10 Likes

Samuel Umtiti will undergo surgery after breaking a bone in his foot, Barcelona announce.

The defender recently signed a new contract and was linked with a January loan move.

16 Likes

#TheBest selfie of all time? :selfie:

16 Likes

Nadia Nadim fled Afghanistan when she was 11 after her father was killed. She has scored 200 goals. Played for PSG and Man City. Represented Denmark 99 times. Speaks 11 languages.

This week she qualified as a doctor after 5 years of studying whilst playing football.

Wow :clap:

16 Likes

Paco Gento, one of the greatest players in Real Madrid history, has died at the age of 88.

In 18 seasons at Real, he won 12 league titles and six European Cups, becoming the most decorated player in the club’s history.

Rest in peace :pray:

12 Likes

Paul Scholes was 32 years old in 2006

He then went on to win 5 Premier Leagues titles (inc. a 3-peat), the Champions League (3 finals in total, inc. back-to-back), two League Cups & four Community Shields before retiring from football at the age of 39

It’s actually remarkable…

15 Likes

Antoine Griezmann for France:

102 games
42 goals⚽️
28 assists🅰️
70 G/A

Trophies: World Cup, Nations League
Individual achievements: Euro 2016 Player of the tournament and Golden Boot, World Cup Bronze Ball and Silver Boot

One of the best internationals players ever.

14 Likes

Man United conceded 28 goals in the Premier League in 17/18.

They’ve conceded 29 this season and it’s only January.

What Mourinho did with this Man United was remarkable.

14 Likes

Adama Traoré wants to lead with action in the fight against racism.

14 Likes

:speaking_head: Cristiano Ronaldo on Sporting Lisbon:

“I will retire there. I have to give it to them even if it is one season of my service. They scouted me while no one saw something special in me, they made me and without them I would be probably working at McDonalds.” :raised_hands::portugal:

15 Likes

Most goals scored since 2020:

Lewandowski: 120
Ronaldo: 91
Haaland: 90
Mbappe:84

Blessed to watch them Weekly :goat:

14 Likes

Sergio Ramos:

“Cristiano Ronaldo is the most important player in the history of Real Madrid.”

14 Likes

Messi was ranked 5th in B’dor ratings in 2018 and nobody heard him crying about it, not even once.

He talked only on the pitch, won the next 2 Ballon d’Ors.

Sports history has never seen a more classy person than him.

14 Likes

Age is just a number :older_man:

13 Likes

Leo Messi joins Cristiano Ronaldo as the only athletes with 300M+ followers on Instagram :calling:

14 Likes