🇶🇦 FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Latest News, Updates and Discussions

FIFA has approved the use of semi-automated offside technology for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar :trophy:

The future of football? :eyes:

21 Likes

Adidas’ 2022 World Cup ball will feature a tracking device used for semi-automated offside technology for the first time.

The ball gives VAR precise data ‘to support fast and accurate offside calls’ :soccer:

17 Likes

Brazil’s legendary 2002 squad reunited to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their fifth World Cup title :trophy::brazil:

19 Likes

Qatar’s World Cup stadiums are set to be alcohol-free, with beer sales outside arenas only allowed before and after some matches, a source with knowledge of plans for the tournament said :beer::x:

24 Likes

Canada and Costa Rica book their places at the 2023 World Cup :airplane:

12 Likes

Brazilian referee Igor Benevenuto has become the first FIFA-ranked referee in football history to come out as gay :rainbow_flag::clap:

11 Likes

The first-ever World Cup kicked off 92 years ago today :earth_americas:

21 Likes

Zambia, Morocco, Nigeria and South Africa are the latest teams to book their spot in the 2023 Women’s World Cup :tickets:

16 Likes

It’s been four years since France became champions of the world.

Just 129 days until their title defense begins in Qatar :hourglass_flowing_sand:

16 Likes

Colombia beat Argentina 1-0 to reach the Copa América Femenina final and book their place at next year’s World Cup in the process :colombia:

12 Likes

Brazil are the latest team to qualify for the 2023 World Cup after beating Paraguay 2-0 to reach the Copa América Femenina final :tickets:

Paraguay and Argentina will have a chance to book their spot in the third place playoff match

11 Likes

At the 2022 World Cup, the USMNT will be staying at The Pearl, a man-made island in Doha, where a suite can cost up to $16,500 a night :money_mouth_face::flushed:

12 Likes

Argentina are the latest team to book their World Cup final spot after beating Paraguay 3-1 in the Copa America Femenina 3rd place match :argentina:

11 Likes

Philipp Lahm says he will be boycotting the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

13 Likes

FIFA will move the World Cup to start a day earlier, on November 20 instead of November 21, so that host nation Qatar can play first, per multiple reports

13 Likes

The 80,000-capacity Lusail Stadium in Doha, Qatar will be the site for the World Cup final

12 Likes

OFFICIAL: FIFA announce that Qatar vs. Ecuador will now be played on Nov. 20, making it the opening match of the 2022 World Cup :soccer:

12 Likes

We’ve only got 100 days until the World Cup starts :trophy::hourglass_flowing_sand:

12 Likes

Sadio Mane has already arrived in Qatar :senegal:

15 Likes

I would love to tell you all, I am lucky enough to have got tickets for the FIFA World Cup 2022. Anyone from Qatar who would like to give some important suggestions before I start packing for my dream journey!!!

5 Likes