⚽ General Football News - 2020-21 Season Open Thread

N’Golo Kante: “When I was younger I played on the wing. It was only when I came to England & played for Leicester they used to always say to me ‘tackle tackle tackle’. I’m not naturally defensive. When people ask me about my game under Sarri I always say I had so much fun."

7 Likes

Karim Benzema made his senior debut for Lyon on this day in 2005. Since then:

—355 goals in 764 games

—Real Madrid’s fifth-top scorer and all-time leading assist provider

—25 trophies including four Champions Leagues

10 Likes

OFFICIAL: Derby County have confirmed Wayne Rooney has been appointed as permanent manager on a two-and-half-year until the summer of 2023.

10 Likes

BREAKING: Mauricio Pochettino has tested positive for coronavirus, Paris Saint-Germain have announced.

11 Likes

OFFICIAL: Derby County appoint Wayne Rooney as the permanent manager

Derby County confirm the appointment of Wayne Rooney as the club’s new manager.

11 Likes

OFFICIAL: Bruno Fernandes wins Premier League’s Player of the Month for December

OFFICIAL: Bruno Fernandes wins Premier League’s Player of Month for December.

8 Likes

OFFICIAL: Dean Smith wins Premier League’s Manager of the Month for December

Dean Smith has won the Premier League’s Manager of the Month award for December.

11 Likes

Beckham teaches Inter Miami academy stars a lesson or two in a training session

Inter Miami owner David Beckham showed he still has a trick or two up his sleeve during a kick-about with the club’s academy stars on Thursday afternoon.

11 Likes

Iwobi Makes EPL Team Of The Week Alongside Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham Hotspur Stars

Super Eagles star Alex Iwobi has been named in the latest English Premier League Team Of The Week by Whoscored.

9 Likes

Morata: I will tell my children that I played with Cristiano Ronaldo and Dybala

Alvaro Morata has revealed his pride at playing alongside some of the biggest names in the current Juventus squad, such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala.

7 Likes

Ex-Juventus legend attacks Ronaldo: He’s in decline, Lukaku is more decisive

Inter and Juventus will face off this Sunday in the Derby d’Italia at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, and all eyes will be on Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo.

6 Likes

Salah says he wants to play ‘every minute of every game’ ahead of Man Utd clash

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah insists he wants to play all the time and added he can’t predict a Premier League winner yet ahead of the huge clash against title rivals Manchester United on Sunday.

6 Likes

EFL Young Player Of The Month : Reading’s Olise Follows In The Footsteps Of Moses, Osayi-Samuel

Nigerian attacking midfielder Michael Olise has been named December’s English Football League Young Player of the Month, informs the official website of the EFL.

5 Likes

Pochettino tests POSITIVE for Covid-19 just two weeks after becoming PSG manager

Mauricio Pochettino has tested positive for Covid-19, forcing the Argentine to miss PSG’s clash with Angers on Saturday less than two weeks after being appointed.1610795589566

12 Likes

Barcelona presidential election could be put back to the middle of April

The elections at FC Barcelona are scheduled for Jan. 24 but that date is currently up in the air after the Catalan government extended the restrictions currently in place in the region until Jan. 24.

11 Likes

Worries over Messi’s fitness ahead of Supercopa final

Barcelona fans are now anxiously waiting to see if Lionel Messi will be fit for this Sunday’s Supercopa de Espana final against Athletic Club.

12 Likes

Bruno Fernandes has set the best example of how players should conduct themselves in the Covid era

The most welcome item of football news this week came with Bruno Fernandes being named Premier League Player of the Month1610795806690

This is all the more gratifying since this is the fourth time out of seven he has received this award since joining Manchester United last January.

9 Likes

Lautaro dreamed of playing with Messi

Lautaro Martinez says he dreamed of playing alongside Leo Messi last summer and insists he will reach an agreement to extend his Inter contract.

11 Likes

Chelsea will ‘fight to keep Giroud after his talks with Juve STALL over deal’

Chelsea look set to try and hold on to Olivier Giroud after the Frenchman’s talks over a move to Serie A champions Juventus stalled, according to reports.

9 Likes

CHRIS SUTTON runs through the form of Reds and Man Utd ahead of Anfield clash

Manchester United have returned to the top of the Premier League, the first time they have held first place at this stage since 2013, and the stakes could not be any higher ahead of the Red Devils’ trip to Liverpool

11 Likes